Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar's L.A. Noire - debut trailer

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The last CoJ (the western) was probably one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had!
    I had considered playing it at one point, but then RDR was coming along, and I got distracted by Assassin's Creed II instead.

United States
    Gameplay Series - Rising Through the Ranks:

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'm boycotting Rockstar in lieu of good reviews by our members here. If this game turns out to be another over-the-top story driven "movie" then I don't want to know!! RDR bored me to such extents that I returned it after realising Mexico was just as plain as the main area, I can definitely see why people enjoyed it for its atmosphere, some of the night stuff was really atmospheric and moody. The acting was first rate, and the graphics were nothing short of superb. But that's all the good I have to say about that game. My thoughts on GTA4, pretty much the same, tbh. So rockstar have not done it for me for a long time...!

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But, but, they're so interesting!
    It's good to see focus on singleplayer though, I hate all this fascination and jizzing over multiplayer - like preview videos of shooters always focus on the goddamned MP rather than the SP, and it pisses me off ... but that's a rant I've done before.
    In the past I didnt agree with you - but after this last year and a bit of gaming, I am totally with this now. SP is much more valuable to me, and MP is a nice add on at best, but for me its very far from my reason for buying a game now days.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 21-Apr-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: rgawrf
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    apparently the ps3 is coming with bonus console exclusive content. first off thats me sold on what version, extra game or 'cheevos' is no contest for a single player game - but secondly, aint it odd how the ps3 seems to be getting all the exclusives this year like the xbox did the last few? like free steam copys of portal 2 and such. its wierd.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    apparently the ps3 is coming with bonus console exclusive content. first off thats me sold on what version.
    If it's anything like the exclusive hideout/mission that came with the PS3 version of RDR, it won't be anything to write home about.

People seem to be pissed that just about every retailer is offering a bonus case/gun for pre-ordering with them. All this stuff should come with the game, imo:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422713
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 21-Apr-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: derp!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Yeah, console exclusive stuff, no problem, variety and all that. its there if you ever want the other version in the future. but store specific limit release things? yeah that blows.

United States
    every single video i see of this game makes me want to play it more....damn, is it may 17th yet?

United States
    preordered

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    If it's anything like the exclusive hideout/mission that came with the PS3 version of RDR, it won't be anything to write home about.

People seem to be pissed that just about every retailer is offering a bonus case/gun for pre-ordering with them. All this stuff should come with the game, imo:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422713
    Yeah I've seen how many different versions of L.A. Noire are getting pimped at different retailers, and it pisses me off - especially as you have to download that shit - and for someone who doesn't have a HDD or XBL, it pisses me off a hell of a lot. All that shit should be on the goddamned disc!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    every single video i see of this game makes me want to play it more....damn, is it may 17th yet?
    Damn straight. Although here in the UK it's May 20th, I believe ... ooooooh, I canny feckin' wait!

On a side note, if Symph hated GTA4 and RDR, then I doubt he'll dig L.A. Noire - even though it's not a Rockstar game, merely put out there by Rockstar. It's a Team Bondi game.

On another side note, I'm replaying the story missions on RDR at the moment - in lead-up to L.A. Noire - and I'm loving it all over again. There are a few story missions that, with another viewing, could easily have been combined - particularly during early missions where you're not doing an awful lot except learning a few skills and getting into the world and some of the characters ... but I totally dig RDR, and I think it's the best thing Rockstar have done.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Apr-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Ireland
    Just got on the bandwagon for this one.

I love noir and this looks right up my street. Hope it's handled right, with lots of sassy dialogue and atmos. Looks good so far.

However, one thing that's always ticked me off with "Rockstar" (or Bioware) games is their insistance on Third Person perspective. I don't know why we can't have an option for First Person too. It's a small thing, but adds so much to immersion. Also, their games are usually quite linear, despite the "sandbox" moniker.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Also, their games are usually quite linear, despite the "sandbox" moniker.
    You ever play Red Dead Redemption? There seemed to be a million different ways to play that game...

As for LA Noire.....looking good. Still more excited for Arkham City, but LA looks like a purchase as well.

Ireland
    Yeh, loved RDR. But, it was still GTA with horses.

I can't help thinking that it could have been so much better if it was done 'Oblivion' style. Know what I mean?

No idea what Arkham thingy is.

"To the internet Batman!"
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 22-Apr-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    No idea what Arkham thingy is.

"To the internet Batman!"
    Did you intentionally add that batman quote because of "Arkham" or was it a coincidence? If it was...you're psychic...

Ireland
    Ah...little bit from column a, little bit from column b.

It could have been a H.P. Lovecraft reference.

Now, there's a relatively untapped source of games right there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah I've seen how many different versions of L.A. Noire are getting pimped at different retailers, and it pisses me off - especially as you have to download that shit - and for someone who doesn't have a HDD or XBL, it pisses me off a hell of a lot. All that shit should be on the goddamned disc!
    does the xbox STILL not let you download updates and dlc on your pc and install it off a usb memory stick? thats wank.