Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Hospital

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    have you read NO marvel comics, Dube?
    I think perhaps you've mixed up the superheroes and the Marvel writers.

England
    I'm sure Shanes 1st line to Rick during the fuzzy coma sequence is "were still hanging in there". This could mean the shit was already hitting the fan at that point and maybe Shane, the police and army were all protecting the hospital but it just got too rough and they had to abandon everything. The gates to the hospital where the bodies are were blown open as well so someone certainly left in a hurry. The whole scene smells of panicked evac.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Great feedback. What about the pitch black stairwell - should he have been shocked by a zombie or was it more effective for him not to have encountered anything?

Twitching

United States
    I have another theory about the gurney-barricade in front of Rick's door on the inside.
    What if that Gurney was intended to be as much obstruction to his getting out if he reanimated as it was protection against zombies getting at him from the outside? If nurses/orderlies did that in the rooms of all the "questionable" (Ie: Patients who may yet expire) patients, then it could explain why the hospital is not overrun with zombies as the recently awakened Rick makes his way through it to the outside.

Think about it, we know they were sealing up zombies behind at least one impromptu barricade, why not a simpler version for individual patients? After all, a zombie may jiggle a doorknob, but without direct sight of a human to pursue, how likely is a recently reanimated zombie inside a hospital room to dislodge a gurney in front of the door, THEN get the door open, when there's nothing to stimulate them in the hallway, no sounds or anything?

I mean, look at how quick the zombies were at the chained door as Frank approached it. He provided stimuli, they made attempts to get out and get at him. Before he got close enough to provide that stimulation? No zombie hands protruding out through the door. See what I mean?

Aaland
    What surprises me, that i seen no one else pick up on is the devoured lady in the hospital when Rick wakes up and looks through the double doors. If you look closely she's wearing green, which to me symbolizes shes a nurse or doctor who was wearing scrubs. Maybe she was taking care of Rick, until recently being attacked by walkers. She doesn't look like shes been dead for too long. Maybe that's why she hasn't re-animated.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Zombie View Post
    What surprises me, that i seen no one else pick up on is the devoured lady in the hospital when Rick wakes up and looks through the double doors. If you look closely she's wearing green, which to me symbolizes shes a nurse or doctor who was wearing scrubs. Maybe she was taking care of Rick, until recently being attacked by walkers. She doesn't look like shes been dead for too long. Maybe that's why she hasn't re-animated.
    Mmm good point. Welcome aboard BTW.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Mmm good point. Welcome aboard BTW.
    Very good point, and Hi! I'm new too :P

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the 2nd building he sees with all the military equipment in the front of it has more tell-tale marks of some sort of explosions going on. there are plenty of charred areas which might indicate a fire of some sort. the edges of these holes are also very uneven and a lot of debris can be seen, so perhaps this building was fired upon with a barrage of 40mm grenades or a few AT4's.
    Question for Prof. -- The vehicles and tents behind the second building seemed to be in order. Outside of the burn marks around the holes in the building, there is no indication that a battle took place. How do you explain what transpired there? What would leave so much equipment abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by White_Zombie View Post
    She doesn't look like shes been dead for too long. Maybe that's why she hasn't re-animated.
    The corpse looked much too damaged and picked over to reanimate, even with the head intact.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 05-Nov-2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: update

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Question for Prof. -- The vehicles and tents behind the second building seemed to be in order. Outside of the burn marks around the holes in the building, there is no indication that a battle took place. How do you explain what transpired there? What would leave so much equipment abandoned?

The corpse looked much too damaged and picked over to reanimate, even with the head intact.

What about "bicycle girl zombie" she was pretty messed up as well, the only debate to that is if she sustained her injuries after or before being turned.

United States
    well, off the top of my head, i'm going to say all hell broke loose and they decided in order to save as many as possible in the most expedient manner, they did evac by chopper for all non-infected personnel, and with a large # of troops deserting, wounded, infected, or killed, they had too much equipment to move and not enough manpower to move it.

just a hunch.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Back to the corpse in the hallway, it looked like it had been dead for some time imo, no head wound and yet no reanimation. Is this another Dr. Logan moment? Maybe it recieved head trauma simply by hitting the floor or had the other side of its head blown out.

Also, for this plague to overrun us, the dead would have to turn almost immediately upon death, otherwise the spread could become manageable.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Very good point, and Hi! I'm new too :P
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Also, for this plague to overrun us, the dead would have to turn almost immediately upon death, otherwise the spread could become manageable.
    Or a whole bunch just "get up & kill" all at once, a la NOTLD. There is no "patient zero" per se who spreads anything to anybody (presumably like in Dawn '04 ). Every unburied body just suddenly rises, gets up, goes out for a stroll, & a bite to eat...

Norway
    Maybe the reason Grimes is left alone is because someone said they were going to pick him up but decided to hang out with Grimes hot wife instead? I always thought that ever since I read the comic.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Maybe the reason Grimes is left alone is because someone said they were going to pick him up but decided to hang out with Grimes hot wife instead? I always thought that ever since I read the comic.
    That's an interesting thought. Maybe Shane was actually hanging in with Rick for quite some time, realized the shit was hitting the fan, told Rick 'good luck", and then told Lori that he didn't make it? I could see something like that playing out in later episodes...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    There is no "patient zero" per se who spreads anything to anybody (presumably like in Dawn '04 ). Every unburied body just suddenly rises, gets up, goes out for a stroll, & a bite to eat...
    What in Dawn '04 eluded to a 'patient zero'? I guess I missed that.