Thread: Will we ever have a chatroom again?

United States

Will we ever have a chatroom again?

I miss it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember it being really lively back when the new forums started up in 06'.

I couldn't even tell you why it died down but we really should have the ability to chat on site with one another.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    I miss it.
    I concur.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    Its a coincidence you should bring this up tonight, the old chat room is not compatible with this version of vBulletin but i am looking at other chat solutions. The most realistic looking option at the moment is a integrated IRC room though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Its a coincidence you should bring this up tonight, the old chat room is not compatible with this version of vBulletin but i am looking at other chat solutions. The most realistic looking option at the moment is a integrated IRC room though.
    I won't say I was a huge fan of the old room anyway. It had a tendency to be possessed and spend nights kicking folk out more than allowing them to chat. Appreciate your efforts, Andy. Hope you find something that fits the site's needs soon, but I'm glad you aren't settling for just anything.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    I won't say I was a huge fan of the old room anyway. It had a tendency to be possessed and spend nights kicking folk out more than allowing them to chat.
    *SHHHH!!!* Not so loud! Andy's avatar will HEAR you!

D'OH! Too late!

Seriously, I remember those days...fondly...? It would be nice to have back, Some nights the shoutbox is turing into a chatroom anymore. So my thanks to Andy too.

United States
    I just found this link to the old chatroom tonight: CHATROOM. It was working ok. After reading this thread I'm assuming the issue is intergrating it w/ the current forum software?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I just found this link to the old chatroom tonight: CHATROOM. It was working ok. After reading this thread I'm assuming the issue is intergrating it w/ the current forum software?
    I just logged into that room and it seemed to be working normally.

United States
    worked for me earlier, too. we need to address this, as there's been a few handfuls of times the lack of a chatroom has been mentioned in the shoutbox...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    It doesn't really take you to the HPotD chatroom. It takes you to a sort of limbo-chat with the title/subject line "NONE".

Administrator

England
    I was trying to get it working a while ago but gave up on it, its partially integrated, like it can pull member details if you log in but it cant remember you and it dosnt recognise or save any settings (including the HPotD room and layout).

United States
    Any word on this these days? I misses it too.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack