Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5th episode - "Wildfire"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I haven't seen this episode yet, but I read a spoiler where somehow it's revealed it takes 12 hours after death for somebody to be zombified.

This puts a real dent in the feasibility of the plague overtaking the planet.

Suspension of disbelief is very important to me, can somebody find an angle I can live with or tell me I'm mistaken??
    It did seem to take around 12 hours or so...

camp was attacked in the evening, no resurections until the morning after...it also took around two months to go fully global according to the scientist at the CDC, they are over 100 days into the outbreak...this was a slow death

I understand your problem here...almost instant resurections would really pile on the preasure and make a total infestation far more believable.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Yes, I should not be in this thread but I can't resist! Tonight will be the first time in several days I will have an hour to watch the thing, it's been sitting on my DVR since Sunday!

And I just saw this on a FB post...I only read the first two comic books, and don't recall varying rates of zombification but maybe I didn't read far enough in to it?

they've changed quite a few things from the comic, but the rate of zombification was different for everyone iirc. Some were instant, others took about a day or so. Besides, her change taking longer made for more drama, whic...h is usually why people watch Hollywood bullsh*t. :P

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    *sigh*

You quoted JD saying that their hair and beard were similar. Then I asked you to explain your stance that the character is a rip off. Because I was genuinely curious as to how you thought(in your opinion...) they were very similar. Looking like someone and a character being a rip off are two totally different things.

But at this point....nevermind....

yea u nicely left out the last part. "then i saw who was doing the sfx" nicotero was in day......so im guessing thats why there was a character in WD that was essentially a throwback to the movie. thats all.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    It took off well, after the attack in 4. But trailed off quite a bit IMO. The CDC thing is another unwelcome addition in a long line of unwelcome additions and I REALLY hope their not going to offer some sort of lame "reason" for the outbreak. That'l knock stars off of it.

I've been in two minds about the whole execution of the show so far and I can imagine a lot of non-zombie fans being turned off it, to be honest.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that there's not enough actual zombies in the series? I mean, there are HUGE stretches of territory that have NONE at all! I'm getting the impression that one could find a wee cabin or farmhouse somewhere and not be that bothered.
    Personally, one of the first places I would think of going if something like this were to take place would be the CDC in Atlanta. When the CDC was finally introduced in this episode my first thought was: "It's about damn time". Seriously, these people are only a matter of a few miles away from the CDC and no one up to that point thought: "Hey, maybe we should attempt to check out the place?". Doesn't seem plausible to me. I would find it to be an unwelcome addition of the series if the CDC was NOT addressed at all being that they were literally only a few miles away from it. It would be nuts to not consider the place or going there before attempting to hit Ft. Benning.

I have not read the comics and don't intend to with the series still airing, but if the series were to follow the comics 100% to the letter then what would be the point in watching the show at all be exactly? It would seem kind of pointless to me unless I suppose someone wanted to see a "live action" version of it. To me, that would be a bit like seeing an exact and identical re-make of a film. Why bother if you've seen the original?

As far as zombies, the show isn't about zombies. It's about the characters who happen to be in the situation where there are zombies (secondarily to the characters). I wouldn't mind to see entire episodes without a single zombie in it -- as long as we can focus on great character development and intrigue I'm good to go. So far, I haven't been disappointed at all. If anyone was interested in just zombies they could play a mindless video game. This show is about characters first and foremost -- and I commend it for that.

Just my .02.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 30-Nov-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Let's see, who does he look like and why... hmmm.

Cleared that up, please let the discussion continue. Jesus you people will bicker about ANYTHING.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Let's see, who does he look like and why... hmmm.
    My question was never about his appearance, but how the CHARACTER was in any way related to, or a "rip off" of Miguel. But at this point it's like talking to a brick wall...

Cleared that up, please let the discussion continue. Jesus you people will bicker about ANYTHING.
    Welcome to the internet. Let me show you around.
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Nov-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: .

United States
    My question was never about his appearance, but how the CHARACTER was in any way related to, or a "rip off" of Miguel. But at this point it's like talking to a brick wall...

Welcome to the internet. Let me show you around.
    Why thank you for your kindness and hospitality sir.

No, but seriously I have been around the internet a long time, and I am no stranger to forums and not even this site but the level of bicker and nitpicking around here is reaching "epic" proportions.

It used to be endearing but now it is just plain silly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No, but seriously I have been around the internet a long time, and I am no stranger to forums and not even this site but the level of bicker and nitpicking around here is reaching "epic" proportions.
    You must have missed the personal stories of kidnappings, rapings and such in one of the other Walking Dead threads. Now THAT was epic. And frightening.

But yes....apparently Ace and I are speaking two different languages, so it's time to move on from that question. I agree...
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Nov-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Yeah or maybe I just need more coffee

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah or maybe I just need more coffee
    Don't you miss your coffee maker? I miss my vibrator.

Strange scene that one was. But it gave them a nice human moment. Then bubba badass came in being a douche. It was nice to see his half eaten corpse and his abused wife crush in his skull with a pick axe....
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Nov-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    [QUOTE=bassman;254713]Don't you miss your coffee maker? I miss my vibrator.

whaaa? all this time i thought u were a dude Bass...unless im missing something with the vibrator joke! lol

If that's the case forget i said anything!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was a reference to The Walking Dead. Episodes three and five.

United States
    You must have missed the personal stories of kidnappings, rapings and such in one of the other Walking Dead threads. Now THAT was epic. And frightening.
    Yeah, I had to give this place a week long break because of that thread. . and other's that were pissing me off.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah, I had to give this place a week long break because of that thread. . and other's that were pissing me off.
    not 2 mention the belittling and insults of many others! lmao

Tell u what, the day this becomes a freakin tea party of old ladies..."im outta here!" lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

camp was attacked in the evening, no resurections until the morning after...it also took around two months to go fully global according to the scientist at the CDC, they are over 100 days into the outbreak...this was a slow death
    Nah man, they're nowhere near 100 days since the outbreak. Rick woke up in the hospital [at most] 3 weeks after the outbreak.