Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: George Romero who??? Darabont the new KING of zombies

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    GRAND SLAM... THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!

and the TOYOTA zombie commercial is a hoot.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    my head is full of space junk, but your words are coming through...

Undisclosed
    fuck I guess the zombies eat horses...lol

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ok i get Romero started it all, but Darabont has now shown us a great zombie world. 40 minutes in and I can even say in words how friggin impressed I am with this show so far. This is just outstanding stuff and of course credit has to go to the source material, but goddamn this is great stuff and Romero needs to take notes on this for future projects.
    Yeah, props to Darabont for bringing it to the screen & I hope evereyone gives credit to the unsung hero here: Robert Kirkman for creating such a great series to begin with & for going the direction all others have failed since GAR: characters & story.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    So good seeing these gore/zombie effects in HD, they're astoundingly detailed for a TV series.
    I've never been concerned about that one way or the other, but I think this will lay all others fears to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i have looked into my crystal ball and am predicting a flood of posting in the next few hours to 24.
    Yeah, I've been bracing for impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_dead View Post
    fuck I guess the zombies eat horses...lol

Gotta get Rick off that horse, on foot, & trapped somehow

One thing I'm mildly bummed they left out from the comic

was the caffetera scene. Since they already used the "dead inside" thing I'm thinking they WON'T be using it later on when they discover the gated community? Shame, as it's a hell of a reveal
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 01-Nov-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: ...and another thing!

Dying

United States
    Epic show. I gotta hunch its gonna be sticking around for a few seasons

Undisclosed
    Romero's problem is not his directing, it is his recent scriptwriting. If the rumor is true, I think everyone should reserve judgement until season 2 and see how he directs his episode of TWD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Romero's problem is not his directing, it is his recent scriptwriting. If the rumor is true, I think everyone should reserve judgement until season 2 and see how he directs his episode of TWD.
    Geroge has already said he isn't going to:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/21/wa...george-romero/

Things could always change, but he's pretty much a "do my own thing" guy as alluded to in the interview.

Undisclosed
    Love it! Been waiting for something like this since DAY. Finally someone has got the chemistry right for zombie films. Lets hope this could be an example to others who may create future films.

United States
    GRAND SLAM... THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!

and the TOYOTA zombie commercial is a hoot.
    Yeah, that's probably the first time the owner of a Toyota would be happy their accelerator pedal is stuck.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Undisclosed
    I think most of the credit goes to Kirkman so far the show has pretty much spot on stuck to the book.... And Kirkman pretty much stuck to the Romero universe.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

Things could always change, but he's pretty much a "do my own thing" guy as alluded to in the interview.
    Hate to be the dissenting voice here but... it is probably for the best. With Romero's current track record it is best he stays away from TWD. he has his own thing and Darabont and Kirkman have this and I like the way it is going... Romero may come in and camp it up too much with some dumbass irish fighting clan or a smart zombie named Whopper who howls at female zombies who wear the letter 6
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    itīs just me or i think this is a little overating here. the show itīs great yeah, i love darabont but i think itīs not THAT great. the things iīve seen in the pilot donīt feel any fresher to me. Same old zombie movie things presented like a drama. and so what? doesnīt feel like a movie to me. the dialog remind me zillions of movies iīve seen, itīs good itīs ok, but i didnīt feel so captivated, thereīs lots of CGI blood and nobody complain? for me, survival itīs not a good Romero but itīs still Ahead anybody who wants to attemp the zombie genre.thereīs new things on it, fresh things, fresh escenarios and uses for the zombie(the feud, the wenstern vibe, the 50īs fordesque dialog and acting). i value that more that the execution.

george Romero who? creator, and imitated by the others. thatīs the true. yo can make it 1000000 times and different but itīs the same that he created, even ideas land of the dead itīs been ripped now by lots of movies and these comic series. sorry but this show itīs good but itīs not a new king on the table, only a very good imitator/ alumn

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You've also got to consider that this was the FIRST EPISODE. There are plenty of new, fresh things to bring to the table. The pilot just sets up the universe. The pilot isn't a movie with a beginning and an end. This is an on-going series and the first episode is to introduce us to the world, characters, and scenarios.

United States
    GRAND SLAM.... so far
    THIS! TWD = best zombie related show/movie I've seen in god knows how long.. has put Romero's recent shit to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

That's probably a good thing - don't fuck up an already fantastic series.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 01-Nov-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: because I FUCKING FELT LIKE IT

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    yeah, i know. i read the comics. and i assure you that the comics keep taking ideas of the 6 romero zombie flicks and otheres expanding it.also the ongoing series will keep the same shitty CGI blood that makes romero fans angry in his lastets filcks. i assure you that survival has more real headshots than this first pilot. thatīs it.