Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Just for the record, this is still doing 16/17m viewers after the +3 is counted. People are still watching just differently

- - - Updated - - -

Just under 11m

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dai...s-nov-20-2016/
    Plus another 1.9 and 1.4 million in other showings that same night. So somewhere around 14m for the night ... plus whatever the rest of the +3 numbers will be.

Yeah, the first episode was appointment viewing for sure - people needed to know who died, so tuned in to watch it live. Then all shows wobble about in the middle portion before the finale (mid-season or otherwise) comes along, those tentpole episodes.

I do a lot of 'time shift' viewing, like most folks do - we watch things differently these days, like you say.

United States
    I'll tell you what, all these bottle episodes aren't helping the ratings at all. There is a reason the preview for this Sunday was done the way it was.

I'm not worried about ratings at all but let's be real, the show peaked in season 5 and these bottle episodes aren't helping people watch right away. I really hope they cut back on them because it's gonna hurt the show long term.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Definitely expected.

You can tell AMC is taking notice by how they are promoting 7x7.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Definitely expected.

You can tell AMC is taking notice by how they are promoting 7x7.
    Yeah - I saw a promo teasing 'underneath Carl's eye bandage' - so they've spotted that they need to juice the audience a little, pump a little mystery hype into the lead up to the episodes. Hopefully they don't overcorrect and begin dictating how to write the episodes/season as Gimple has done a wonderful job - but he and his team of writers could ease up on the 'bottle' episodes as others have said (7A has had too many, which has affected pacing), where you end up losing track of main characters for a handful of episodes at a time. That said - the pacing of episode 7x07 (multiple story threads, little time to dawdle but without losing out on the meat of a scene) was like a night and day difference from 7x06 (following a single character, not an awful lot going on for most of it, sowing seeds for future story when we've already had a lot of new introductions etc in prior episodes). And 7x07 was longer than 7x06, yet felt shorter.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah - I saw a promo teasing 'underneath Carl's eye bandage' - so they've spotted that they need to juice the audience a little, pump a little mystery hype into the lead up to the episodes. Hopefully they don't overcorrect and begin dictating how to write the episodes/season as Gimple has done a wonderful job - but he and his team of writers could ease up on the 'bottle' episodes as others have said (7A has had too many, which has affected pacing), where you end up losing track of main characters for a handful of episodes at a time. That said - the pacing of episode 7x07 (multiple story threads, little time to dawdle but without losing out on the meat of a scene) was like a night and day difference from 7x06 (following a single character, not an awful lot going on for most of it, sowing seeds for future story when we've already had a lot of new introductions etc in prior episodes). And 7x07 was longer than 7x06, yet felt shorter.
    Not just that, but I saw a post saying "Rick, Michonne, Carl, and more return for an all new episode of The Walking Dead!". I've been following this show from the beginning and that's the first time I have ever seen them promoting an episode like that. I hope they learned a lesson and will no longer write a bottle episode like they did for 7x6, that shit wasn't necessary.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 06-Dec-2016 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    10.58m so it looks like the core audience is around 10-10.5m. Unbelievable numbers in this day and age.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/the-walk...mc-1201869245/

The +3 numbers are still very, very strong so I think the fluctuations are more representative of people's changing viewing habits rather than people tuning out as a lot of Internet articles gleefully like to have in their headlines.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    The +3 numbers are still very, very strong so I think the fluctuations are more representative of people's changing viewing habits rather than people tuning out as a lot of Internet articles gleefully like to have in their headlines.
    Ugh, the ruddy clickbait article titles I've seen related to TWD's figures of late. Very selective use of figures (just focusing on the main showing on the one night - they don't even add in the figures from the two other showings that same night, and don't mention a peep of the +3's, as you say). I despise this "clickbait" culture that we've seen develop in recent years. Lots of bullshit excuses for 'online journalism' with very little content and even less in the way of critical thinking - just a load of poorly considered gubbins that's only after a click.

At least that one you linked to discusses the detail a bit more, e.g.
    As an example, the December 4 “Sing Me A Song” episode went up 42% in L+3 viewership to 15 million viewers from its L+SD results, which was actually a 5% bop up from the delayed viewing results of the week before. In the key demo, where TWD casts a long shadow, that penultimate episode of 2016 went up 47% in L+3 to 9.4 million viewers. That was pretty steady with the “Swear” episode L+3 demo rating, lifting 6%.

United States
    We coming back, baby!

I despise click bait articles too.

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Mar-2017 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

MY HOME CINEMA