Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Looks like the core audience is 6m. Very healthy again this week. 6.08m

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-more/111468/

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Sundays rock with Football and The Walking Dead!
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

England
    Up as expected 6.6m and improvements in the key demographics.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-finale-266631

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    damn, that's crazy. i was wondering what those numbers would be, and like always, i knew i could count on you, kg.

though this is good news, i really hope AMC doesn't go down the wrong path with their new-found success....which i feel they already are. i really hate the idea of them having a "reality"-style show, which is the vibe i got from the few moments i watched "comic book men". it kinda bummed me out to see that "amc original series" intro come up for a show like that, when i (until now) have always associated that with their epic drama shows mad men, breaking bad, and TWD....now this crap.

United States
    Meh. . Comic Book Men was alright. . .but I see your point. Not their usual fare. Amazing ratings there. . .holy crap!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Excellent news for The Walking Dead - I'd wager that having repeated marathons of previous episodes certainly help some people catch up on the show without having the buy the boxsets if they don't want, so it'll encourage more people in I'd think.

Good news for Comic Book Men too (I really enjoyed it - but I am also a huge fan of the Tell 'Em Steve-Dave podcast, as well as various other shows on the SModcast Podcast Network), they were hoping for 1 million so to get double that they must be pleased ... I just hope the figures hold up for them, but there'll probably be a bit of a dip for the second episode, but again if AMC do marathons repeating the series they could very well cement the audience for the show.

TWD however has been a real juggernaut - 8.1?! AWESOME!

I can't wait till Friday at 10pm on FXUK when I'll finally get to see 2x08!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Excellent news for The Walking Dead - I'd wager that having repeated marathons of previous episodes certainly help some people catch up on the show without having the buy the boxsets if they don't want, so it'll encourage more people in I'd think.

Good news for Comic Book Men too (I really enjoyed it - but I am also a huge fan of the Tell 'Em Steve-Dave podcast, as well as various other shows on the SModcast Podcast Network), they were hoping for 1 million so to get double that they must be pleased ... I just hope the figures hold up for them, but there'll probably be a bit of a dip for the second episode, but again if AMC do marathons repeating the series they could very well cement the audience for the show.

TWD however has been a real juggernaut - 8.1?! AWESOME!

I can't wait till Friday at 10pm on FXUK when I'll finally get to see 2x08!
    Hopefully the remaining episodes merit these high viewing figures! Time will tell!

Also, hopefully it will ensure good investment in the next series. The last thing we want to hear about is more budget cuts! We need some big scenes from time to time...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow. And I thought it wouldn't be as high because Whitney Houston's death would boost ratings for the grammys, or whatever awards show that was...
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Feb-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hopefully the remaining episodes merit these high viewing figures! Time will tell!

Also, hopefully it will ensure good investment in the next series. The last thing we want to hear about is more budget cuts! We need some big scenes from time to time...
    Well apparently, according to that long interview with Glen Mazzara that was posted around here somewhere t'other day, there weren't really any budget issues.

United States
    8.1 million is GREAT!! and that was going head to head with the grammy show which was the 2nd highest rated grammy show in there history, with 39 million viewers...I'm sure the whole Whitney Houston story helped elevate their ratings.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well apparently, according to that long interview with Glen Mazzara that was posted around here somewhere t'other day, there weren't really any budget issues.
    He actually contradicted himself by saying that in this interview. On the Nerdist Writers Panel he is asked whether they sent the writers to set and he responds with something along the lines of having budget issues so no writers went. I've seen a video of Angela Kang on set so who knows what the truth is?
    My understanding of the budget issues is that the startup costs involved with going into production and the high cost of the pilot inflated the average episode budget for the first season.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    He actually contradicted himself by saying that in this interview. On the Nerdist Writers Panel he is asked whether they sent the writers to set and he responds with something along the lines of having budget issues so no writers went. I've seen a video of Angela Kang on set so who knows what the truth is?
    My understanding of the budget issues is that the startup costs involved with going into production and the high cost of the pilot inflated the average episode budget for the first season.
    It's too darn confusing, I tells ya! I feel like Mulder trying to wade through the obfuscation!

United States
    From the point of view of one who never read the comic book series, I wonder what would happen if the televison series lasts longer than the comic book's storyline. :/
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"