Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

United States
    Wow, the better it gets, the more the ratings drop. Go figure...

Super Moderator

UK
    A week off only two episodes in is looking rather silly now, isn't it? Although at 7.2m that's still a very good rating - Better Call Saul likewise started very strong and then slipped considerably over the course of season one (6.88m for 1x01 slipped to 2.53m for 1x10 ... 1x09 had the lowest rating of the season at 2.38m).

However, as we've seen before, these shows need time to grow and establish themselves. Hopefully FTWD ticks up again in the ratings as it really deserves to ... but what's the bet the media will have a field day and establish a narrative around this?

England
    Down again 6.62m but still great.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...n-more/469914/
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A week off only two episodes in is looking rather silly now, isn't it? Although at 7.2m that's still a very good rating - Better Call Saul likewise started very strong and then slipped considerably over the course of season one (6.88m for 1x01 slipped to 2.53m for 1x10 ... 1x09 had the lowest rating of the season at 2.38m).

However, as we've seen before, these shows need time to grow and establish themselves. Hopefully FTWD ticks up again in the ratings as it really deserves to ... but what's the bet the media will have a field day and establish a narrative around this?
    Hopefully AMC stays the course. How many good television shows in history have been cancelled prematurely because the networks got nervous about ratings?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    Hopefully AMC stays the course. How many good television shows in history have been cancelled prematurely because the networks got nervous about ratings?
    Fortunately both Better Call Saul and Fear The Walking Dead have already had their second seasons green lit. They're already deep into the work on the former, and they'll be getting on with the latter too. There'd still be a chance of something getting canned before production - but I'd say it's highly unlikely in FTWD's case.

They've seen ratings grow with their various shows. Breaking Bad - rightly hailed as a huge achievement - did relatively low numbers in season one, and took a long time to catch on, even up to its final eight episodes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd be more interested to see what the ratings are the middle of next season after people know exactly what the show is about and the curiosity/novelty/newness has worn off. I think that will tell more about what this series base viewer number will be like.

I know many walking dead fans who gave the show a chance but it turned out not to be their speed so they're just kinda done with it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    I'm going with a prediction of 8.8m for the finale then for it to rise to 14m with +7 days ratings.
    Loads of people have been recording it to watch later if you look closely at the figures. Still a huge huge success

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... I'll go for 8.5m for the finale.

Where are you getting the figures from that show the entire picture for Live plus those watching it recorded?

It'd make sense that FTWD hasn't got to 'appointment viewing' yet as it's only just started. While TWD still has plenty of people recording it for later, it has more 'appointment viewers' ... frankly, with a show like TWD, how could you watch it any other way if you have the choice? Spoilers are flying all over the shop the following morning so you can't do anything online until you've seen the episode.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... I'll go for 8.5m for the finale.

Where are you getting the figures from that show the entire picture for Live plus those watching it recorded?

It'd make sense that FTWD hasn't got to 'appointment viewing' yet as it's only just started. While TWD still has plenty of people recording it for later, it has more 'appointment viewers' ... frankly, with a show like TWD, how could you watch it any other way if you have the choice? Spoilers are flying all over the shop the following morning so you can't do anything online until you've seen the episode.
    Not everybody is online MZ. I work with people who love TWD but have zero interest in the Internet or the show beyond watching it on the telly.

The figures usually come from tvbythenumbers mostly and they have +3 and +7 days ratings later in the week.

Anyway,

The finale figures are quite surprising to me.

6.86m

It looks like a level has been reached already. Well until the hype kicks in for season 2

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The finale figures are quite surprising to me.

6.86m

It looks like a level has been reached already. Well until the hype kicks in for season 2
    Yeah, a smidge surprising ... but then again they're very solid numbers to be working from as a seemingly core base. I think AMC can be rather chuffed with that. The premiere was always going to be rather high for the curiosity factor, just like with Better Call Saul.

Super Moderator

UK
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-cable-history

In its six-episode first season, the "Walking Dead" spinoff averaged 11.2 million total viewers, 7.3 million adults 18-49 and 7.2 million adults 25-54 in live viewing plus three days of DVR playback. The Oct. 4 season finale drew 10.1 million viewers, 6.5 million adults 18-49 and 6.6 million adults 25-54.

England
    14.6m for the S6 premiere
    Down from last year but still huge

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/13...son-6-premiere

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    14.6m for the S6 premiere
    Down from last year but still huge

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/13...son-6-premiere
    It'll be interesting to see how the 'delayed viewing' figures compare to last year (i.e. are they bigger than last year, like the live viewing was smaller this year?)

I wonder if Fear The Walking Dead somewhat had an impact - i.e. we'd had six weeks worth of zombie apocalypse fun already by the time TWD S6 rocked up, whereas normally we'd have been starved of Kirkman's world for months by the time a season premiere arrives.

England
    Another drop. Big one this time 12.2m

http://deadline.com/2015/10/walking-...lb-1201588539/

MY HOME CINEMA