Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th episode - "Wildfire"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    And is it me or did the RV get magically fixed as, soon as they left Jim?
    Shane said he was running ahead (with T-dog) to the gas station and told Rick to hold down the fort. We are to assume that some short period of time passes before we see the scene with Rick and Jim, in the RV, talking. Then another short period of time before the scene with Rick, Shane, Andrea, and Lori discussing what they should do with Jim - we are, then again, to assume that during this conversation, Dale and T-dog are off-screen working on the RV.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Ep. 5 was sooo cool!
    Did anyone notice that the American flag in the back of the RV was upside down?
    I found that to be interesting, maybe a signal of distress? I mean everyone is under distress in TWD...why put the flag upside down?
    Good observation! I also noticed this and appreciated it. I thought the reason they have the flag inverted is to represent their love for a country that once was - hanging it upside down in retrospect of there being no government, no real society, and therefore essentially no more United States.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    i must say...still an interesting series but this last episode left me a little limp! "Action was to a bare minimum in this one!"

I'm guessing it must be that the finale is gonna kick some serious ass!
    Yeah, I'm sure they'll have some sort of zombie ass-kicking in the final episode. However, if you're watching this show for action, you've got another thing coming. I guess you've never read the comics; they're far more drama/character-driven than action/zombie-driven.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post

And please get to the prison in season 2.
    There should be spoiler tags around stuff like that. Anyway, they better not rush to that point in the second season! There is way too much good story before that happens:

The gated community and the farm family were awesome arcs.

United States
    Now that I think about it, the introduction of the doctor in the last 10 minutes of the episode seemed very Desmond from me.

Remember the whole arc with "The Hatch" near the end of the first season of "LOST" (also known as one of the greatest shows ever created, until "Sons of Anarchy" and "The Walking Dead" that is...)? The last 10 minutes of this episode reminded me quite a bit of the first 10 minutes of the first episode of the second season where we see Desmond walking around in the Dharma station the hatch was connected to -- ultimately leading back to the main characters (Jack/Locke/etc. looking down the hatch when Desmond hears the alarm). When the doctor was introduced and it broke completely away from our main characters this reminded me quite a bit of this. Like "LOST", I thought it was very well done and creative as a "A-ha! Gotcha!" moment.

I'm wondering if they got this cut-away idea from J.J. Abrams and co. on this actually, as it seemed quite a bit like something "LOST" would do.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    There should be spoiler tags around stuff like that. Anyway, they better not rush to that point in the second season! There is way too much good story before that happens:

The gated community and the farm family were awesome arcs.
    Fixed.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Ep. 5 was sooo cool!
    Did anyone notice that the American flag in the back of the RV was upside down?
    I found that to be interesting, maybe a signal of distress? I mean everyone is under distress in TWD...why put the flag upside down?

Yes I did notice that, and it made me wonder if it was there initially as a distress signal long since forgotten.

As for the episode, I loved it really. Please tell me I was no the only one who jump 2-3 times while waiting for to reanimate. You had people near here the whole time, Dale crouching/kneeling kneeling near her head and so on. There were several cuts that made me jump as I sat in anticipation of a violent reanimation.

As for the ending... I REALLY did not like it at all. That is just me though, and it is not even that it was so far out of the "comic book" realm, but it will impact potentially a later story line for the comic in a way (those of you who read it know what I mean) and it was just so... out of place.

It really felt as if I was watching a different show.

Now as for the setting around the CDC, yeah I loved that.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Yes I did notice that, and it made me wonder if it was there initially as a distress signal long since forgotten.

As for the episode, I loved it really. Please tell me I was no the only one who jump 2-3 times while waiting for to reanimate. You had people near here the whole time, Dale crouching/kneeling kneeling near her head and so on. There were several cuts that made me jump as I sat in anticipation of a violent reanimation.

As for the ending... I REALLY did not like it at all. That is just me though, and it is not even that it was so far out of the "comic book" realm, but it will impact potentially a later story line for the comic in a way (those of you who read it know what I mean) and it was just so... out of place.

It really felt as if I was watching a different show.

Now as for the setting around the CDC, yeah I loved that.
    I think the girl took to long to re-animate.....but i thought they would have her bite her sister so the pack could gun them both down!

As i said earlier im glad they finally left the camp cause now we know from now on its do or die for the group! "let's rock"
    Last edited by DEAD BEAT; 29-Nov-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: !
    I SMELL SOME POO...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    As i said earlier im glad they finally left the camp cause now we know from now on its do or die for the group! "let's rock"
    After this CDC thing blows over, if it's anything like the comic we'll see them basically bouncing from camp to camp. Set up in one place only to be run out, then try another, then another, etc. So it's not going to really be the continuing road movie I think you're hoping for. Not for a while, anyway. That is....IF it follows the comics more closely after this season.

Speaking of it being different....it's funny that just last week Hellsing was saying he wouldn't watch the show because there was no real reason to see it all over again, only in live action. Heh heh.....he was wrong.
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Nov-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Holy shit! What a ride! When I think the show can't improve or become any better... it surprises me even more!

[SPOILER]
    Jim reminded me of Miguel from "Day" in this episode. Mostly because he seems to bare an uncanny resemblance with that beard.

j.p.

man u read my mind. i was gonna say that he was pretty much a carbon copy.......or a rip off.....then i thought of whos doing the special effects since he was in day.

England
    Anyone catch Shane saying "We just leave him here? We take off. Man, I'm not sure I could live with that" when there discussing leaving Jim. Oh the irony.
    Great episode all round. 2nd favorite now after the pilot. I didn't find the CDC jarring at all and I'm looking forward to some science in the next episode.
    Even Daryl looked disturbed as Carol got stuck into Ed's corpse. 5 times she pickaxed him. 5
    Rick was well and truly losing it outside the CDC. Good insight into where he's going.
    And what the hell was it with all the CGI flies?

Great stuff
    Last edited by kidgloves; 29-Nov-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: ??????
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Anyone catch Shane saying "We just leave him here? We take off. Man, I'm not sure I could live with that" when there discussing leaving Jim. Oh the irony.
    Great episode all round. 2nd favorite now after the pilot. I didn't find the CDC jarring at all and I'm looking forward to some science in the next episode.
    Even Daryl looked disturbed as Carol got stuck into Ed's corpse. 5 times she pickaxed him. 5
    Rick was well and truly losing it outside the CDC. Good insight into where he's going.

Great stuff

i definitely caught that........it was like he was trying to be the straight man and holier than thou

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Speaking of it being different....it's funny that just last week Hellsing was saying he wouldn't watch the show because there was no real reason to see it all over again, only in live action. Heh heh.....he was wrong.
    "that's the same as saying you only like to watch sex!" lmao
    I SMELL SOME POO...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    man u read my mind. i was gonna say that he was pretty much a carbon copy.......or a rip off.....then i thought of whos doing the special effects since he was in day.
    So anyone with dark hair and a beard is a rip off of Miguel?

England
    Jim was nothing like Miguel...for a start, I really felt sorry for the guy, Miguel was a whiney ass bitch.

Um, anyway, loved this episode, Bear McCreary is scoring it to perfection. The whole thing is pure epic fucking win, for every nit pick there is whole bag of quality to offset it IMO.

Last episode of the season coming up in a week, I'll be totally gutted! Will have to start on the hardback comic volumes.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    "don't forget the cock in his mouth as well!" lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Historically speaking, Hollywood has always had a difficult time finding trained flies to act their part on cue.

Chasing Prey

Canada

yea.....cuz thats exactly what i said. run along,kiddo. the guy had the hysterics down pretty well.