Thread: Town of "F**king" in Austria getting punk'd...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Town of "F**king" in Austria getting punk'd...

This really did make me laugh, I uncensored it for your amusement

Village of Fucking outraged by British prank callers

Angry residents in the village of Fucking are complaining about drunken English speaking callers demanding to know 'Is that Fucking?' - before bursting into laughter and then hanging up.

The Austrian village of Fucking is providing much mirth to the British

Pranksters noticed that residents of the badly named village could be found by typing the word 'Fucking' in the online Austrian telephone book www.auskunft.at.

Also available on the telephone book are locals at the Austrian villages of Oberfucking, Windpassing, Wankham, and Rottenegg - although it seems that Fucking is the most popular - and the one that is being targeted by pranksters.

And now random callers have been making life miserable for the villagers.
    Johann Maier, 56, told local media: 'It's true - we get calls and a voice in English asking if we are in Fucking or is that Fucking - then there is laughter or something - and then they hang up.'

Mayor Siegfried Hauppl said: 'I don't know why they have to go on about it all the time, the English - we are always in the news but we are just a little village - we want to be left in peace.'

And he rejected any suggestion that the village change its name.

Last year locals in the Swiss village of Wank urged the Fucking residents to lighten up - open a few guests houses and sell postcards to cash in on their fame.

The Wank Guest House, they said, was full all year round.
    This really did make me laugh, especially the bit about the residents of Wank and Fucking having a meeting...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Too classic not to be bullshit!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    I think Wank in Switzerland has the right idea ... still harsh on the folks of Fucking to be getting prank called by drunk Brits, it doesn't make us look good, but yeah man, you need to own that shit and profit off it. Hell, if I was going to choose a hotel in an area, would I go for the boring named one, or the one named "Wank"? It's a no brainer!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Indeed, it seems to me that if they really wanted to be left alone, they would change the name... I guess it's a matter of priority, though. Not sure exactly.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Fucking great. yuk yuk yuk

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Indeed, it seems to me that if they really wanted to be left alone, they would change the name... I guess it's a matter of priority, though. Not sure exactly.
    well, you know - Addlestone could mean "go fuck a kid" in arabic and I wouldn't have a clue much less lobby my council to change the name!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.