Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of Speed-Loaders/Other Police Gear.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    There wouldn't be many speedloaders around as the standard procedure is to let them fall to the ground after the rounds drop into the chambers. Unless they do repetetive training with a mag dump bag, people under heavy stress will just let the speedloaders/mags fall to the ground.

There should have been LOTS of empty M16 mags and 5.56 brass around the abandoned helicopters outside the hospital because it looks like that place was overrun. I dunno, maybe the zombies picked up all of that stuff and took it to the recycler for beer money.
    Good call on the dropping the reloader after loading. One thing we were always taught was to not catch the mag when we reload, just let it drop to the ground. Worry more about stopping the threat then having to bend down and pick up an empty mag.

Dead

United States
    A Documentary Style
    On Boyd’s crew, there’s no hierarchy of importance among the three cameras — there’s no A camera per se. “Oftentimes what would be considered C camera gets the most unproduced shot, because that is the angle or shot that gets talked about the least,” he says. “It’s free to go find something that is particularly special, especially after a couple of takes. We have more than a dozen characters, and they all participate. We did these episodes in eight days. We had to find ways to cover everything, quickly, and that led to trusting the operators to find great shots.”
    Here's the text from the article. You can read the full article in my "cinematography" thread.
    The relevance is that shooting it in 8 days would make such attention to detail impractical.
    When shooting and/or editing a film you stick to things that progress the story, especially when there's budget and/or time constraints.
    While equipment shots may satisfy hardcore genre fans it doesn't progress the story, and could possibly create a gap in the flow of the film. And for what? To satisfy fans that examine the show through a microscope? There's no value in doing that.
    Last edited by babomb; 26-Nov-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: herpes

Canada
    Yes i fail to believe no one has a military grade weapon ! also hard to believe not one ak47 has shown up.

anyone notice the .50 cal next to the tank ready to rock?>

ALso where did the grenade rick have go to?
    Last edited by general tbag; 26-Nov-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more

England
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag View Post
    ALso where did the grenade rick have go to?
    Good question they made a point of showing it. Maybe Ricks saving it for the finale.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Yes i fail to believe no one has a military grade weapon ! also hard to believe not one ak47 has shown up.
    IMO, the lack of firearms is probably because the story revolves around what is deemed "regular everyday people" which the population can identify with and could be a reason why the motorhome group has survived so long. Lay low and don't do anything to attract attention.

The minority of people own several handguns, military pattern rifles, and thousands of rounds of ammo. Remember how reluctant Morgan was to shoot because the noise attracted zombies? Just think if a bunch of cod black ops 3 gun combat master armchair army seals armed with m4geries and aks have their wish granted to play a live version of Left 4 Dead. The dinner bell would be rung and then overrun, becoming victims of their own itchy trigger fingers. Then there are the people that buy a gun, shoot it once, and then put it away to collect dust. BANG...miss. BANG...miss. BANG...miss. Come and get it! Another buffet is open.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    IMO, the lack of firearms is probably because the story revolves around what is deemed "regular everyday people" which the population can identify with and could be a reason why the motorhome group has survived so long. Lay low and don't do anything to attract attention.

The minority of people own several handguns, military pattern rifles, and thousands of rounds of ammo. Remember how reluctant Morgan was to shoot because the noise attracted zombies? Just think if a bunch of cod black ops 3 gun combat master armchair army seals armed with m4geries and aks have their wish granted to play a live version of Left 4 Dead. The dinner bell would be rung and then overrun, becoming victims of their own itchy trigger fingers. Then there are the people that buy a gun, shoot it once, and then put it away to collect dust. BANG...miss. BANG...miss. BANG...miss. Come and get it! Another buffet is open.

easily fixed with a threaded barrel or a pop bottle.

Considering gun dealers outnumber gas stations in the US still find it hard to believe everyday folks still wouldnt have a high capacity military round weapon.

Closet was the .50 cal and i guess the whimpy beretta 9mill rick got in the tank.
    Last edited by general tbag; 27-Nov-2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: more

United States
    Um, pop bottle silencers only work in movies.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    Um, pop bottle silencers only work in movies.
    Yup.

Actual suppressors in reality don't make the soft "pew" noise in the movies either. Any projectiles going over 1100fps will still make a loud crack as it breaks the sound barrier no matter what suppressor is on a firearm. Subsonic ammo helps but still doesn't make gunfire "silent".

A lot of people have the misconception that you can walk into any gun store in the U.S. and just walk out with selectfire weapons and suppressors. This is not true for regular "civilians". The prices are very prohibitive ($6000+ for weapons, $500+ for suppressors) not to mention the having to get "approval" by local sherrif (if select fire/suppessor possession is allowed by state law) and the sometimes 1 month or more wait for a tax stamp ($200 fee) from atf.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

Considering gun dealers outnumber gas stations in the US still find it hard to believe everyday folks still wouldnt have a high capacity military round weapon.

Closet was the .50 cal and i guess the whimpy beretta 9mill rick got in the tank.
    Gun dealers outnumber gas stations? Sounds like anti-gun propaganda from Violence Policy Center.

1,15,223 gas stations in 2007 according to the U.S. Census
    50,630 licensed gun dealers in 2007

The M2 .50 on the tank isn't exactly something you can just pick up and shoot Rambo style. It is designed to be either mounted on a vehicle or on a tripod. It is 84 lbs. and over 5 feet in length. The linked ammo isn't light either.

9mm is wimpy? It will kill just as dead as any round that is placed in a vital area.

Dead

United States
    not to mention the having to get "approval" by local sherrif (if select fire/suppessor possession is allowed by state law) and the sometimes 1 month or more wait for a tax stamp ($200 fee) from atf.
    Having to go through all that is BS! Your statement is true, I'm saying that having to go through all that just to own those weapons is BS.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Here's the text from the article. You can read the full article in my "cinematography" thread.
    The relevance is that shooting it in 8 days would make such attention to detail impractical.
    When shooting and/or editing a film you stick to things that progress the story, especially when there's budget and/or time constraints.
    While equipment shots may satisfy hardcore genre fans it doesn't progress the story, and could possibly create a gap in the flow of the film. And for what? To satisfy fans that examine the show through a microscope? There's no value in doing that.
    Sorry, I can tell you off the bat that this wasn't shot in 8 days. I'm below-the-line filmcrew and that's just an absurd statement. I can, off the bat, give you a dozen reasons for why that would be impossible. One would be lack of sunlight. One would be too many company moves in that little time.