Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Episode - Tell it to the frogs

Undisclosed
    hey guys thanks for ruining the only GAR-inspired tv show we'll ever see for me. :/

Offensive remarks removed by moderator.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 17-Nov-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Offensive remarks removed by moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    hey guys thanks for ruining the only GAR-inspired tv show we'll ever see for me. ASSHOLES. :/
    Why should a bunch of guys you don't even know ranting & carrying on some message board decrease your enjoyment of the show any less? I'm not thrilled with the turns the conversation has taken either, but it's still the same great show regardless of who says what to whom.

And now, to lighten the mood: Boobs.

Last edited by MoonSylver; 17-Nov-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: bewbs

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    And now, to lighten the mood: Boobs.
    that's what lori said to shane the evil corrupt manipulative bastard as she ripped off her shirt and jumped his bones like the unfaithful evil whore she is....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that's what lori said to shane the evil corrupt manipulative bastard as she ripped off her shirt and jumped his bones like the unfaithful evil whore she is....

Undisclosed
    Goddamn I loves me some big, bouncin' titties! My mood's lightened already. WHERE THE DEUCE IS THE "WOO HOO BOOBIES" SMILEY!?!?!

United States

Also, episode 4 preview:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Noob fight!!!!
    Laugh of the day dude. Thnx.

2 cents: Whether it's the right call or wrong call is not certain, for this is a subjective issue. One person's morals or "the right call" is different for all of us based on our life's experiences.

For example, some might not have a problem leaving a piece of shit like dixon on the roof to die of exposure or worse , as i wouldn't as well.

For some that's something that would weigh heavily on their conscience till the day they die as it seemed it would have Rick and T-dog.

One thing that is not ambiguous though is that each person must make that call for themselves.

Last edited by darth los; 17-Nov-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: .
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

United States
    THAT is what I was saying,
    When I said I wished people who agree with Shane's logic deserved to be used as meatshields and certainly not worth exerting one's self to save, it had VERY little to do with a TV show. How you handle your personal freedoms, what value you place upon them, and what you will endure to retain them says a great deal about you as a human being.

Conversely, it is my contention, for all to see, that those who throw that freedom away the moment day-to-day life gets dangerous ARE NOT HUMAN in the most important sense. They have decided to obey the herd instinct instead of listening to their own minds and instincts. How much clearer a separation between a man and a steer can there be?

You talk about Washingtons, sending men off to die. Yet you omit the fact that in each case, the bloodiest conflicts America has ever chosen to engage in have been to retain or defend essential human freedoms.

We're not talking about what people do in a moment of panic. Many normally reasonable people of great integrity succumb to panic and follow the crowd. That's not what we're seeing here. We're seeing a group making a lifestyle of deferring all significant powers of choice to one man, in the hopes that man will provide them with safety in exchange.

I see that as a fact, not a "personal bias".

And, if you condemn me for placing no value on the lives of people who place no value in anything BUT physical survival, how much integrity is there in such a decision?

Edit: Getting a bit tired of the personal attacks, when I certainly have not attacked anything but ideas and TV characters, so gonna take a breather to maintain that distinction before I get nasty in response to said attacks. Opting out before certain powers can drag the character of this dialog lower.
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 17-Nov-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Further Consideration

Dead

United States
    I apologize for any personal attacks or anything that I've made.
    But I still stand by my original ideas.

All comments on my part will not include anything like that.
    I'd still like to discuss this further, if everyone thinks it's safe to go back in the water??

They have decided to obey the herd instinct instead of listening to their own minds and instincts. How much clearer a separation between a man and a steer can there be?
    IMO, the situation for them doesn't break down like that. You see it that way because your a person watching a TV show and analyzing the actions of those on-screen personalities. At this point, they aren't yet trying to pick up the pieces of civilization. They're trying to figure out what they need to do to survive in the short term, it's too early in their scenario to be talking about long term sustainability and retaining what it is that separates them from steer.
    The small temporary camp they've setup isn't even secure. They're disoriented, hungry, scared, cold, and confused. And although they are in a group, they're still concerned mainly about their own. They're barely functioning as a group, they certainly don't have any confidence in the group yet because all that's happening is little fights and people lashing out at other people because of stress. They don't have anything they need, they don't know what's gonna happen next, or who's gonna die next.
    Although they're not constantly in a state of absolute panic, they're still absolutely stricken with fear every second they're conscious. You have peoples family members seperating from the group on supply runs, making them even more on edge.
    It's all about survival right now because it has to be!

We're seeing a group making a lifestyle of deferring all significant powers of choice to one man, in the hopes that man will provide them with safety in exchange.
    This is where the discrepancy between our POV clash. I don't see that.
    Outside of the decision to lie to Lori about Rick, what choices is Shane depriving the individuals of the group from making themselves?
    It's to be assumed that the "rules" Shane mentions weren't forced upon anyone but rather agreed upon by everyone in the interest of safety and survival. But with all the differing personalities, people with less discipline or people who only think of themselves will disregard those rules for momentary comforts. So there has to be someone there to enforce the rules that everyone agreed upon or else most everyone will just do as they please. Like Ed and the log. He was cold and doesn't care about anyone but himself, so by putting that log on the fire he jeopardized the safety of the group. Shane stepped in because nobody else would've. You can't have everyone doing whatever they please.

I see that as a fact, not a "personal bias".
    That's one of the reasons why we had a small dispute. Because that is not fact, that's an opinion. By it's very nature.
    I certainly have not attacked anything but ideas and TV characters
    Me neither.
    Last edited by babomb; 17-Nov-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: dehydration

England
    You know that zombie that got decapitated and had the shit kicked out of him. That was Greg Nicotero. Way to go Greg.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Dead

United States
    That's hilarious!!!

Canada
    Watched it again and dont understand why he cut his hand off opposed to the thinner bolt the handcuffs are attached to? It being rusty should of taken less time than his hand.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    that's just one of the unnamed survivors of the camp shooting home movies...kinda like those stupid kids in diary.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    hey guys thanks for ruining the only GAR-inspired tv show we'll ever see for me. :/

Offensive remarks removed by moderator.
    Crap! i don't even remember posting this - sorry everyone. :/

There's a reason i usually don't post when i've been drinking, and you've just seen it. Again, apologies to everyone who read this. Ugh... :/

Group hug?

Edit: Upon further review, based on Moonslyver's epic post, i may in fact post drunken belligerent rants more often! lol!
    Last edited by Skold; 18-Nov-2010 at 04:23 AM. Reason: boobies!

Dead

United States
    Keeping with the discussion and moving on.

Anyone think Merle's escape had something to do with the helicopter?