Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 "The Whore"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    some of these comments/reactions are ab-fucking-surd.
    And how is this any different from any other day here at HPotD?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    And how is this any different from any other day here at HPotD?
    Anything less would be uncivilized.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    THAT is what bothers me,
    Do-NOT-GIVE-A-FUCK about this "He's dead, she needed to move on, it's the apocalypse after all." excuse. Even if Rick WAS dead, yes she needed Shane to protect her and Carl. Which, as this famed best friend of her husband he was supposed to be, he shoulda done anyways. INSTEAD, Shane gives up on Rick (or didn't even try), and moved in for Ready-Made-Family Time.
    The body language and way she treats Shane while Rick is presumed dead is way more slutty in the TV series than in the comic. She REALLY enjoys Shanes attentions in the TV series. But sluts need love too and in the TV series there is hints of a failing marriage before the outbreak. And lets not forget that as soon she see Rick is alive she chooses Rick. Shane was her replacement, she went about it in a less than refined way but she was still faithful after a fashion... LoL
    My main point is that she really wants to be with Rick. So then Rick and we as audience just have to deal with the way she is. My theory has been all along that Shane manipulated the situation somehow so that Rick got left behind. I defintly agree that Shane is the one who have betrayed Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Ah, the classic women's excuse for low downess. All put the kids in the middle.

The difference is a man would have found a way to both keep his child safe and look for his mother.

Men and women are different and have different roles. In such a horrible situation the women would be the children second line of defense and the men the first. Society has regressed and become much more primitive. I think the TV series does a good thing of showing that. AND showing that its a bad thing. If you think that women need an excuse to stay at home with the kids and wash clothes and stuff then I suggest you watch Buffy the vampire slayer instead of the walking dead.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

I like this discussion and don't see anything wrong with talking about these issues.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    I like this discussion and don't see anything wrong with talking about these issues.
    well, as long as we're keeping it within a somewhat tame and polite context. labelling lori as a whore and going into detail about murdering her and shane are crossing the line a bit, if you ask me.

United States
    jesus christ, i can't wait till the show resolves this issue and moves along in the plot so we can discuss something else...

some of these comments/reactions are ab-fucking-surd.
    And disturbing.

United States
    well, as long as we're keeping it within a somewhat tame and polite context. labelling lori as a whore and going into detail about murdering her and shane are crossing the line a bit, if you ask me.
    So it's not just me...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post

Men and women are different and have different roles. In such a horrible situation the women would be the children second line of defense and the men the first. Society has regressed and become much more primitive. I think the TV series does a good thing of showing that. AND showing that its a bad thing. If you think that women need an excuse to stay at home with the kids and wash clothes and stuff then I suggest you watch Buffy the vampire slayer instead of the walking dead.[COLOR="Silver"]

Male chauvinist pig.

Oh, and if i need suggestions on what to read or watch I'll watch oprah, thank you much.

Last edited by darth los; 16-Nov-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: .
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    So it's not just me...
    no, even as profane, cynical, and bitter as this fomer Marine with a tour during the worst months of the iraq war can be, the comments coming from some and the hostility displayed in this thread really seems uncalled for....like bass said, they're characters in a comic book, not every single woman/man who's ever wronged you rolled into one super-terrible person.

Super Moderator

United States
    Wish I could find that thread about why we don't have more female posters, as I've finally found the perfect answer for the question.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Uh oh. I think I can see where this one is going.

In before the lock!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Uh oh. I think I can see where this one is going.

In before the lock!
    I'm hopeful we can have a calm conversation about all this.

Classic.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wish I could find that thread about why we don't have more female posters, as I've finally found the perfect answer for the question.
    Yeah, women hate it when they're called on certain things.

So i see your point.

No, i get the last post bass.

Muahahahahahahaha!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yeah, women hate it when they're called on certain things.
    They also hate it when they get called certain things, too...

Derogatory language is easy, brother.

Just sayin'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I'm hopeful we can have a calm conversation about all this.

Classic.
    Well, aces, as we have said many other times everyone has a right to their OPINION and that said opinion is just that and is neither right or wrong.

So when I state mine and get responses telling me were to go and what i should be watching instead yeah I'm going to take exception to it.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    They also hate it when they get called certain things, too...

Derogatory language is easy, brother.

Just sayin'.
    That i agree with.

Go back and check I haven't called anyone anything.

That's why we have separate posts.

Whatever terms others choose to use is on them.

Some might find it more offensive that people thenk men and women should and do have different roles.

I'm just sayin'.

Now that's:

United States
    I didn't mean to single you out on that one, 'Los.

Here's a picture of some kittys.

01-12-08_1309.jpg