Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead: Episode 2: "Guts" (SPOILERS!)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glen was great... I agree, but if you want to nitpick into annoying items... mine nitpick would be starting a 2010 Challenger with a screwdriver... not possible because that vehicle uses push button start.

You need the key Fob present to even activate the vehicle and the alarm on that car was incorrect as well. If you smash a window on a challenger, and try to start it without the fob it won't start. It is a safety feature built in by Chrysler for the vehicle. My Camaro has the same thing... KILL SWITCH.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    that's another for the "blooper" thread.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    awesome show but it had way to many commercals.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    that's another for the "blooper" thread.
    Actually, that's another for the "over-analyization of a TV show thread" that hasn't been started yet.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 08-Nov-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: because I fucking felt like it

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Actually, that's another for the "over-analyization of a TV show thread" that hasn't been started yet.
    Well start it then Lou.... POST IT!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Twitching

United States
    I'm not bothered by any of the so-called inconsistencies of Ep #2,
    Other than what I've already expressed, and the sum total of the negative in this episode did little if anything to detract from my enjoyment of this episode. I in no way felt it to be a letdown, and instead found it to be an enjoyable increase in the pacing, and found that the episode's action had really drawn me in. Everything from

Rick's escape from the tank, to the group dynamics engaged once he met the rest of the survivors, to finally the mad romp to find a means OUT before the zombies busted through the second set of doors. The action had some tense moments, and I didn't feel zombie rat-eating, the zombies being distracted by eating the horse, or any of the rest took away from the episode. If I have any problems at all its with scenes from Episode #3 that seem to indicate the leaving-behind of Dixon is going to cause a clusterfuck with his heretofore unseen equally psycho brother. One racist psycho in a group of 10-12 I'll go for, and maybe one more toned down "follower/toady" to that one psycho, maybe. Two in one small group that are just as bad as each other...uh uh.

So far, NOTHING has happened to make me enjoy the show any less than I did as of the premier. I found Shane and Lori getting it on with their guard totally down in the woods/away from the group to be foolish/foolhardy, and it woulda served them right if Shane got a chunk taken out of him after getting surprised by a Walker while he's trying to bust a nut, due to the sounds of his screamer of an unfaithful source of poontang.

As I said before, other than the problems I see coming from the Ep #3 scenes that may dilute/interfere with the full impact of Rick coming face to face with his wife and son, and the revelation of what his "friend" Shane has been doing with his wife less than a month after he supposedly "died". To me, that's enough drama going on for Ep #3. Especially if some Walkers get lured back to the campsite by Glen in the sportscar with the alarm blaring. I feel no need for the B.S with Dixon's brother that's coming, which is leading to Rick resolving "I'm going back for him." That just wouldn't seem real to me. They KNOW the zombies have full-breached the building, and they escaped by the skin of their teeth with the doors to delay the zombies before. Rick's Bag O' Guns is gone, and as far as we know he's dry on ammo. I really, REALLY hope they don't contrive some reason to force/compel Rick to go back. Yea, it sucks the key got dropped down the pipe, but if anything that's on T-Dog. What happened to Rick's rock-solid resolve to find and protect his wife and son?

Is he really going to storm back into Zombie Horde Central with dick for weaponry, thousands of zombies between him and his objective, and the cluttered building he'd need to traverse to reach the roof is no doubt now home to Walkers lurking amongst the mannequins ala Dawn-style. Unless Dixon's brother maybe kidnaps his wife and/or son and lays down on ultimatum "Go bring my brother back alive, or your wife and kid die" kinda thing, I just can't see it. Plus, even if they DO go that route, I'll be very irked if that's what they make Episode 3 about.

The Walking Dead: Still moving from strength to strength IMO. I'm pumped to see what happens next.

BTW, is anyone else starting to feel that Shane is a REALLY selfish tool? Maybe some of his "command decisions" had some good sense behind them at least in part, but Shane's whole "We have no obligation to do anything to help anyone not here right now" really and completely undermines him as a good leader. His absolute conviction that they had no responsibility even to members of their own group who'd volunteered to risk their lives and go into Atlanta in search of desperately needed supplies pretty much cinched it and flagged Shane as a CJ-like (from Dawn '04) individual. "They're trapped, so they're gone." My ass. When the people he left for dead show up with Rick (who, while he unknowingly put the scavenging survivors in danger to begin with...still put his ass on the line and succeeded in getting almost all of them out of that mess) who is a far better potential leader, the group would be crazy to stick with Shane after his matter-of-fact cold-bloodedness proved to be so wrong.

