Thread: Look What I Found on Craigslist- Orginal Prop RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Drum

Undisclosed

Look What I Found on Craigslist- Orginal Prop RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Drum

Click the Link For pics
    RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD DELUXE ZOMBIE BARREL / DRUM PROP

Up for sale is a 100% professional movie prop maker made "THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD" movies - zombie barrel / drum prop. This is from my PRIVATE PROP COLLECTION. I had 12 of these ... and this is the very last one.

This is the super deluxe version of this prop that has hoses, prop power box / fuse panel, and bio hazard sticker. The barrel is a 55 gallon plastic drum that has been painted, detailed and outfitted to as good (if not better) than the version seen in the RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD movies. The top has been specially crafted to include a plexi-glass "window" so you can see the inside. The barrel has been painted with 5 layers of paint with a tremendous amount of detail! You can see in the photos the extra "caked - on" crud around the pipe fittings. The paint is textured to give it an even more realistic weathered appearance. Looking at this prop - even close up - you would swear it was a real steel rotted drum.

The inside is painted black to about 1/2 way down so you can put any zombie prop, skeleton, ghoul inside. Everything has been painted with oil-based paints. The whole masterpiece has been clear coated to protected it as best as possible. This is a work of art - and should be treated as such! It is durable, but should not be mistreated! I am sure the person who gets this is going to be absolutely thrilled! People that have bought some of the other ones I had were absolutely blown away.

The "power cord" in the back goes into the barrel )see photos) connects to a 14" tube light that secures right under the lid, below the viewing window, to illuminate whatever zombie or skeleton you put inside. You can also connect a cheap smoke machine with a timer and place it inside to smoke rises out of the separation between the lid and the barrel.

The barrel dimension are approx: 39" x 26" including the faux power box on the side.

This is truly a collector's piece and a one of a kind! PERFECT FOR HALLOWEEN!!! Don't let this great item get away!!!

Local pickup only in NORTHRIDGE, CALIFORNIA, 91345. I have no way to ship this large item because it is too big for UPS and would be expensive to ship via freight.

Email me if you have questions or would like to come see it in person.

ASKING PRICE: $200
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...015787576.html

United States
    (Dialing 1-800-454-8000...)

"Hello Colonel Glover? We've found them sir. I repeat, we've found them."

"Quick, somebody loan me two hundred bucks!!!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's a nice looking replica, but I would bet you could make one nearly identical for less than half the price. Most of everything on that barrel are things you can find at a local hardware store. And the barrel itself is of course easy to find. Cut a new lid, rivet in some plexi glass, add the box and hoses, paint, stencil, weather, bam....you've got yourself a nice replica without the cost.
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Oct-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: die

Undisclosed
    Overall though I think its pretty cool, no way to know if its and original or a fake... But its very nice to see people still interested in zombie stuff.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

yea but I think your right, someone creative can remake this item, I wouldnt drop $200 on it... more like $75....lol

United States
    It looks like one of those lightweight plastic drums. For $200 not a bad deal, lot of work went into designing and painting that prop.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Here is the youtube link to see the part of the movie were it shows the drum, as you can see its clearly missing the Top Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvQa5...eature=related

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wait....are you questioning whether it's a screen-used prop or not? It's a replica. No way one of the originals would be so cheap. Besides....he even says it's a replica.
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Oct-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: ...

Undisclosed
    judging by the pix...i don't think it's actual size....
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Undisclosed
    I called the 1-800 number on the barrel and its a Sex Line... Guess the Zombie Patrol of the army went out of business...lol

Super Moderator

United States
    Looks cool, though. I'll say that much.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany