Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season finale - "TS-19"

United States
    well, i was thoroughly impressed. i thought (kinda like in ep 5) that it wouldn't have hurt to show a few more walkers outside the CDC during the big finale, and maybe a few lumbering after the convoy in the way out. still, a great ending to an amazing first season.

shane is definitely loosing it, it will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out. i (and anyone who has read the comics) have a solid idea about what to expect, but when, why, and how is left to be seen. i did really enjoy the flashback to when shane left rick at the hospital, it made shane a bit more tolerable.....until he got lori alone later on, then he became a slime-ball again. as for the flashback, though, it was great to see how that whole scene went down, the chaos at the hospital, explosions knocking out the power, etc.

as for what jenner whispered to rick, it's has got to be what most have already hinted at, but i'm not gonna bother re-posting it or fooling with spoiler tags.

so now, the only additional characters from the comics are merle, daryl (who is getting cooler and more likeable by the episode, i really hope he sticks around), and t-dog. i imagine t-dog's gonna end up getting killed off sometime early in season 2. and they're gonna have to address this merle issue sooner or later, likely near the beginning of the 2nd season, i'm guessing.

seriously, in it's entirety, i feel that TWD season 1 was about the best damn thing i've ever seen on television and probably one of the best entries into the zombie genre, film or otherwise, ranking right up there with romero's big 3.

damn, i really feel like pulling a cartman and freezing myself/hibernating till october now, but then i'd miss out on all the hysteria, conjectures, and belly-aching around this place over every minute detail/news release related to this show between now and then, so i guess i'll just wait it out with the rest of you loonies.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 06-Dec-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: ..............................................................................

Undisclosed
    Many thanks to AMC. I've been a zombie addict for ages and this series brought me back to the good old days. I'm already having withdrawl symptoms. I hope I can make it til October. It feels so great to be excited about zombies again!!!! I've loved every episode!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulman View Post
    What Jenner whispered to Rick? My money is on something like

"You all carry the virus. Everybody does. It's not transmitted through the bites. Bites just speed up death" OR "Your wife is pregnant"
    to jel with comic canon.
    The second prediction seems way more likely, in my opinion. That sets up for a huge issue in season 2 if that were the case. Off the top of my head, I thought what might have been whispered was

your wife was shagging your best friend/partner.

Gosh darnit, why do we have to wait 10 1/2 months for season 2?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok... so I have watched the final episode twice now and I have to say that while yes it was light on zombies... the whole TS-19 story bit and time line was fantastic. I thought the episode was done quite well and I felt satisfied when it ended. also add to the fact they didn't leave all of us with a major cliff hanger til october... the way it was executed works perfectly... we have a bit of the unknown but not enough to drive us bat shit crazy as we know our hero's are safe for the moment.

I watched the Marathon and I have finally put together my list of how I rank the episodes:

1. Days Gone By - BEST PERIOD, NO ROOM FOR DISCUSSION
    2. Wildfire (Episode #5)
    3. TS-19
    4. Guts
    5. Tell it to The Frogs
    6. Vatos
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    You know what I love about this series...the people, the way they act, the way they react, the way they interact. They are all shell-shocked from this "extinction event" as Jenner called it. Everybody is doing their best to survive and deal with the situation as best they can, but in what I feel is a totally believable way...in short, it's really damn easy to suspend disbelief watching this excelent show.

Hell, the walkers are almost a side issue, and seeing as I tune in to see zombies, I should have a problem with that, but I don't...it's giving me genuine post apocalypse entertainment, great drama and throwing in zacks and wonderful kills as a bonus.

Oh, as for the BD release...day one pre-order as far as I am concerned.

Love it, just friggin' love it.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 06-Dec-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Many typos.... :)
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    I totally agree Legion2213. This series has more than adequately managed to capture Robert Kirkman's intended tone from the source material. Sure there are some tiny, nitpicky issues here and there but, in a show about reanimated corpses, I can look past each and every one.

The Walking Dead, for me, has proven to be a spectacular show and I look forward to each and every episode like NOTHING I have ever looked forward to on television before. As a whole, Season 1 was, as stated somewhere above, one of the finest forays into the world of a zombie apocalypse that I have EVER seen and I am already pining to learn more about the eventual fates of Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Andrea, Dale, Shane, Lori, T-Dog, Karol, Carl and Sofia. I think the fact that I know ever single characters name and care so much about them, as well as know each episodes name (I've NEVER done that with ANY show) is a testament to how incredible this show really Is. Thank You Frank Darabont for such an amazing and faithful translation of Robert Kirkman's wonderful work!

England
    Brilliant episode although I'm sure someone will be along soon to disagree on the basis that the tyres on Shanes jeep were from a different model.
    Ive really enjoyed the ride and have loved the way the plot questions are answered in the next episode.
    The hospital scene was ace and there can be many answers to why they were shooting citizens. Im leaning toward the fact that the patients had no chance anyway, would be a burden to the military, and if they returned, would increase the ranks of the undead. Very harsh but understandable. Doesn't explain why the solider didn't shoot Rick but hey watcha gonna do. The whole hospital thing in the pilot blew me away so it was great to get some answers to what happened. Shame they didn't have the budget to show what happened outside. Maybe next season eh?
    The grenade was always going to put in an appearance and ive been waiting every week for it to show up.
    My order of fav eps

1) Ep1 - Days Gone Bye
    2) Ep6 - TS-19
    3) Ep5 - Wildfire
    4) Ep3 - Tell it to the Frogs
    5) Ep2 - Guts
    6) Ep4 - Vatos

A very good season overall and I'm just gagging for more. 2nd season will be the real start so get writing Frank and Robert.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pretty cool episode. Dale is my new favorite character. The scene between him and Andrea was touching. What can I say? The old guy just rocks.

I've got a bit more sympathy for Shane now. He's still going bonkers, but at least we have an idea as to why now.

Great season. It's going to be a long wait till October. Hopefully the Blu Ray has enough features to tide us over.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Dec-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    I think you meant "Dale", not Daryl. Dale is the older Gentleman.

I wasn't crazy about the episode. I don't think the explanation about the re-animation was clear enough. To the casual viewer, it would reinforce their assumption that the bite transmits a virus that causes death, then reanimation. This is not the case. In this universe, just like George's, death by any means will cause the dead to rise. The cause is unknown, and should remain that way.

I really wish Kirkman was writing, or at least signing off on every episode. I'm glad that they are veering away from the comic a little bit in terms of storyline, but I hope they aren't going to cater to the masses by explaining away the Zombie infestation as a "Plague". That would be the ultimate insult.
    "We Got this man, we got this by the ass!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildogger View Post
    I think you meant "Dale", not Daryl. Dale is the older Gentleman.
    Typo corrected. Thanks

United States
    After watching TS-19

the Doctor was lying when he said they had "no clue" what was causing the reanimation of the dead.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Ireland

Decent enough episode. Nice nods to 'Day of the Dead' in there too. Like the whole Test Subject thing and the end to that particular sequence was great. Happy to see another equity card bite the dust. I didn't even know her name. But the Janner locking the doors thing was a bit too forced and it didn't come off as realistic at all, unfortunately.

As for what Janner said, it probably IS "Your missus is up the duff" or else "I saw your 'best mate' trying it on with your woman on the monitor". Though, it's more than likely the former.

Hope they aren't too long getting series 2 together...

...and make it 24 episodes this time please AMC, FFS!
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 06-Dec-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Like all of AMC's shows, Season Two will be thirteen episodes.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Dec-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Hope they aren't too long getting series 2 together...

Word is 13 episodes... next October...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Hmmm...unlucky for some.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....