Still, the fact that I care a LOT about what's happened and will happen is all I need to convince me The Walking Dead is kicking ass and taking names.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well start it then Lou.... POST IT!
    It's already been done, but resides under a different title.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    I feel no need for the B.S with Dixon's brother that's coming, which is leading to Rick resolving "I'm going back for him." That just wouldn't seem real to me. They KNOW the zombies have full-breached the building, and they escaped by the skin of their teeth with the doors to delay the zombies before. Rick's Bag O' Guns is gone, and as far as we know he's dry on ammo. I really, REALLY hope they don't contrive some reason to force/compel Rick to go back. Yea, it sucks the key got dropped down the pipe, but if anything that's on T-Dog. What happened to Rick's rock-solid resolve to find and protect his wife and son?

Is he really going to storm back into Zombie Horde Central with dick for weaponry, thousands of zombies between him and his objective, and the cluttered building he'd need to traverse to reach the roof is no doubt now home to Walkers lurking amongst the mannequins ala Dawn-style. Unless Dixon's brother maybe kidnaps his wife and/or son and lays down on ultimatum "Go bring my brother back alive, or your wife and kid die" kinda thing, I just can't see it. Plus, even if they DO go that route, I'll be very irked if that's what they make Episode 3 about.

Prepare to be irked then.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post

Prepare to be irked then.
    Seriously do you always have to be an asshole?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

United States
    He wrapped it in spoiler tags, man.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Seriously do you always have to be an asshole?
    It is amazing how the mods allow you to consistently attempt to bait me into some sort of flame war. It seems like you do it in nearly every thread. You want to start some sort of personal war with me every time.
    Like Aces said, my comment was wrapped in a spoiler tag. Grow up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Twitching

United States
    To be fair,
    My brain had already informed me that's what the scenes from the upcoming Ep #3 meant. After all,

Rick's announcement "I'm going back for him", immediately after the shots of Dixon's brother going all psycho on them is pretty self-explanatory. Rick's overdeveloped sense of conscience/responsibility is at work again. Where a less conscientious man would say "I gave the key to T-Dog and sent him to get Dixon while I dunno, I WAS BUSY SAVING EVERYONE ELSE *At EXTREME risk of dying a horrible death to do so*", Rick is no doubt thinking "I'm the one who handcuffed the guy, it's my responsibility to go get his dumb White Trash Bigot ass."

Perhaps I might've liked a bit more positive framing of thxleo's sentiment, but I'm not a sensitive little princess who can't handle a touch of the Troll-blood in one of my fellow poster's genealogy. If such turns of phrase bring a little joy to Thxleo's heart, awesome. Cost me nothing, so hey great if he got something out of that.

No hard feelings Thxleo. Perhaps you're just someone who favors a blunt turn of phrase. If so, I can respect that as someone who often dispenses with tact whenever it damn well suits my mood.

But thanks DJ. Felt the love

Edit: Guys & Gals, this is a molehill in the process of swelling into a mountain. Let's just ease back, stand down the bombers and breathe. This = SO not worth a quarrel. Shots have been fired and fire has been returned. Let's call it a skirmish ending in a draw due to parity of forces and tactically unsound conditions under which to continue. Peace, brothers and sisters in Undead Love.
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 08-Nov-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Saw something requiring more be said.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

As for the racist....it's Atlanta, dude. They're everywhere.
    You think so? It certainly wasn't my experience when I lived in Gwinnett Co. (Duluth). Then again, DeKalb/Cobb might be different when it comes to that -- and I only lived there for a little over a year. But, it wasn't my experience while I was there at all. Duluth was one of the most culturally accepting places I've ever been.

I agree that the introduction of the "typical bigot" was completely cliched. The actor played it off well in one of those faux-Southern ways though that Hollywood is typical for (just like picturing everyone from Boston as speaking like "pahk the cah in the gahahge".)

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    You think so? It certainly wasn't my experience when I lived in Gwinnett Co. (Duluth). Then again, DeKalb/Cobb might be different when it comes to that -- and I only lived there for a little over a year. But, it wasn't my experience while I was there at all. Duluth was one of the most culturally accepting places I've ever been.
    Yeah. Lived here my entire life, so i've met quite a few Dixon type racists. It's pathetic, really. I learned a long time ago that it's best to just let them be that way. If you try to shut them down they''ll turn on you extremely fast. And there's nothing worse than being on the bad side of a 300 pound redneck named Bubba with a gun rack in his truck....
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Nov-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: 1