Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern: The New Star Wars?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Green Lantern: The New Star Wars?

Just an update on the film: Check it out.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1129610p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Looks like Halo 2 to me due to color palette etc.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 05-Nov-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: ...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Really excited for this film. Unlike most, I dig the casting of Reynolds. They also seem to be sticking very close to the source, which is the best way to handle these types of films. My only concern is the total CGI suit. We haven't seen it in action yet, so i'll hold off judgment until then.

Should have a teaser in the next few weeks. They're saying it will be attached to Harry Potter 796, or whatever number they're up to now....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Honestly it could be better than star wars if done right. probably as a tv series. I mean it has the focus cast of the couple of human lanterns in a galaxy spanning police force of alines form uncountable worlds. which i would take over hot and tattooine copy pasta any day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    as some of you already know, i am a huge fan of the green lantern, have been since i was a kid. i have been hoping for years that an extravagant film version would be made, so i will be checking this out for sure. i usually don't get up for superhero movies, matter of fact i haven't even seen most of the ones released recently, but this one most assuredly has my interest.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Honestly it could be better than star wars if done right. probably as a tv series.
    That's in the works, as well. A cartoon being ushered along by the same people behind the incredible Batman:TAS.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    the incredible Batman:TAS.
    that show kicks all manner of ass doesn't it.
    Last edited by Mike70; 05-Nov-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: change we can believe in
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    as some of you already know, i am a huge fan of the green lantern, have been since i was a kid. i have been hoping for years that an extravagant film version would be made, so i will be checking this out for sure. i usually don't get up for superhero movies, matter of fact i haven't even seen most of the ones released recently, but this one most assuredly has my interest.
    Which ones? 'Cause some are quite good (Iron Man I loved)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    that show kicks all manner of ass doesn't it.
    Yes, it does.

My only concern is the total CGI suit. We haven't seen it in action yet, so i'll hold off judgment until then.
    I heard they are going to make some changes in it, which should make SOME HPotD's happy...

Last edited by MoonSylver; 05-Nov-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: yoo hoo!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

That's awesome. I think you've just found Lou's new avatar...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Damn you BAss, you beat me to it !!!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States

Hell, I'm still not 100% convinced that ISN'T REALLY LOU!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

Hell, I'm still not 100% convinced that ISN'T REALLY LOU!!!!

I ain't sayin' nothin'!

United States
    The CGI suit is like an itch I can't get rid of. (You know, one of those deep-seated ones in your nether regions that you can't scratch because you're out in public with a cute girl?) I'm trying not to let it dissuade me, because CGI can be a wonderful tool, but...

I like the casting of Reynolds. The guy has grown quite a bit as an actor in recent years. Sure he filled roles in every B-comedy thast was produced at the start of his career, but a guy has to get a foot in the door somehow. His recent roles seem to be more selective, and he doesn't do bad work, IMHO.

I'm a bit more interested to see this one. DC has religiously clung to Batman and Superman when it comes to the silver screen. The Lantern stuff is a bit more in-depth (character-wise). Its about time DC offered something substantial to the plate.

*fingers crossed*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    The CGI suit is like an itch I can't get rid of. (You know, one of those deep-seated ones in your nether regions that you can't scratch because you're out in public with a cute girl?) I'm trying not to let it dissuade me, because CGI can be a wonderful tool, but...
    Same here. That EW cover picture didn't impress me that much. And it looks like they may have changed the suit quite a bit(where are the gloves?!?), but i've convinced myself to wait for footage before getting too worked up over it.

Should have that new footage in about a week...

United States
    The CGI suit is like an itch I can't get rid of. (You know, one of those deep-seated ones in your nether regions that you can't scratch because you're out in public with a cute girl?)
    We should have a thread devoted to that...waitaminiute...

I like the casting of Reynolds. The guy has grown quite a bit as an actor in recent years. Sure he filled roles in every B-comedy thast was produced at the start of his career, but a guy has to get a foot in the door somehow. His recent roles seem to be more selective, and he doesn't do bad work, IMHO.
    I like him a lot. Knew back when he started on "Two Guys, A Girl, And A Pizza Place" that he was going to be big. But I get the same itch YOU'RE getting from the suit from HIM. I'm sure he'll be fine, good even, but I dunno. Weird.