Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    There's quite a few shows on TV I really enjoy right now. Walking Dead obviously, and was also a Breaking Bad fan. New Sons of Anarchy has been great, it's been an awesome season of Boardwalk Empire, It's Always Sunny just ended a VERY strong season, South Park has been pretty good as well. Eastbound and Down is back with a vengeance, the new HBO show "Hello Ladies" is also pretty great. It's sad that TV is almost trumping cinema right now, although admittedly I rarely watch new movies.
    I'm not entirely familiar with what shows are on what networks in America, but aren't most/all of those shows you mention on Cable or Subscription channels - i.e. not the "big seven" mainstream networks? That's what I was meaning - channels like NBC and ABC and the like, the sort of channels that pump out horseshit like "Under the Dome". Hopefully these great shows on 'non mainstream' channels will, at long last, inspire some more daring-do from them, not just sliding out cookie cutter, dumbed-down, paint-by-numbers, exposition-heavy clumps of slop.

That's not to say there haven't been good - great, even - "big seven" network shows. The likes of 24 and Lost spring to mind instantly, but even they had their weaknesses, and at the moment - when it comes to quality drama - you have to look to Cable or Subscription channels in America, so it seems.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm not entirely familiar with what shows are on what networks in America, but aren't most/all of those shows you mention on Cable or Subscription channels - i.e. not the "big seven" mainstream networks? That's what I was meaning - channels like NBC and ABC and the like, the sort of channels that pump out horseshit like "Under the Dome". Hopefully these great shows on 'non mainstream' channels will, at long last, inspire some more daring-do from them, not just sliding out cookie cutter, dumbed-down, paint-by-numbers, exposition-heavy clumps of slop.

That's not to say there haven't been good - great, even - "big seven" network shows. The likes of 24 and Lost spring to mind instantly, but even they had their weaknesses, and at the moment - when it comes to quality drama - you have to look to Cable or Subscription channels in America, so it seems.
    That's the best part about the ratings for TWD. AMC is a cable channel and these ratings are right up there with the big networks. It's pretty rare to see a cable program in the top ten list.

Dying

United States

Sons of Anarchy = FX
    Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound and Down, Hello Ladies = HBO
    It's Always Sunny = FXX
    South Park = Comedy Central

Yea, these particular shows are all on cable networks. I thought you were referring to channels like AMC vs. channels like HBO. HBO seems like a tier up from AMC-esque channels, which are themselves a tier up from CBS and NBC and whatnot. The corny shit they show on those stations...particularly the hokey sitcoms....is 100% more horrifying than the Walking Deads sickness.

England
    Missed it this week.

12.20m down again but still outstanding.

http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead...overnor-return

Good read here about just how big it is.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/11/th...-dead-ratings/
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Last edited by kidgloves; 20-Nov-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: adjustmnet

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    11.30m down again but still wins the night

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...more-2/218115/

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    11.30m down again but still wins the night

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...more-2/218115/
    Interesting, but still very good.

I predict an upswing for the mid-season finale. Around about 13m ... let's see what happens.

Administrator

England
    The downward trend is slightly worrying; For many here we're seeing the ideal episodes, yet the general public aren't agreeing?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    12.10m. It's levelling out.
    The mid season premiere will tell us more.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    What do we reckon then?
    I think this seasons premiere was the series highlight in terms of numbers but hopefully the hype train will elevate the ratings above the finale.
    Im going with 14m

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    What do we reckon then?
    I think this seasons premiere was the series highlight in terms of numbers but hopefully the hype train will elevate the ratings above the finale.
    Im going with 14m
    AMC must be thinking it's reached its peak, as well. Episode 409 was "accidentally" leaked on xbox live yesterday. Like so many premieres before it, it "accidentally" gets out. Seems like AMC is trying to build hype.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... 12.5 or 13 million.

Super Moderator

UK
    I was quite a bit off, and even kidgloves was off by a good margin:

15.8 million

http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-se...llion-viewers/

Talking Dead got 5.9 million as well.

England
    I was quite a bit off, and even kidgloves was off by a good margin:

15.8 million

http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-se...llion-viewers/

Talking Dead got 5.9 million as well.
    Very nice. No complaints here

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Those numbers are especially nice since TWD was up against the Olympics and the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. VERY impressive numbers!!