Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 "The Whore"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's the double standard that bothers me. Me and deej have been over this before on how the man is supposed to "give up the floating door" to the woman if the titanic ever goes down.

It's disgusting how this guy is literally risking life and limb in the face of unspeakable horrors just on the off chance that his wife and kid might be alive yet at the same time she's not looking for him with nearly the same sense of desperation, if she ever did at all.

And I don't care what shane told her. The father and son from the first episode tried to talk some sense into rick, how there was very little chance his family was alive. Rick didn't want to hear it. The man's loves his family and wanted to find out for himself.

Now look at lori. All it took was some guy to hit her with some bullshit and she's like "Really? Let's fuck."

Bad show lady.

Holy shit t bag!

talk about returning from the dead man!

How you been? Hope all is well.

here here Mr. Darth! you get it keep in mind the time that rick was out & the time the outbreak took place, i think there was some funny business goin on before the zombies took over.

Like you said he was risking life and limb and meanwhile if you recall the opening for episode 2 shane says how much time do we have and that slut in a care free way says "enough!"

He starts off trying to be suave, then quickly flips her over and rips her a new one! lol
    Last edited by DEAD BEAT; 15-Nov-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: !
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Norway
    The kid comes first, Lori should not risk her life looking for Rick. She must protect Carl first. Rick would not leave Carl alone to look for Lori.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    The kid comes first, Lori should not risk her life looking for Rick. She must protect Carl first. Rick would not leave Carl alone to look for Lori.
    Mmm. Good point. Plus, she had no reason to go LOOKING for Rick, she had every reason to believe he was DEAD, because she'd been told so, by his partner AND BEST FRIEND. Why would she doubt him?

Like I've said, I think it makes it harder for the audience to believe her or uncertain as to what was going on because of the way the two of them were portrayed together (ie like giggly teanagers). Plus they played up the "relationship issues" in the pilot. All of this I believe was done for dramatic purposes. This way, you don't know who to trust, what their motivation was etc. Heck, even after Rick came back I got the vibe off of Lori that she didn't know which way to go, if she really wanted Rick (or if he really wanted her), UNTIL he took the ring back. The sudden shift in attitude was like someone making a decision, or coming to a realization.

Twitching

United States
    THAT is what bothers me,
    Do-NOT-GIVE-A-FUCK about this "He's dead, she needed to move on, it's the apocalypse after all." excuse. Even if Rick WAS dead, yes she needed Shane to protect her and Carl. Which, as this famed best friend of her husband he was supposed to be, he shoulda done anyways. INSTEAD, Shane gives up on Rick (or didn't even try), and moved in for Ready-Made-Family Time.

This does NOT let Lori off the hook. At ALL! Fact is, its been a MONTH. A MONTH. Stop and process that. Lori is a reasonably young woman. I SERIOUSLY doubt she's been seriously emotionally committed to any man beyond her marriage to Rick in her life. This is the FATHER OF HER CHILD. Then he's just suddenly....gone.

Lori's reaction upon receiving the news?

"Ok Shane, meet ya in the woods." Yes, I know they're portraying there being more to it than that, but the giggling horny teenager scene absolutely NEGATES the possibility she was still "Grieving but hiding it". Shane didn't like seeing the locket with the picture of Rick/Lori/Carl OR her "dead husband's" wedding ring on the chain around her neck (Which btw, my grandmother is still wearing my grandfather's 11 years after SEEING HIM die of cancer and having time to say her goodbyes.) How does Lori react? Does she try to explain it, or just look back at him squarely until he averts his eyes from the necklace? No, she takes it off and puts it on the DIRT next to her while she gets fucked doggy-style.

No, nothing past that. It would take God Almighty to convince me there was any significant mourning going on there. Lori was thinking of how seeing the locket and Rick's ring affected SHANE. NOT how she felt ABOUT Shane even IMPLYING it was a surprise to see it, much less the problem his eyes and expression indicated he saw it as. Right then, right there, with Lori underneath him, it STILL WASN'T ENOUGH FOR SHANE. He INSISTED with his gaze that she be uncomfortable if not ashamed of the representation of her life with and marriage to Rick.

In possession of the woman, Shane STILL resented Rick's MEMORY.

Fuck, with a "best friend" like that, who needs a mortal enemy?

I know people say shit on the Internet, but I hope if all of you ever believe anything I say you'll believe this. Forget my other angry rambling. If I was in Rick's place, and found out the circumstances and details of what transpired and how it transpired between Lori and Shane, I'd simply walk over and shoot him without a word.

Done. Over. Now, I know I talked a big game about Lori, but given my history...after I buried Shane I probably would end up forgiving and taking Lori back...eventually. Like a month or two later. And I'd make her really, REALLY hear EVERYTHING I was going through to fight my way back to her and Carl while she was betraying my memory. Then, and only then, could I be at peace with it enough to move on. In my heart I know I'd end up forgiving her BEFORE that, but I'd still make her hear it.

Why? Because it's IMPORTANT she know that when the hardest push imaginable came to the worst shove, I refused to give up on her. It wouldn't be a "Look, I love you more/better than you love me" spiteful or self-righteous kind of thing. It would be a quiet, hurt thing, that I'd need my wife to understand, and maybe hopefully realize how precious what she has really is. And that maybe having some faith even when logic dictates otherwise might not be such a bad thing when you're talking about the love of your life.

