Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Absolutely Pointless 'How Many Times Have you Watched the Pilot' Thread

Super Moderator

United States

The Absolutely Pointless 'How Many Times Have you Watched the Pilot' Thread

Whether you've seen the pilot of the Walking Dead 0 times, or seen a dodecajillion times. Whether you're hear to tell us because you are trying to prove you are the one true fan of the show or compensating for some flaw of flesh or character you desperately hide away from others by way of exorbitant claims and tall tales. Please regale us with your claims of how many times you've watched pilot episode of The Walking Dead.

Just a silly question for those of us who enjoyed the pilot.

Me? I've seen it once, so far . Gotta watch it again before Sunday.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dying

United States
    A grand total of...once.

I watched it, I loved it, I didn't see a point to watching it again. It's on the DVR if I decide to, but between writing, working, and spending time with the family I haven't really had the urge to.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Watched the screener twice and then the premiere on AMC. Plan on watching it once more before episode 2 on Sunday(which is listed as 11pm on my schedule. Everywhere else is saying 10? )
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Nov-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: 1

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Watched the screener twice and then the premiere on AMC. Plan on watching it once more before episode 2 on Sunday(which is listed as 11pm on my schedule. Everywhere else is saying 10? )
    I think it's 10 Bass. That was when it aired Sunday & when they have it listed for on the next 2 Sundays on AMC's schedule.

Watched twice, the night it aired.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I think it's 10 Bass. That was when it aired Sunday & when they have it listed for on the next 2 Sundays on AMC's schedule.
    That's why i'm so confused. It's listed as 10 on the internet and AMC's scheduling, but my satelite schedule(dish network) has it at showing at 11?...

United States
    4 times..

United States
    probably 4 or 5 so far.

United States
    Only seen it once.

May watch it again if'n they air it before next week's episode.

Otherwise I'll probably wind up renting it on DVD...eventually.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    It's on the DVR if I decide to, but between writing, working, and spending time with the family I haven't really had the urge to.
    I hear ya. I've been busy this week, myself and have it DVRed in case I have the time to give it another look, something I really hope I get a chance to do before Sunday!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I hear ya. I've been busy this week, myself and have it DVRed in case I have the time to give it another look, something I really hope I get a chance to do before Sunday!
    I just saw it again yesterday buddy and Upon further review: The call on the field is overturned !

yeah they messed that blowing the brains out/crawling though the bottom of the tank scene. There was no pause, no moment of realization. It looked very , for lack of a better term (although I'm sure you can help me with that) fake.

Last edited by darth los; 04-Nov-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I am confessing I have watched it 4 times!!!
    Sunday night by myself...then daughter and second daughter watched with me again that night.
    Oh,btw: Daughter doesn't like zombie movies(hmmm is she my REAL daughter?)lol Anyway, my daughter Heather wants to watch it again. My second daughter Moh is into zombies and she thought it was freaking awesome!
    Believe me when I say my Heather doesn't like zombie movies..when I even mention about zombies she hollars at me cause she will have a weird zomb dream that night. lol
    TWD has a GREAT storyline that makes you wanna watch more of it. I am trying not to critic it cause I think it takes away from it. Myself I sit back and ENJOY....SIGH!! finally we got ourselves a zombie SERIES...what more can we ask for?????

England
    Held off, been good, controlled the urge etc...so I only watched it once.

UK premiere tonight, so I get to watch (and record it) it in proper HD. I may "binge view" over the weekend.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 05-Nov-2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: the devil made me do it!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Aaland
    I've watched the pilot a grand total of 5 times, i think I've watched it so many times to pick up on things i may have missed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i have watched it 3 times now. i still have a high opinion of it. is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? probably not, but it is still pretty good nonetheless.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    I am confessing I have watched it 4 times!!!
    Sunday night by myself...then daughter and second daughter watched with me again that night.
    Oh,btw: Daughter doesn't like zombie movies(hmmm is she my REAL daughter?)lol Anyway, my daughter Heather wants to watch it again. My second daughter Moh is into zombies and she thought it was freaking awesome!
    Believe me when I say my Heather doesn't like zombie movies..when I even mention about zombies she hollars at me cause she will have a weird zomb dream that night. lol
    TWD has a GREAT storyline that makes you wanna watch more of it. I am trying not to critic it cause I think it takes away from it. Myself I sit back and ENJOY....SIGH!! finally we got ourselves a zombie SERIES...what more can we ask for?????
    My thoughts exactly! And three times so far :P