Thread: Every Cop in Town Quits After Attack in Mexico

Super Moderator

United States

Every Cop in Town Quits After Attack in Mexico

Goddman, I was doing a search for news on a local matter and noticed this headline pop up:

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack
    Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at station

[MEXICO CITY — The entire police force of a small northern Mexican town quit after gunmen attacked their recently inaugurated headquarters, according to local reports on Wednesday.

Los Ramones Mayor Santos Salinas said nobody was injured in Monday night's attack, during which gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at the building's facade, according to Noroeste newspaper's website. Six grenades, of which three detonated, were also flung at the building, the newspaper reported.

"Fortunately, those who were inside the building threw themselves on the ground and nobody was hurt," Salinas told the newspaper.

All 14 members of the force reportedly resigned Tuesday. Nobody answered the phones at Salinas' offices, according to The Associated Press.

The new police headquarters had been inaugurated three days earlier.

Los Ramones is in Nuevo Leon, a state torn by fighting between the Gulf and Zetas drug gangs. Police stations in small northeastern Mexican towns are frequently attacked, and several mayors have been assassinated.

Mexico's ill-equipped municipal forces often quit after cartel attacks. President Felipe Calderon has proposed eliminating Mexico's municipal forces and replacing them with one force per state.

According to Salinas, at 9:30 p.m. on Monday unknown assailants arrived at the police station and launched a 20-minute attack, Noroeste reported. Police backup arrived shortly after.

While the mayor had not received threats leading up to the attack, police earlier noticed suspicious men driving luxury pickups in the area, the newspaper reported. Fearing a strike, policemen lined up their patrol cars in front of the building in order to create a barricade, the newspaper added.

It was the second attack in less than a week against police installations in the state of Nuevo Leon. On Oct. 19, two grenades were thrown at a police shelter in the town of Sabinas Hidalgo, Noroeste reported.

The Associated Press reported.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Mexico is really torn up right now. They have more problems than you can shake a stick at.

Corruption is rampant down there. Having a police force is futile. I would have quit as well.

Unfortunately Mexico's problems seem to be ours as well. Imo, sooner or later we're going to either have to interject economically or militarily.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Jesus, this aint the first bad news like this from mexico way ive heard in like the last hour. And people say we have crime bad in the states and england...

United States
    Badges!? We don't need no stinking badges!!

That is really insane... but given the amount of violence they deal with there, I am not surprised.

Twitching

United States
    Mexico has one big problem, from which all their OTHER problems derive,
    As a people, Mexicans seem to have become completely accustomed to their nation being complete shit. I say this not as an anti-Hispanic slam or any racist nonsense, simply a pragmatic statement of fact. People have been abusing power and screwing the Regular Joe, or Regular Juan for well over 200 years. THEN, after all that institutionalized screwing-of-the-Mexican-people is mostly finished, minor drug cartels that would have been wiped out in South America moved north into Central America 20-30 years ago, and have now grown large enough that their business interests give them the power to inflict an equal if not greater level of terror on the Mexican people.

If it's so bad that "Northeastern towns are regularly attacked, causing municipal police forces to quit", and "Mayors are regularly assassinated", the Mexican government really only has two choices. 1) Haul their army north and take massive casualties against better-armed, about equally organized fighters on the payrolls of the Cartels, and maybe end up with rioting in major cities while the Army is busy up North, or (better option) 2) Invite the US down to play, and tell us up front that we won't even HEAR the words "Sovereign Power" muttered under someone's breath. Yes, the US military is tied up elsewhere for the most part, but a few Special Forces teams doing off-the-books wetwork to pave the way, followed by a hard-hitting joint DEA/ATF task-force with a take-no-prisoners mindset could damn near END the flow of drugs coming across land and into the Southwestern U.S, before being disseminated all over the country for sale by lower-level dealers. No, it wouldn't stop all the drugs brought into the country via the Gulf or across really weak/inhospitable areas of the Mexican/U.S border, but it'd make 1,000x the dent in that drug-flow that their regular operations are netting, that's for damned sure.

Ahh, but who am I kidding? The VERY LAST THING the U.S government wants is to actually ::horrified shudder:: WIN the War on Drugs. Fund the DEA and ATF off tax-revenues instead of seized drug-related assets? Heresy! Destroy their highly visible stalking horse, used to continue their efforts to chip away at the Constitutional Rights of American Citizens? Blasphemy. And finally, (my personal favorite), Interfere with the operation of U.S Intelligence Agencies-run/controlled cartels that have been yielding billions per year in off-the-books profits for the higher-ups in those agencies, and also fund their Black-Ops? "Never!" they'd cry.

Then again, tell you guys something you don't know, right?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    The VERY LAST THING the U.S government wants is to actually ::horrified shudder:: WIN the War on Drugs. Fund the DEA and ATF off tax-revenues instead of seized drug-related assets? Heresy! Destroy their highly visible stalking horse, used to continue their efforts to chip away at the Constitutional Rights of American Citizens? Blasphemy. And finally, (my personal favorite), Interfere with the operation of U.S Intelligence Agencies-run/controlled cartels that have been yielding billions per year in off-the-books profits for the higher-ups in those agencies, and also fund their Black-Ops? "Never!" they'd cry.
    You forgot to mention the involvement of the international bankers, and the Greys from Zeta Reticuli. :-P
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    You forgot to mention the involvement of the international bankers, and the Greys from Zeta Reticuli. :-P

"If people were to know the things I know, it would all fall apart."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsyfn View Post
    Badges!? We don't need no stinking badges!!

That is really insane... but given the amount of violence they deal with there, I am not surprised.
    LOL Made me laugh...thanks

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Murdoc: You know wot? I don't remember any drugs from my little vacation in Mexico... well, I don't remember much of anything, come to think of it... But yeh! How come they don't cover any of the brothels in these articles? I think the people have a right to know! They're really quite good! Er... I mean... that's wot I heard...
    Noodle: The article is about crime... or at least, that was the impression I had...
    Murdoc: Well yeh, but it's all linked to the drugs, isn't it?
    Noodle: You are just obsessed with drugs! I'm warning you, Murdoc, if you don't change your lifestyle...
    Murdoc: No need to fret, my little... er... see, I made this deal, y'know? With the big man downstairs...
    Russel: Shut up, Murdoc, let the people speak.