View Poll Results: Favorite "Nightmare"?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street

11 55.00%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

1 5.00%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

6 30.00%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master

0 0%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child

0 0%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 6: Freddy's Dead

0 0%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 7: New Nightmare

1 5.00%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street 8/ Freddy Vs Jason

1 5.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite "Nightmare"?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I love them all (with the acception of part 2)!!! However, I really don't understand how someone could vote for Freddy VS Jason!!? That one really reminds me of Scooby Doo for some reason...
    ruh-roh, raggy..

Now that I think about it, it does.. all it's missing is a dick in a neckerchief.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Blind is a weirdo like that. I mean c'mon....he has imaginary friends that talk through his posts.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh sure, pick on the fat kid... real mature, guys. I knew no one else would vote for it, so... yeah... lighten up.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aw, I was just kidding, Blind. We love ya. You're like HPotD's personal senile grandfather that sits in the corner talking to himself.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ah yes, I'm looking forward to retirement... actually, I got some good practice with that in high school. Cafeterias... nerve-wracking, I tell ya.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Oh sure, pick on the fat kid... real mature, guys.
    Oh great! You brought the comb! What did you bring a comb for?! You don't even have any hair!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Oh great! You brought the comb! What did you bring a comb for?! You don't even have any hair!

YOU! STFU!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'm the same as most people - Love the first movie - Freddy was menacing and creepy - one of the best lines he ever said was "I'm gonna split you in two" whilst chasing Nancy - the whole film FEELS like a dream, its dark and brooding....it has flaws but ultimately its just an enjoyable movie with a compelling bad guy.

Number 2 is really dark, another dream like exerience - and as a result my second and generally only other favourite of the series.

From number 3 onwards it goes slowly downhill - the return of Nancy for 3 is welcome and by and large the film works pretty well, but Freddy starts his journey onto corny, silly lines and death scenes and is only a step from sticking faces on pizzas...From then on it plummets so quickly downhill it becomes a blur, where one movie melts into the other and are only punctuated by the last scenes indicating Freddy's return for the next movie.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    As, a big fan of the series I enjoy most of them. I'll never forgive Freddy's Dead or FvJ though. NEVER!

My favorite would have to be New Nightmare. Like mentioned before on this thread. A original concept, imo with pretty well done execution besides, some hiccups.

I quiet enjoy some of the sequels for what they are. Cheesy rides, with great imaginative kills, and decent characters.And atleast they always attempted to have a new storyline each film then simply just Krueger killing of kids just cause. Unlike, say Friday the 13th which followed the same formula for the most part.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-Apr-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    as, a big fan of the series i enjoy most of them. I'll never forgive freddy's dead or fvj though. Never!
    love!

Quote Originally Posted by loucipherr View Post
    dear lord no! It's fucking horrible, bassman. Especially if you're not a fan of the original - but regardless, that's an "avoid like the plague" movie.
    love again.....
    Last edited by TheHorrorQueen; 05-Apr-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: missed quote

United States
    Nothing beats the original!

FYI - the remake was embarrassing.