Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 5th episode - "Wildfire"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Nah man, they're nowhere near 100 days since the outbreak. Rick woke up in the hospital [at most] 3 weeks after the outbreak.
    The scientist in the CDC says something about "One hundred and [blank blank] days" during one of his "diary" videos....

United States
    I thought this episode blew ass with the exception of the last 20 mins. Kinda shocked that everyone else enjoyed it so much.

I could have done without the long dragged out reanimation of the blonde.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I could have done without the long dragged out reanimation of the blonde.
    With the exception of them hitting the road, that was probably my favorite part of the episode. The slow twitching and gradual "wake up" was intense. Then she also had that minute of recognition kinda like Roger and Shaun's Mom. Andrea's final words and "I love you.." BAM! were also a bit unexpected and heavy on the heart.

Overall....great scene, imo. But i'm more into the human element of the show than the zombie element...
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Nov-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    With the exception of them hitting the road, that was probably my favorite part of the episode. The slow twitching and gradual "wake up" was intense. Then she also had that minute of recognition kinda like Roger and Shaun's Mom. Andrea's final words and "I love you.." BAM! were also a bit unexpected and heavy on the heart.

Overall....great scene, imo. But i'm more into the human element of the show than the zombie element...
    you must be an Earth sign Bass! lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    I didn't take her slow movements as recognition of her sister at all. I figured it as her muscles struggling against the Rigor Mortis and her brain not being fully self-aware of it's directives.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I didn't take her slow movements as recognition of her sister at all. I figured it as her muscles struggling against the Rigor Mortis and her brain not being fully self-aware of it's directives.
    I think rubbing her sister's hair was definite recognition. Once her hand clamped down on her hair, she was fully zombi-fied.

United States
    i agree with you bass...that scene with the girl and her sister was intense! I kept expecting her to jump up and bite her face off. The way they did it was a very "edge of your seat" moment. I love those moments when you are not sure what will happen.
    In all I think TWD has great storyline.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The scientist in the CDC says something about "One hundred and [blank blank] days" during one of his "diary" videos....
    Yargh, I didn't catch that! Damn it, another thing drastically changed from the comic. So I guess when Rick and Shane were stopping that high-speed pursuit, it was while there was some zombie shit going on? If that's the case then I guess it hadn't become widespread yet, hence why they're still going about regular police business and having casual conversation.

England
    The re-animation scene could have been a total disaster, but it was handled really well IMO, and regardless of wether it was the girl recovering from rigor or recognizing her sister for a moment, it just worked. I think they have really handled the human drama well so far.

Just flat out loving this series.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Then she also had that minute of recognition kinda like Roger and Shaun's Mom.

i got that out of it too, nice touch. the sister had this "oh hey,sis" kind of look...then when she gripped her hair it was like she figured out 'oh wait, shes my dinner now'
    Last edited by acealive1; 01-Dec-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: bfbfhf

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Finally got a chance to watch this.

I thought the character development all around was great, better than in any other episode. And the first half was as strong as any stretch in the series. A lot of nice touches and effective scenes before they left camp.

Then it really slowed down, and a couple things bothered me. 1st, the dead appear to take way too long to turn which puts a dent in my suspension of disbelief that they've taken over the planet. Also, their threat is not nearly as omnipresent (is that a word?) as it should have been. For instance, driving to the CDC, would it have killed them (figure of speech) to sprinkle some walkers in or around those roads? Also, outside the CDC they should have shown hordes closing in rather than just one or two stray walkers. Kind of makes the walkers overrunning the military posts a bit of a stretch doesn't it?

In other words, I feel the menace needs to better realized and more convincing; without that nothing else matters.

Maybe I just have ridiculous high standards from being an old school GAR fan and the perfection of episode 1?
    Last edited by Gemini; 01-Dec-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: .

United States
    I thought the reanimation process was a little more realistic. Also, I think why I didn't buy into the "Oh hey, sister..." thing was because of my religious view on the dead. I tend to cut my ties someone's body once they pass on. It's my way of dealing with it I guess but I haven't really loss anyone that important in my life besides several of my grandparents.

United States

United States
    freelancers and no direction? Pretty Risky...

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I have not read the comics and don't intend to with the series still airing, but if the series were to follow the comics 100% to the letter then what would be the point in watching the show at all be exactly? It would seem kind of pointless to me unless I suppose someone wanted to see a "live action" version of it. To me, that would be a bit like seeing an exact and identical re-make of a film. Why bother if you've seen the original?
    Because most people who've read the comics wanted to see THAT walking dead brought to the screen. Also, the comics are FAR, FAR, FARRRRR superior to what's been shown on the tele so far. If you're happy with major changes then that's cool JD, as you said you haven't read the comics and that's ok. But, I only would have been grand with it if the writing had been on the same par. But, it hasn't sadly. It's been REALLY hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    As far as zombies, the show isn't about zombies. It's about the characters...
    Sorry, don't buy this. Never have, never will. It's ike saying you read playboy for the articles. People like zombie movies cos guess what? They have zombies in them. I don't know why some people feel the need to distance themselves from that fact. There's nothing wrong with it.

The human element in important, of course, but it's the zombies that attract us, let's be honest. THEY are the genre.

And as for all this guff about the "characters" in this show, they've been a HUGE let down for the most part. A lot of them have been bloody awful so far. Stereotypical button presses, that's all. I was expecting a LOT better from all the pre-show hot air.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 01-Dec-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....