Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5th episode - "Wildfire"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    yea.....cuz thats exactly what i said. run along,kiddo. the guy had the hysterics down pretty well.
    Hysterics? How was he hysterical? The only time he was slightly out of whack was after his dream, or premonition, or whatever you want to call it. And I was seriously asking for your reasons as to why you think they're identical.

Thanks for the "kiddo" remarks.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hysterics? How was he hysterical? The only time he was slightly out of whack was after his dream, or premonition, or whatever you want to call it. And I was seriously asking for your reasons as to why you think they're identical.

Thanks for the "kiddo" remarks.

why do i have to answer if i wasnt the one who said it first? cmon bro, its called an opinion.

and no problem, home slice
    Last edited by acealive1; 30-Nov-2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: vdfgf

United States
    I actually think that Jim looks quite a bit like Miguel as well. But aside from them both being laid up after getting bitten. . . no real personality similarities.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    shit they were both tools....next topic please! lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Undisclosed
    Juvenile antics aside, that Jim character was awesome and i freaking loved his whole character arc. This is what used to be the province of GAR: ordinary people making bad decisions because of the situation. That scene rocked.

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    I think he means that they come to their senses and don't wait almost a year before starting the next season, thus losing a lot of momentum that the series has developed with the people watching...
    I don't think we'll see season 2 until Mad Men finishes it's next season. So about the same time TWD premired.

...I'm thinking that maybe he was being kept isolated for a reason while he did his research. Whoever he was talking to on that camera has actually been watching and now that the facility has been "contaminated", they'll send in the cavalry that we see in the preview for episode 6...EDIT: BTW.....was I the only one completely shocked by the way Carol went off on Ed's head?!? Sweet Jesus that was graphic for TV. Hell...it would've been graphic for an R-rated feature!
    Good point. It's also possible that Darabont will pick now to start showing flashbacks and the stuff with soldiers occured earlier. I loved how uncomfortable Daryl started to look when Caron kept repeateded bashing Ed's skull in way more times than she needed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    i've read the comic since issue one, and i freaking *loved* this out-of-nowhere CDC stuff. i've been waiting for more of this kind of thing since Rhodes shot Dr. Logan! Check out the ep6 preview on amc.com - i love it!
    I wonder if we'll get to see a government/military facility set up properly to do behavioral research on "live" specimans.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the intricate details of what all went on in the CDC. It would make for a great story. Plus, the CDC has communication capabilities with the USNORTHCOM, the White House, and the other branches of the government. It would be really fascinating to find out what all is known of the rest of the U.S.

j.p.
    Yep, if anyone else is out there the CDC would be able to contact them via satelite. No need for "land relays". It'd also be an interesting direction to take. Sure the government still exists; it's just lost control of most of the country and can't/won't do anything for the survivors. They could even let them know that the good news is that there are in fact safe zones; that bad news is that it's Hawaii and Alaska good luck getting there.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Undisclosed
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by hadrian0117 View Post
    It's also possible that Darabont will pick now to start showing flashbacks and the stuff with soldiers occured earlier.
    Close! My money is on video surveillance being shown to Rick and the group by the CDC guy. I also think the CDC-guy was not “talking” to anyone but rather keeping a video journal for (hopeful) future research purposes.
    I still maintain that the CDC arc is completely insignificant to the rest of the series and will likely not be drawn on again. I believe the arc is solely for seasonal/series closure purposes… nothing more.
    Last edited by Ghoulman; 30-Nov-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: duplicate

Ireland
    Not too sure what to think of this episode.

It took off well, after the attack in 4. But trailed off quite a bit IMO. The CDC thing is another unwelcome addition in a long line of unwelcome additions and I REALLY hope their not going to offer some sort of lame "reason" for the outbreak. That'l knock stars off of it.

I've been in two minds about the whole execution of the show so far and I can imagine a lot of non-zombie fans being turned off it, to be honest.

The writers either need to pay more attention to the comic's story arcs or start writing much better plot lines, because they haven't been top notch so far.

The pilot remains the best episode, by a country mile.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that there's not enough actual zombies in the series? I mean, there are HUGE stretches of territory that have NONE at all! I'm getting the impression that one could find a wee cabin or farmhouse somewhere and not be that bothered.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    why do i have to answer if i wasnt the one who said it first? cmon bro, its called an opinion.
    *sigh*

You quoted JD saying that their hair and beard were similar. Then I asked you to explain your stance that the character is a rip off. Because I was genuinely curious as to how you thought(in your opinion...) they were very similar. Looking like someone and a character being a rip off are two totally different things.

But at this point....nevermind....

Undisclosed
    *sigh*

You quoted JD saying that their hair and beard were similar. Then I asked you to explain your stance that the character is a rip off. Because I was genuinely curious as to how you thought(in your opinion...) they were very similar. Looking like someone and a character being a rip off are two totally different things.

But at this point....nevermind....
    It's one of those things Bass, people listen to Lady Gaga and think their Rockstars!

"Some know.....and some blow!" lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I actually think that Jim looks quite a bit like Miguel as well. But aside from them both being laid up after getting bitten. . . no real personality similarities.
    I looked at him a couple of times and thought the same thing, he looked a lot like him to me. Thin scruffy, and tan. I think it is only natural for those of us who have seen day and the rest of these movies so many times to see something of them in places. Do I think they parallel each other in any way? No. Do I think it was intentional? No.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Now that I think about it, the introduction of the doctor in the last 10 minutes of the episode seemed very Desmond from me.

Remember the whole arc with "The Hatch" near the end of the first season of "LOST" (also known as one of the greatest shows ever created, until "Sons of Anarchy" and "The Walking Dead" that is...)? The last 10 minutes of this episode reminded me quite a bit of the first 10 minutes of the first episode of the second season where we see Desmond walking around in the Dharma station the hatch was connected to -- ultimately leading back to the main characters (Jack/Locke/etc. looking down the hatch when Desmond hears the alarm). When the doctor was introduced and it broke completely away from our main characters this reminded me quite a bit of this. Like "LOST", I thought it was very well done and creative as a "A-ha! Gotcha!" moment.

I'm wondering if they got this cut-away idea from J.J. Abrams and co. on this actually, as it seemed quite a bit like something "LOST" would do.

j.p.
    I thought that as well, honestly. I thought of lost and I am hoping they do not try to recreate that vibe with the survivors stumbling upon mysteries here and there on their travels revealing a top secret government plot or some religious tie in.

I loved Lost, but this is not that and the story should not resemble it in anyway. this is about people trying to make it in a world that is drastically changed. It is about people interacting with others, good and bad, and those results. I do not need "hatch" moments, or mysterious secrets around every corner.

That sub has sailed.

Undisclosed
    [QUOTE=Thorn;254670]I looked at him a couple of times and thought the same thing, he looked a lot like him to me. Thin scruffy, and tan. I think it is only natural for those of us who have seen day and the rest of these movies so many times to see something of them in places. Do I think they parallel each other in any way? No. Do I think it was intentional? No.[COLOR="Silver"]

Alright with that fool! lol

Ok maybe lil resemblence but @ least Jim had more personality than that nut job Miguel!

Plus @ least Jim was gettin some before the epidemic...Miguel was probably so pissed off all the time thinking "dam, i couldn't get laid before the zombie take over...now im really screwed!" lmao
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    [QUOTE=DEAD BEAT;254673]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I looked at him a couple of times and thought the same thing, he looked a lot like him to me. Thin scruffy, and tan. I think it is only natural for those of us who have seen day and the rest of these movies so many times to see something of them in places. Do I think they parallel each other in any way? No. Do I think it was intentional? No.[COLOR="Silver"]

Alright with that fool! lol

Ok maybe lil resemblence but @ least Jim had more personality than that nut job Miguel!

Plus @ least Jim was gettin some before the epidemic...Miguel was probably so pissed off all the time thinking "dam, i couldn't get laid before the zombie take over...now im really screwed!" lmao
    Oh yeah, for sure they have zero in common. For one Jim is straight, and can actually act...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I haven't seen this episode yet, but I read a spoiler where somehow it's revealed it takes 12 hours after death for somebody to be zombified.

This puts a real dent in the feasibility of the plague overtaking the planet.

Suspension of disbelief is very important to me, can somebody find an angle I can live with or tell me I'm mistaken??

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I haven't seen this episode yet, but I read a spoiler where somehow it's revealed it takes 12 hours after death for somebody to be zombified.

This puts a real dent in the feasibility of the plague overtaking the planet.

Suspension of disbelief is very important to me, can somebody find an angle I can live with or tell me I'm mistaken??
    I can't remember a specific time frame being stated in the episode, but much like romero's films, I believe it varies depending on your bite/cause of death.

And dude....if you haven't seen the fifth episode, you probably shouldnt be looking at this thread.
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Nov-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: .