Thread: Anyone else getting REALLY frustrated with the Anime Bleach?

Twitching

United States

Anyone else getting REALLY frustrated with the Anime Bleach?

Hey,
    Thought about this in another thread, and decided to kick off a discussion with my fellow Anime fans here about it. For those of you keeping up with Bleach...are you past the point of being maddeningly frustrated at how invincible and always-ten-steps-ahead Aizen the Big Bad Villain is?

I mean c'mon, he builds a Mod-Arancar SPECIFICALLY TO DEPOWER YAMAMOTO'S ZANPAKTOU. Then, when Yamamoto kicks Wonderweiss's ass, but gets critically injured when he chooses to contain all the energy of his sword that the dying Arancar is about to release (which would destroy all of Karakura Town), Aizen just smiles and reveals that was the plan all along.

Then, Yamamoto surprises him and reaches out and grabs Aizen by the ankle, and activates a Level ***96***!!! Destruction Kido without the incantation. There's this huge nuclear-blast-like energy release in the shape of an upward-raised sword-blade, and then we see Aizen fly out the side of this blast, land on one knee and then come to his feet, just in time for Ichigo to be taking a shot at him from behind, then the episode ends...

Now I ask you: Isn't it time for Aizen to hit the upper limits of his power yet? Frankly, I'm getting completely bored with Bleach because I know that, no matter what the Good Guys do, Aizen will have either anticipated it weeks before they thought of doing it, and come up with a Master Plan to make their effort ineffectual, or he'll simply not get hit due to his Godawful Mass-Hallucination/Super-Hypnosis-causing Zanpaktou. Case in point, last episode 9 of the 12 Captains of the 13 Court Guard Squads + the Leader of the Stealth Force attacked him simultaneously with this awesomely unstoppable combined-power-combo. Only to find that their target turns out not to be Aizen at all, and was instead poor Momo, who Hitsugaya ran through.

Then, in 11 sword strokes (one each), Aizen cripples all the Lieutenants, Captains and the Stealth Force Leader, before he and Wonderweisss-Gump turn their attention on Yamamoto.

I say ENOUGH ALREADY. Maybe Japanese audiences are enjoying this, but from my perspective the writers/animators have beaten every bit of flesh from the bones of the dead horse that is Aizen. Villains that are not only invincible but omniscient for all practical purposes for MULTIPLE SEASONS AT A TIME are *****BORING!!

Thoughts/Opinions/Feedback?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    You obviously are'nt ware that tite kubo is the king of the trolls.

-and if you think its bad now it gets worse. much worse. i've kept up with the manga because its like a minute of my time a week to read it but its been shit for about 3 years now. I only stick with it to watch the train wreck because i started bleach all those years ago because it was a neat story about a teenager who becomes a grim reaper and fights monsters. i did so because i enjoyed it. now it is dragonball z with the same character with many hairstyles and names and varying levels of "now i use my technique to go to the next level", its been like that since the whole 'rescue rukia from the execution" storyline.

It helps if you think of it as a meta comedy now. like how is kubo gonna go even crazier this week?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    ...What is this "Bleach", of which you speak? I only know of the cool animes... such as HotD and Beck... SE is good too...

Twitching

United States
    Agreed,
    I read a bit ahead in the Manga, and they couldn't even let Ichigo's power increase (that he lost control of after fatally wounding the Espada holding Orihime/Inoue hostage, and then stabbing his own ally in the gut), stick with him, let him get a handle on it, and be available for use against Aizen.

The reason THAT in particular frustrates me is multiple individuals involved in Bleach-continuity have confirmed that had Ichigo been in his Vasto Lord form when he fired off that Getsuga Tenshou blast at Aizen's back just as he burst through into the material world, it would've packed the punch to finish Aizen. As it was, his mighty go-to Technique simply poinnnng'd off Aizen's negligibly raised shield.

When I read even FURTHER ahead in the Manga and FINALLY found out WHY Aizen is so Godawful powerful, I wanted to cry. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...the little pain-in-the-ass spherical item Kiske Urahara created....

Still, it bothers me. I know I should just blow it off and give up on Bleach. Especially since I've seen it really doesn't get any better with regards to Aizen in the Manga for a long, LONG, LONG time. It's just a shame, since unlike Dragonball Z, Bleach had a complex enough cast of characters and world-setting to be something more than DBZ-with-Grim Reapers. Of course it's not like many of the Interim Last-a-Season Antagonists have been much better. The Bount/Bound, Muramasa etc.

(Though incidentally, have you ever considered that had Muramasa survived and Koga somehow been wooed back to the side of good, that Muramasa's power would've been the PERFECT weapon to ruin Aizen's day? Oh sure, he's a badass and all, but without that Complete Hypnosis B.S at least the storyboard writers would have to work for a living and get creative.)

You're right though, I need to just resign myself to the fact that Bleach is a lost cause. If it wasn't for the fact that its become a weekly ritual for me and my last friend I see face to face who hasn't ditched me cuz I don't/can't go out to watch the new English-dubbed episode of Bleach the day after it gets posted, I probably would've given up long ago.

What're you watching Anime-wise lately? I like Kekeishai (sp?), but its still slow to crank out new episodes on Cartoon Network late at night. Watched Trinity Blood, Trigun and the first arc of seasons of Full Metal Alchemist....Liked Hellsing, but havent found decent copies of anything but the five OVA.

Any suggestions?