Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So... the UK premier has just finished..

United States
    So, UK gets to watch it on friday nights? Just 24 hours and 12 minutes til the second installment is on. YaY!!!! I can't wait to see what happens after Rick gets out of the tank!?!
    I am glad that the UK gets to see it too! I mean all the hype they had all over the world about it, it wouldn't be fair if everyone doesn't get to see it!!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    FX is too big not to show this in every country they have coverage on, and then sell it to all the countries that don't cover FX...it's a win win situation, US acquisition shows for all networks....!

as for the show, I'm a bit "meh" to be honest. It was OK, but I fail to recieve the blow job that everyone's been promising that it'll provide.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    FX is too big not to show this in every country they have coverage on, and then sell it to all the countries that don't cover FX...it's a win win situation, US acquisition shows for all networks....!

as for the show, I'm a bit "meh" to be honest. It was OK, but I fail to recieve the blow job that everyone's been promising that it'll provide.

When did anyone promise a Blow Job... believe me if a BJ was promised I would be first in line.

So, let me ask this for clarity, are you guys getting it two days earlier than the US, or 5 days later?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    we got it on Fridays the 5th of November, and every friday from then....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Deej - five days later.

I've heard a couple of people in real life go "nothing special" about it, and I can't fathom it. It's kick ass - I'm not slobbering it's knob, nor is it the second coming of christ like some people seem to think some other people see it as (it was never going to be, nothing ever is) ... what it is, is a well made serious look at a zombie apocalypse that focusses on character.

Like hellsing said, give it three episodes.

I think the pilot might have divided some because of its length and sedate nature ... it'll be interesting to see the reaction to the second episode which is, apparently, much more action oriented (and of course at the normal episode length).

I wasn't gasping for breath with such over-joy as I watched it, but I can't remember the last time I ever watched something which elicited such a reaction. I was glued to the set throughout though, even in the slower portions where you're settling into the groove. It took a good 30 minutes for me to get into the groove of the show, during which time I was a little bit unsure how to take it, but what cemented my thumbs up reaction to the show was that intercut sequence of Rick and Morgan dealing with their own seperate tasks.

The acting was good too - the dude playing Morgan (also a Brit) did the grieving widower thing really well, it wasn't "DRAMA! I'M ON TELEVISION!" type mourning and sorrow, it was realistic ... there was a moment where he was talking about his wife and he just halts and gasps. Best "very upset" acting I've seen on TV since William Fichtner in season four of Prison Break.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hey, I'm new about here....

A friend through work set me onto The Walking Dead comics and I couldn't quite beleive they decided to turn this into a series. Absolutley delighted with the end result, no ads on the first show was great.

Even the misses loved it, having just finished watcing Dexter S4 I wasn't sure if she would take to it but it was so well done.

Super Moderator

United States
    Welcome Integra!

It's always cool to see more people enjoying anything zombie, especially when it's quality work like TWD. Hope you settle in and share your thoughts about the future episodes with us.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Welcome to the boards integra!!!
    Amazing isn't how people that don't care for the zombies like this show?
    I liked the commercials they had on about it...they had me sold on watching it from day one.
    Don't forget to sign up on AMC to win a 'stagger on role'. I have last week and this week. lol

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I hope they stay faithful to the story line but does anyone know if they will include all the madness (and darkness) that happens within the prison? I'm guessing someof the scenes may be too strong for TV but I hope not.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by integra28 View Post
    I hope they stay faithful to the story line but does anyone know if they will include all the madness (and darkness) that happens within the prison? I'm guessing someof the scenes may be too strong for TV but I hope not.
    welcome to the boards. allow me to direct you to this thread, which is a good place to discuss stuff that some might not yet be aware of:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...***Spoilers***
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 09-Nov-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: .