/Sermonizing over.

Edit: BTW, please no "You really don't know how hard killing is" kind of statement. I've had an attempted gang-rapist try to beat me to death and finish fucking up my back for life, AFTER I'd literally taken out the right eye of one man, busted the ear drums and knee of another, and busted up in a more general sense the third before the ringleader got me. (No, I'm not some action-hero badass. They were obviously high, focused on the girl they were trying to rape who was fighting them, and I had surprise and a couple years of martial arts training from my former best friend who couched my "education" in "this is the stuff that works on the street.")

I've ALSO had a snub-nose revolver pressed to my forehead and had the trigger slowly pulled, before coming down on an empty chamber as I pissed myself, literally. I know the ugly shit, least my share of it. Enough that if I say I EMPHATICALLY declare I'd kill a man, I would.

It'd be wrong. I'd be a murderer, and it would no doubt fuck with me having done it, but no, it wouldn't stop me. Enough of my fucked up biological father in me for that. Love is the most Serious Business, so conversely is real Hate.
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 16-Nov-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: More to say

United States
    I guess the point I was trying to make was I think they handled it a little more deftly in the comics, more believably, with more sorrow & regret. But, y'know, whatever...

Canada
    Maybe it a angle that affects the story differently than the comic.

I do agree the comic had far more genuine regret from lori.

However

Rick was lucky to live, the hospital sequence showed that a attempt to contain it failed and all are lost and presumed dead.Being the small town it is, wouldnt of taken long to figure out the hospital was lost.

Now make a choice, do you go check your buddy with a hospital overrun with zombies? Or do you assume he dead and try to take care of his family?

With some of the story arcs of the comic,it apparent some people would rather cuddle up with someone than to be alone.

I know myself if i watched the world unfold the walking dead style, i know i find some comfort in snuggling next to a free willy sized woman!

As rick even said in the tv series"things have changed" one is also the social interaction of people.

Say for example rick didnt make it? Shane would of been a saint for most guys with a family.
    Last edited by general tbag; 16-Nov-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: more

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag View Post
    Now make a choice, do you go check your buddy with a hospital overrun with zombies? Or do you assume he dead and try to take care of his family?
    Realistically, I save my own ass and only consider a friend’s wife and son only if I have an ulterior motive.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dear lord. Some of you are taking this way too seriously.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Nov-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Spoilers ahoy!

In the comics she's not as "easy", shall we say. She has sex with Shane ONCE on the way to Atlanta and she considers it a bit of a mistake because she was emotionally distraught.

As for the TV series....she seemed a bit easy between the first two episodes, but now that we know Shane lied to her, it's a bit different. Shane told her that Rick was dead. I'm not saying I 100% agree with it, but Lori then attached herself to Shane as the "man" of the family so that he could take care of her and Carl.

She doesn't seem so bad now that the truth has come out. It wasn't really her fault. She was trying to move on. It's Shane that is the T-total douchebag.
    This.

In the comics she definitely regretted her actions, it was one night Shane was protecting her and her son. She was horribly conflicted over having slept with him and it was one time. She viewed it as a thank you and she had little more to offer which is sad not offensive in my mind.

In the show, you see her sleep with a guy who is the same figure to her and then her husband comes back into the picture. Did you want her to tell Rick she had a headache? Come on now.

While I personally do not feel that finding comfort in the arms of your husbands partner is a great choice, I do not hate her for it or even view her in a bad light. Her husband is "dead" as far as she knows, the world is collapsing. One man is protecting you and your son, and you are a woman with in your mind little self worth. What do you do? If the world is ending a LOT of us are going to get it on with whoever or WHATEVER is around us and you damn well know it.

The villain here is Shane. Period.

Undisclosed
    boy did i ever open a can of worms with this thread! lol

All these points are fine but come on...if she was on the up & up she wouldn't be giggling with shane and getting quickies in the woods, which by the way don't think id be gettin' naked in the middle of the woods knowing a geek can run up on me and take off my head before i blow a load! lmao

Second we all saw her reaction when rick showed up almost like...awww your alive your spoiling my good times!

Even hesitated giving the poor bastard his ring back like......you don't really want this back do you? lol

In short Lori's a whore...im thinking we can expect more from this human pretzel judging by how shane still looks at her is not gonna give up his boody!

He'd probably pop a cap in rick before that happens!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    The world has effectively ended.

The Living Dead are everywhere.

Every day is a struggle for supplies, food, defense.

Folks probably smell a bit whiffy, too.

Is it really Sexy Time?

Methinks the Shane/Lori pairing-off is a reaction to all that.

Trying to feel something, ANYTHING, besides fear and despair...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So I guess you guys also think Dale is a whore?

Just saying.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Ah, the classic women's excuse for low downess. All put the kids in the middle.

The difference is a man would have found a way to both keep his child safe and look for his mother.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Ah, the classic women's excuse for low downess. All put the kids in the middle.

The difference is a man would have found a way to both keep his child safe and look for his mother.

I'd buy that for a dollar! lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    jesus christ, i can't wait till the show resolves this issue and moves along in the plot so we can discuss something else...

some of these comments/reactions are ab-fucking-surd.