Thread: Y the last man tv series coming in the future?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Y the last man tv series coming in the future?

http://io9.com/5686826/louis-leterri...-man-tv-series

Sounds like, now the god aweful movie adaptation of this 60 issue comic book series starring shia lebouf is dead theres some pushes being made, no doubt after the walking deads success, to get it made into a tv series.

Fuck, Yes. this is the example ive always cited as perfect for a tv adaption. it ran for 4 years and 60 issues. The story of a world were all at once every mammal with a y chromosome drops dead all at once with no apparent cause except for wannabe magician yorick brown and the helper monkey in training he is poorly training named ampersand.
    The books essentially a long road trip across a completely altered america were yorick, agent 355 and a world renowned geneticist have to travel without meeting a bad end from cults, the all female man hating road warriors called the amazons who believe mother nature wiped man out because he was an abomination and a midle eastern military leader named alter who has some strange vendetta with him. its a road trip meets a political and sci-fi mystery that could easily compete with the likes of lost in my opinion.

If this is happening i can't wait, because much as i love the walking dead comic, y the last man was vastly superior in terms of writing and just general plot progression without the stagnation the 20-40 issues i the twd run had.

United States
    Yes, I've read this series, and it was simply amazing! The only little problems I had was that all sometimes some the characters meeting others from past issues seemed a little to convinent at times, and the series started to decline a little when they they got to that Japan arc, and the last few issues seemed to be rushed, but overall an outstanding series!

Super Moderator

United States
    I really liked the first tpb, so I have to eventually get back to the series. That said, I'd be up for my nontraditional comic book premises making it to tv.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany