Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern: The New Star Wars?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's in the works, as well. A cartoon being ushered along by the same people behind the incredible Batman:TAS.
    Is it taking place in the DCAU?

Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    I'm a bit more interested to see this one. DC has religiously clung to Batman and Superman when it comes to the silver screen. The Lantern stuff is a bit more in-depth (character-wise). Its about time DC offered something substantial to the plate.
    Probably, because almost everything that hasn't been Batman or Superman has been a bomb sadly.

Hopefully, Green Lantern is a success so maybe, it increases the chances of a Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hopefully, Green Lantern is a success so maybe, it increases the chances of a Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman movie.
    Mmmm. Wonder woman I'd really like to see (for a number of reasons... ), especially if they really played up the mythological aspects. The Flash would be cool too. Aquaman...eh...I know they've done a lot of work on the character to make him grittier/cooler, but... not a favorite.

Lessee...who else in the DCU would be movie worthy...Hawkman or The Atom? Dr. Fate or The Spectre? Deadman would be cool. Firestorm?

United States
    Didn't I hear rumors of a Wonder Woman movie with Megan Fox cast? Or were they just that? God...I fucking hope so...

United States
    Didn't I hear rumors of a Wonder Woman movie with Megan Fox cast? Or were they just that? God...I fucking hope so...
    That's a project that's been floating in development limbo for years. Various directors have been attached, then moved on. (Was Abrams one at one point? Can't remember...). Megan Fox was a name (among others) that floated out there for a while, but I think it was just rumor. I doubt they'd pick her. Too much drama, bagagge & negative rep IMO. Yeah, they're gonna wanna bring the hot & sexy, but also maintain the "stong independent woman/positive role model" image, IMO. Classy. Kinda like a Scarlet Johanson type, if you know what I mean.

WW was originally designed, among other things, to be the female counterpart of Superman, but for girls. So think in those terms of the "all american" image the character embodies & I think (hope) that would be the type of casting they'd be looking for.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure they'll get around to Wonder Woman eventually, but it will be a ways down the road. At least now they're giving some of their other characters a shot. Not just Batman. Green Lantern next summer and The Flash script is already in the works with plans to shoot in 2012.

As for Megan Fox....I highly doubt she would play WW. In fact, I doubt she'll be playing much of anything pretty soon. Quitting Transformers was the worst move she could have made. Then her next two films bombed, so....yeah. She's heading toward a Lohan type disaster. At least we'll probably get nude photos or a sex tape out of it.

United States
    As for Megan Fox....I highly doubt she would play WW. In fact, I doubt she'll be playing much of anything pretty soon. Quitting Transformers was the worst move she could have made. Then her next two films bombed, so....yeah. She's heading toward a Lohan type disaster. At least we'll probably get nude photos or a sex tape out of it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A few clips from the trailer. We get to see the suit in motion. Not sure how I feel about it yet...

Cool to see Kilowog....

United States
    A few clips from the trailer. We get to see the suit in motion. Not sure how I feel about it yet...
    Hmmm. I dig it. Can't wait to see it bigger & in better detail.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 13-Nov-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: the way the forum is "grabbing" text to edit is pissing me off...

United States
    Hrrrrrrum...that didn't inspire me with a lot of hope, tbh. Not that I ever put much stock in trailers, but it looks like they're gonna push this thing utilizing Reynold's comedic background (and not as an action flick) in order to draw non-comic book fans. I hate that.

United States
    Hrrrrrrum...that didn't inspire me with a lot of hope, tbh. Not that I ever put much stock in trailers, but it looks like they're gonna push this thing utilizing Reynold's comedic background (and not as an action flick) in order to draw non-comic book fans. I hate that.
    Yeah, that I did notce, but was focuse more on the look and forgot to comment. Then again, those could be the ONLY laughs in the whole move, & they just chose to cut them into the trailer trying to BANK on Reynolds commedic image. Look at Iron Man. You could cut a trailer on it that was goofy & silly looking if you ONLY included the few humerous bits. So I'm not giving up hope yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Remember this...

It's ET. They always slice and dice things to fit their brainless "TMZ" viewing crowd. I'm sure the film will have comedy, but this edit is not something that represents the final product.

That being said...I'm cool with the comedy, but I think the CGI looks a bit rough. With more than six months between now and the final release, I'm hoping that will improve.

United States
    I like the casting of Reynolds. The guy has grown quite a bit as an actor in recent years. Sure he filled roles in every B-comedy thast was produced at the start of his career, but a guy has to get a foot in the door somehow. His recent roles seem to be more selective, and he doesn't do bad work, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I like him a lot. Knew back when he started on "Two Guys, A Girl, And A Pizza Place" that he was going to be big. But I get the same itch YOU'RE getting from the suit from HIM. I'm sure he'll be fine, good even, but I dunno. Weird.
    Ok, I take it all back. Turns out he's played a super hero before, so I'm sure he'll be JUST FINE.

Dying

United States
    He played Deadpool as well. Sort of. Kind of. Well, the character was named Deadpool, anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Traileeeerrrr

I just came. Looks PERFECT. Oa, Sinestro, Abin Sur, AHHH. Looks great!

EDIT:

QUICKTIME HD

I just came twice more....
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Nov-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: .

United States
    I just came twice more....

NOICE!!!! Looks great. Don't know what the fears for the suit were about. it looks fine. Good stuff!