Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th episode - "Vatos"

United States

4th episode - "Vatos"

Just finished watching the 4th episode this afternoon. This one was written by Kirkman and it's a little awkward and slow paced at times, but the conclusion of the episode truly packs a wallop which I'm sure will be greatly nitpicked.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You lucky, teasing bastard.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You lucky, teasing bastard.
    Yes! Believe me I wish everyone else was able to see them early too. I want to hear everyone's thoughts right away.

Dying

United States
    I too have seen the episode, and here's what happens.

1. Shane is revealed to be Lori's biological mother that had a sex change after a horrific accident involving a scuba diving outfit and a bolt of lightning

2. Rick goes back into Atlanta to save Dixon. He manages to make it back up to the rooftop where Dixon was left, but upon getting there he hears the millions of zombies below complaining that Dixon wasn't in the comics and is a stereotype, so he shoots the handcuffed man in the face.

3. Back at the campsite, the survivors are attacked by zombie ninjas. Luckily Glenn is there, because if television has taught us anything, it's that every single person of Asian descent is trained in the martial arts. He fights off the threat with the samurai sword that appears out of nowhere and dramatically (and cryptically) states, "The check's in the mail, bitches."

4. Having killed off Dixon, Rick makes his way back down to the street level where he once again enters the tank. This time, though, his remembers his small-town sheriff training and is able to drive the tank away to safety.

5. Amy dies. I don't know why. Let's go with she trips on a rock and falls off a cliff.

6. Dale marries T-Dawg (or whatever his name is) in a touching ceremony on top of his RV.

7. A promo for the next episode airs, a crossover between The Walking Dead and How I Met Your Mother.

...Am I close?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    I too have seen the episode, and here's what happens.

1. Shane is revealed to be Lori's biological mother that had a sex change after a horrific accident involving a scuba diving outfit and a bolt of lightning

2. Rick goes back into Atlanta to save Dixon. He manages to make it back up to the rooftop where Dixon was left, but upon getting there he hears the millions of zombies below complaining that Dixon wasn't in the comics and is a stereotype, so he shoots the handcuffed man in the face.

3. Back at the campsite, the survivors are attacked by zombie ninjas. Luckily Glenn is there, because if television has taught us anything, it's that every single person of Asian descent is trained in the martial arts. He fights off the threat with the samurai sword that appears out of nowhere and dramatically (and cryptically) states, "The check's in the mail, bitches."

4. Having killed off Dixon, Rick makes his way back down to the street level where he once again enters the tank. This time, though, his remembers his small-town sheriff training and is able to drive the tank away to safety.

5. Amy dies. I don't know why. Let's go with she trips on a rock and falls off a cliff.

6. Dale marries T-Dawg (or whatever his name is) in a touching ceremony on top of his RV.

7. A promo for the next episode airs, a crossover between The Walking Dead and How I Met Your Mother.

...Am I close?
    In a nutshell...nope

England
    Looking forward to this. Probably the 1st episode where I haven't got a clue what's going to happen.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I don't have DISH right now, though I will soon again, but I still gotta wait until at least tomorrow to see this. Sucks, but at least I still got my man Kenny Powers to keep me company until then.
    I can't wait to own TWD on dvd so I can watch them all together. Good fucking show.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's 9:10 EST right now. I bet you could have it by 11:10EST.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Nov-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's 9:10 EST right now. I bet you could have it by 11:10EST.
    Ha yeah, I'm hoping.
    I'm ready to find some shit out whilst I lay back with a nice fatty...
    And I'm not talking about my old lady.

United States
    You dare mention a phatty in leo's thread? blasphemy.

Can't wait to see this one though. even if i'm not special enough to see it early.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So far this episode is lackluster.... so we have 3 good episodes and 1 so so... Hopefully 5 & 6 pick the pace back up.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    ahh, it's 11 EST and it's not on PB yet. i no have cable.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok, good ending, but the pisode was still so-so. Need to hire better writers, or let Darabont keep writing. This episode was really poor in terms of story.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    ahh, it's 11 EST and it's not on PB yet. i no have cable.
    Give it a few more minutes... Someone is re-encoding it and uploading it right now I bet
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Great episode IMO. Nice performances, especially from Jim & Shane. Some nice writing, glad to see the doged SOME cliche bullets w/ a nice twist about 3/4 of the way through. A resolution to that scenario that was a tad "TV Drama", but it does raise some nice moral questions in regards to to human compassion. And the end?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ok, good ending, but the pisode was still so-so. Need to hire better writers, or let Darabont keep writing. This episode was really poor in terms of story
    Eh, don't agree 100%. And Kirkman himself wrote this one, so take that as you will.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 22-Nov-2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: typos

United States
    Absolutely loved it. I thought this was the best episode yet so far. Non-stop all the way through.

Some thoughts...

I like how, for a change, this was an attack AGAINST stereotypes instead of giving into it (ahem, Merle). It was expected that the Mexicans at the garage were going to be gangster-like thugs who didn't care about anyone except themselves. And then, guess what? They stayed behind while all the others left a retirement home with elderly people to die. It was actually fairly moving.

The zombie action in the last 10 minutes was fantastic. I was happy to see that wife-hitting bastard Ed go. So long, bastard. I hate that the girl was killed though. She was fairly hot. Did anyone take a tally on who all was killed? I was a little confused in all the action.

EDIT: For all the folks calling Shane out as being "Rhodes in disguise" or what not, I sure as hell don't see it. I, personally, commend him for beating the hell out of that one guy. And while his relationship with Rick's wife is questionable at best and downright wrong at worst it doesn't automatically make him a terrible person (so what? He may have had an affair, it doesn't make it right but a lot of guys who are otherwise stellar people have a problem with keeping it in their pants).

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 22-Nov-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever