Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 4th episode - "Vatos"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Darabont has stated in a recent issue of EW that he won't be back until season two. Sorry to spoil it, but there it is.

And you're trusting IMDB?!? Dude....seriously?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Ok. I've watched this episode again and I'm getting something different each time. If you watch it with the mindset of Rick and co being the bad guys when it gets to the Vatos part it makes much more sense. Quite moving actually with the old people part. I just wish they'd executed it better. It's very jolting when grandma appears. Daryl Dixon continues to rock. Merle light.
    And Jim. Andrew Rothenberg is doing a great job. My god what a tragic character and yes I've read the comic.
    I recently just did a 4 hour marathon of watching all four episodes and I am liking Episode #4 a little more than I did at first and it was because of Jim's story about his family and how he got away and the guilt he has been carrying because of it. Norman Reedus (Daryl) continues to rock the set, He and Glenn have been my favorite characters since Lennie James in Episode #1.

When you watch the episodes in succession it takes the blow out of the less than stellar episodes... #2 suddenly gets better as does #4. #1 and #3 are still at the top of my list as the best, but I found much more respect for Episode #4 on a second viewing.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Canada
    The tank was an m-60 patton with prosthetics on it to make it look like an Abrams. The Patton was one of the last tanks to have an escape hatch on the bottom of the hull.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Darabont has stated in a recent issue of EW that he won't be back until season two. Sorry to spoil it, but there it is.

And you're trusting IMDB?!? Dude....seriously?
    Hadn't read the EW thing as apparently it was choc-a-block with spoilers, particularly for us Brits.

England
    I'm still convinced its a Chieftain with a slightly altered turret actually!

As opposed to the Patton seen here, but I'm just being a geek

England
    The tank they used didn't have a hatch underneath. It's something I looked for on my 2nd watch through and when Rick crawls under the tank you can't see a hatch anywhere so if people are assuming it's a Patton cause of the hatch they are wide of the mark.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Twitching

United States
    As to comments about "long-winded over-analyzing",
    You mentioned you've stopped reading such posts, so which is worse, enjoying actually thinking through the mechanics of how the elements of a storyline fit together, or writing a post complaining about someone doing that, when by your own admission you don't read such posts?

And no, analyzing the show takes no enjoyment out of it. I do not need to blindly nod along and accept each detail the TV is feeding me in order to enjoy a TV show. Hashing and re-hashing the details of zombie material and what we all variously think of those details is what we do here, isn't it?

I mean, if we're going to complain I've got a complaint. I could not possibly care less which second camera unit operator does what in a different project years later. To me, THAT is over-analyzing the logistics of the show's production, rather than the show itself. How is one detail-oriented examination better or worse than the other?

Moving on...

I sincerely hope that they bring the 6-episode run to at least a good stopping place. Of course no final resolution of anything is feasible (or even desirable) in 2 episodes, but they don't need to thrust the characters into a life-or-death-at-any-moment situation, then end it on us for 11 months. That sort of cliffhanger has been done so much to death that it doesn't spawn a great hunger to see what happens, it just causes irritation (at least for me)...

I'd love to see them struggling to find somewhere safe to settle in, and just have it naturally drift off into next season's first episode.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    I sincerely hope that they bring the 6-episode run to at least a good stopping place. Of course no final resolution of anything is feasible (or even desirable) in 2 episodes, but they don't need to thrust the characters into a life-or-death-at-any-moment situation, then end it on us for 11 months. That sort of cliffhanger has been done so much to death that it doesn't spawn a great hunger to see what happens, it just causes irritation (at least for me)...

I'd love to see them struggling to find somewhere safe to settle in, and just have it naturally drift off into next season's first episode.
    Agreed. Cliffhangers do little more than irritate, generally. They're done to death. The show is great as it is; it doesn't need a cliffhanger to generate re-interest.