Thread: Worldwide Zombie Invasion Starts Tomorrow

England

Worldwide Zombie Invasion Starts Tomorrow

The planned global outbreaks will center in and around the world's major landmarks, including the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Big Ben in London, the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Bosphorus Bridge in Istanbul, the Acropolis in Athens and more. They will begin at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong, followed by Istanbul, Madrid, Munich, London, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, New York City and Los Angeles, among others. Attacking a total of 26 cities, each outbreak will be documented and shared with fans the world over as it happens.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ning-commute/1
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow...I didn't know bridges spanned the Bosphorus till today I knew it was a 'narrow' strait and where it was, but shit, thought it was too wide and had never heard of them bothering to bridge it.

Learn something new everyday.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    AAAAAHHHHH!!! Who knew the zombpocalypse would happen on a schedule?!?!? I thought I'd have more time to prepare!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Twitching

United States
    Fascinating,
    Each nation on Earth manages (barely) to deal with each other nation through hard-won treaties and oft-times distrusted mechanisms such as the U.N, but the universal love of zombies makes it a snap for AMC to organize 26 separate and distinct zombie events around the world, in areas with vastly different customs, language and history from their opposite numbers.

Isn't our beloved genre wonderful? The fascination with a zombie apocalypse is so world-wide that we have a 26-city event in the offing around the world. May not sound like much to some people, but major coordinated protests of important social issues like protesting wars, picketing against whaling/the depopulation of various endangered species, and even protests against events and practices that threaten to destroy the fundamental basis of the marine food-chain. Ie: Major successive oil spoils and holes/weak spots in the ozone, both precipitating the mass-death of plankton, the source of a huge percentage of our oxygen, and the basis for the huge % of protein derived from marine fisheries....and it's the international fan-base of zombie movies and The Walking Dead in specific that shows us how worldwide unity should really be done.

Hmm, maybe we should come up with a really kick-ass zombie movie, and make part of the price to see it the donation of 1.50$ American/its equivalent part of the admission price. Could probably make a huge dent in the deforestation of the rain forest by providing the slash-and-burn farmers of South America with yearly food stockpiles in exchange for stopping the pointless one season's worth of half-assed harvest they get for burning down a huge section of the rain-forest. LMAO.

Only half-kidding, but this zombie event they've got going is really great, and it brings to mind a short story I just read that highlights the need for this kind of publicity of Zombie Walks/events. Was about a guy who saw what he believed to be "zombies" attacking and eating "innocent victims, who for some reason were laughing. He grabs a length of hunk of metal pipe from the construction site he just walked past and proceeds to start busting open zombie heads, then the screaming starts. Story ends at the police station, where his narration of what happened was his statement to the police, who then show him a flier for a Zombie Walk for the Cure for Diabetes, and it slowly dawns on him he's a mass murderer due to believing in the possibility of a zombie apocalypse.

Great story, because it's something you could imagine really happening due to some hapless zombie movie fan. Awesome event and way of generating more buzz about The Walking Dead.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm shocked that they haven't mentioned Atlanta yet. Strange considering it's the center of the series...

England
    Only half-kidding, but this zombie event they've got going is really great, and it brings to mind a short story I just read that highlights the need for this kind of publicity of Zombie Walks/events. Was about a guy who saw what he believed to be "zombies" attacking and eating "innocent victims, who for some reason were laughing. He grabs a length of hunk of metal pipe from the construction site he just walked past and proceeds to start busting open zombie heads, then the screaming starts. Story ends at the police station, where his narration of what happened was his statement to the police, who then show him a flier for a Zombie Walk for the Cure for Diabetes, and it slowly dawns on him he's a mass murderer due to believing in the possibility of a zombie apocalypse.
    Outstanding. Do you have a link for this mate

MY HOME CINEMA

Twitching

United States
    Not the exact story, it's in and among a list of tons of other stories, but shouldn't be hard to find because they're linearly accessed.
    http://www.talesofworldwarz.com/index.php

Great story site. Some of em are just talented amateur-level contributions, but others are fit as-is for any professional anthology. In either case, it won't be a chore for any zombie fan to wade in and find the specific story they're looking for. Lot of the stories derive their base from World War Z, or zombie apocalypses in general. "Mercy" was a very nice story.

England
    Thanks

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    they have alot of the zombie invasions all over the world on youtube from today. The Johannesburg one is pretty funny.
    Patrick Bateman: "I have to return some video tapes"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    they have alot of the zombie invasions all over the world on youtube from today. The Johannesburg one is pretty funny.
    Don't know if it made the mainstream media but it certainly worked for the internet entertainment/news websites.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's a nice compilation from cities across the globe.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yeah, bass! That's it! That's zombie!! Fuck, man, we're definitely the coolest people in the world! Yeah... that's why zombies are the best. That right there.
    Hong Kong? London? Athens?