Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

Undisclosed
    TV Guide has been combining the tv ratings as well as DVR usage and TWD has been consistently in the 9m range.

England
    Holy f*cking shit. Im speechless

9m

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/19/wa...rd-viewership/

thats

9m
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    - one smiley for each million!
    Last edited by tkane18; 19-Mar-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: error

United States
    damn, that's good news. proud to say that i got my brother hooked on this show recently and last night was the first time he's actually watched it during airtime rather that DVR'ing it and watching it later.

now i wonder about the crap-fest known as comic-book virgins....surely they have seen a rather large drop in ratings lately...seems everyone i know (aside from a handful of individuals on this site) hates that show.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    now i wonder about the crap-fest known as comic-book virgins....surely they have seen a rather large drop in ratings lately...seems everyone i know (aside from a handful of individuals on this site) hates that show.
    Count me as one of the individuals who likes the show. In fact, I love quirky people and this show has plenty. They worship Kevin Smith a tad but I'd say the four main castmembers are the most realistic of the reality type shows on tv.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, 9m is more than the weekly ratings the WWE gets for both it's weekly shows, smackdown and raw, combined. Impressive.

Zombie Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Holy f*cking shit. Im speechless

9m

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/19/wa...rd-viewership/

thats

9m
    HOLY MOLY!

EXCELLENT NEWS - I wonder what the figures add up to including the +1hour airing and DVR views?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Count me as one of the individuals who likes the show. In fact, I love quirky people and this show has plenty. They worship Kevin Smith a tad but I'd say the four main castmembers are the most realistic of the reality type shows on tv.
    I'm with you Mr.G - I really enjoy Comic Book Men - the figures are nowhere near that of TWD, but that was always going to be the case. To those out there bitching incessantly about the show - don't fucking watch it then! AMC puts one reality show on, and folks proclaim it's the end of the universe, sheesh. Regarding the 'reality' of the show, as a keen listener to the Tell Em Steve-Dave podcast (now up to 103 episodes, featuring Bryan Johnson, Walt Flanagan, Bryan Quinn - from Impractical Jokers - and sometimes Ming Chen), I can say that how they appear on the show is how they appear in the podcast. Their characters are true, albeit tempered slightly for cable TV ... the language and topics of conversation are less fucked up than what they sometimes get into on the podcast.

Sure, the show is very tightly edited, but that's down to the editors - and it's not like they're hiding that it's tightly edited. They would benefit from tempering that scissor hand a bit, mind. I like the use of a podcast to bracket the show and provide necessary info for the laymen in the audience, and I've really enjoyed the show ... I pretty much never watch 'reality shows' beyond glancing through the channels and stopping on one for a few minutes (whatever it might be, Dog The Bounty Hunter, or something about various SWAT teams, or one on t'other night about people who bid on crap in those lock-ups when they've not paid the bills) ... it's quite rare for me to watch them generally. I watched The Osbornes when it was originally on, but haven't seen it since and have no interest in seeing it anymore. I watched Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors or whatever it was called last year (it was alright, a passing interest to fill in time) - however Comic Book Men I've found to be really entertaining, and returning by the way of the TESD podcast, it's true to those people featured on the episode.

As for 'worshipping' Smith though - to be fair, they've been best friends for decades.

Anyway - back to TWD - 9 million?! SWEET! Next stop - double figures! That's what I'm hoping for with 3x01.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Mar-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Undisclosed
    According to TV Guide, The Walking Dead season finale had 11.1 million viewers, once DVR usage was added. It's the first time the show broke into the, "Top 15 Shows" list; "shattering viewership records." That's quite an accomplishment, especially for AMC.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    According to TV Guide, The Walking Dead season finale had 11.1 million viewers, once DVR usage was added. It's the first time the show broke into the, "Top 15 Shows" list; "shattering viewership records." That's quite an accomplishment, especially for AMC.
    The great news continues to flood in! They should always count DVR views, in my opinion. Excluding them seems a bit of an old fashioned, even snobbish, habit of those in charge of the official numbers. Fantastic that the show is doing so well!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sounds great, but TVguide has turned into the TMZ of the television programming world. I'm not sure how comfortable I am believing their numbers...

If they are counting DVR recordings, do they know whether or not the viewer recorded the show to view at a later time, or just recorded while watching? Recording while watching could easily come close to making the numbers double. I record all my favorite shows, but watch them as they premiere....
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Mar-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: .

England
    Seeing as season 3 is getting closer and closer , I think its time for some numbers:

The loss of Dish shouldn't hit them too hard as Dish only has a 13% market share. I think the viewers they lose via Dish will be regained due to increased marketing, marathon reruns, people discovering the show on DVD/Blu-ray, viewers changing provider etc.

The show averaged 5.25m for the first season and 6.9m viewers in season 2.
    The season 1 premiere was 5.3m and the season 2 premiere was 7.3m. I reckon they will do 8m for season 3 possibly a lot more and if the pattern continues the average viewers over the whole season seem to mirror the premiere figures so an 8m average would be very nice indeed.
    Im finding it difficult to judge the market "mood" as i've consciously taken a step back from the hype and info due to spoilers at the end of last season so i may be way way off.
    Don't forget the season 2 finale had 9m. If it tops that for the premiere then it will be party time.
    This season will also be crucial for the shows future from a ratings perspective. Mazzara has gone on record saying the he sees TWD as a 7 season show which seems to be the natural life span of a good tv series. As a TWD comic reader and zombie fan, I disagree strongly with Mazzara. There is plenty of story to use from the comic as well as adding the tv writers own mini arc's. The prison arc is great but a lot of good stuff happens after as well so i dont necessarily see seasons 3.0-4.5 being the peak of the show.

Roll on October 14/15th.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I remember reading that the season two finale raked in - once you counted +1 airings and DVR recordings - 11.1 million or something like that. I agree with your assumptions/theories, and aye, season three is a crucial season in a way because it's when a show really starts becoming the show that it will always be remembered as potentially. Season One is always tense as you might only get one season, and then season two is where you have to prove yourself, but also be very careful not to cock it up, and by the time season three rolls around you have to maintain the momentum - but on the plus side you've probably really figured out how the show works best - it's also the season where, in theory at least, the ratings should really pick up even more.

I do hope that TWD continues to be a ratings hit, and I'm very much excited for the show's return.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...and I'm very much excited for the show's return.
    No one would have guessed
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    No one would have guessed
    Well I am known for my subtlety.

England

MY HOME CINEMA