Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    From the point of view of one who never read the comic book series, I wonder what would happen if the televison series lasts longer than the comic book's storyline. :/
    At this point, that won't happen. The television series has barely skimmed the surface of the comic stories....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    From the point of view of one who never read the comic book series, I wonder what would happen if the televison series lasts longer than the comic book's storyline. :/
    I don't know the comic book writer personally but it's his 'baby' and I think he'll continue to publish it in some format (paper or digital) for many years if not decades. It's actually already approaching it's 10th anniversary (10/2003) and the story hasn't covered a lot of ground, more of a slow burn. I believe the concept is finite and nothing like Superman/Batman/Spiderman. I like the idea of a clear beginning middle and end.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 17-Feb-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: xxx

England
    6.9m this week. Not as good as the mid season premiere but it looks like they have gained nearly 1m extra of the core audience

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/21/wa...ngs-continues/
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm amazed this show continues to do so well. All across the internet you can find countless people bitching about how this show is soooo awful and nothing but a "soap opera", yet these numbers confirm that those same people continue to watch. Looks like the usual case of kids hating the new guy on the block...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    6.9m this week. Not as good as the mid season premiere but it looks like they have gained nearly 1m extra of the core audience

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/21/wa...ngs-continues/
    Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm amazed this show continues to do so well. All across the internet you can find countless people bitching about how this show is soooo awful and nothing but a "soap opera", yet these numbers confirm that those same people continue to watch. Looks like the usual case of kids hating the new guy on the block...
    I think it's more a case of a minority shouting the loudest, while those who dig it have less to talk about - it's kind of like how a product on a website seems to get a lot of shitty reviews because it broke on them, but everyone else for whom it worked, don't have a reason to bitch so they say nothing. Not the same thing here at HPOTD - we'll talk about anything and everything zombie until the cows come home whether we loved it or loathed it, but I do think the complaints are overblown in apparent number and in critical terms.

England
    7.04m

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-more/122220/

Yep 7m seems to be the core audience. Gains like that would be nice every season.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    7.04m

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-more/122220/

Yep 7m seems to be the core audience. Gains like that would be nice every season.
    Very nice indeed.

I also see Comic Book Men is at around 1.26m - so nowhere near TWD numbers, but still quite good for a fledgling show of it's style, I would have thought. I've been following it (especially as I'm an avid follower of the SModcast network - including the Tell Em Steve-Dave podcast, featuring those guys) and I've been absolutely loving it. If they'd show it in the UK I would definitely watch it, but I wouldn't be surprised it they can't be arse to shift it over here (same goes for Impractical Jokers - the original American version) ... anyway - excellent news regarding the growth of the core TWD audience. All those re-run marathons are a very good idea indeed - always provide a way for your audience to catch up before the new season kicks off.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I find this disturbing: CUPCAKE WARS FOOD 8:00 PM 1.271

Super Moderator

UK
    And thinking about it, the ratings are more impressive as they held up against The Grammys and The Oscars.

England
    Last edited by kidgloves; 06-Mar-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: .

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Excellent news!

I think it's more a case of a minority shouting the loudest, while those who dig it have less to talk about - it's kind of like how a product on a website seems to get a lot of shitty reviews because it broke on them, but everyone else for whom it worked, don't have a reason to bitch so they say nothing. Not the same thing here at HPOTD - we'll talk about anything and everything zombie until the cows come home whether we loved it or loathed it, but I do think the complaints are overblown in apparent number and in critical terms.
    It's the internet everyone has an opinion, everyone bitches, and everyone thinks they are right... then you have the trolls. Add it all together and you have a toxic soup of stupidity.

England
    6.9m and up again.
    I'm not going to provide any links though because there are spoilers linked to the episode everywhere.

I reckon 7.6m for the finale.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm not going to provide any links though because there are spoilers linked to the episode everywhere.
    You're a gentleman and...a deliverer of data, sir.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    6.9m and up again.

I reckon 7.6m for the finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Indeed, jolly good show kidgloves. Continued good news regarding ratings, and a careful watch for spoilers to boot - most appreciated.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Many thanks brother Aces

-- -------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Indeed, jolly good show kidgloves. Continued good news regarding ratings, and a careful watch for spoilers to boot - most appreciated.
    Cheers.

MY HOME CINEMA