Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody scared by living in the same place any of the films take place at?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Hey Bass, I havn't been to Atlanta in years but i was thinking. It has to be north of the city right? There aren't any mountains to the south if i remember correct. Except stone mountain maybe? That was a lonnnnng time ago. Speaking of hippies being safe, why didn't they just go to little five points instead of the CDC?
    at Little Five Points. They'll hide out in 42 Degrees(head shop) .

Yeah, most of the mountain stuff is toward the top of the state, but the show was actually filmed around the perimeter of atlanta. The car chase in episode one was actually filmed about 45 minutes south east of Atlanta. That was the furthest south they went, if i'm not mistaken. The rest of the locations are actually very close. Rick's house is basically across the street from the Atlanta Zoo. And the rooftop is actually the old Norfolk Southern Railroad building that you see rick go under when first entering the city.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Dec-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    at Little Five Points. They'll hide out in 42 Degrees(head shop) .
    Nah,..hide out in Little 5 Points Pizza or the Vortex, where there's food and beer...

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Ahhhh memories. I admit i did like little 5.

Dying

United States
    The second zombie film in the trilogy of zombie rock operas I wrote takes place at a hippie music festival. The cause for the undead in my films is the spreading of contaminated LSD.

And yes, I've been in the "hippie" scene for a few years. I played 60+ shows this year including a few of these hippie jam fests. I LOVE the Grateful Dead (and its new incarnation, Furthur) and a lot of the bands in the scene, but I also LOVE heavy metal at the same time, as well as all kinds of electronic music. The jam scene is amazing. Not a fan of Phish though, not at all

United States
    That almost sounds like Rave to the Grave o_O

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    That almost sounds like Rave to the Grave o_O
    I haven't seen that one yet. But upon inspecting the IMDB page, it sounds suspiciously similar to "Streets," an even older, shittier zombie movie about a new drug that hits the streets called Ozone. Which is a movie I watched way after I had the idea for "Night of the Living Shred."

Also, the plot of my first movie, the one that isn't just a general idea and is actually fleshed out, is an entirely unique and original animal, and is the one I put all my effort into. Without giving away too many of my ideas...

I'm playing a friends house party. After the room I'm playing in is cleared I'm partaking in a smoke session with some groupies and some friends, when zombies bust in. Thats when I bust into a song about how to kill zombies, being the only person there remotely aware of what we are dealing with.

The rest of the movie I'm traveling to other locations I know to rescue my friends. All these spots happen to be other gigs for other bands; a hippie band playing in the woods. A hip hop open mic night. A metal band at an actual venue. Some electronic based music. Some friends jamming at their house. You get the picture.

I start rallying these musicians into an unstoppable army of guitars, bass guitars, portable keyboards, and portable drums. Finally, we figure out whats the cause of the zombies, and go to the biggest supplier of the LSDs house to warn them and destroy the supply. I show up with my rallied musicians, and there's an epic showdown at the end.

Not to mention the entire thing is a rock opera / musical.

But that sounds unlike ANY idea I've ever heard. Maybe if you threw Shaun of the Dead, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, Flight of the Conchords, Half Baked, South Park: BLU, and Electric Apricot into a blender you'd get something KINDA similar.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i grew up in los angeles.....i knew the mall was in pa from dawn....but the mall i grew up going to was a bit scarier........

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post

Also, the plot of my first movie, the one that isn't just a general idea and is actually fleshed out, is an entirely unique and original animal, and is the one I put all my effort into. Without giving away too many of my ideas...

I'm playing a friends house party. After the room I'm playing in is cleared I'm partaking in a smoke session with some groupies and some friends, when zombies bust in. Thats when I bust into a song about how to kill zombies, being the only person there remotely aware of what we are dealing with.

The rest of the movie I'm traveling to other locations I know to rescue my friends. All these spots happen to be other gigs for other bands; a hippie band playing in the woods. A hip hop open mic night. A metal band at an actual venue. Some electronic based music. Some friends jamming at their house. You get the picture.

I start rallying these musicians into an unstoppable army of guitars, bass guitars, portable keyboards, and portable drums. Finally, we figure out whats the cause of the zombies, and go to the biggest supplier of the LSDs house to warn them and destroy the supply. I show up with my rallied musicians, and there's an epic showdown at the end.

that is the craziest god damn thing i have ever read on here (that is saying a lot). i love it. bravo.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    that is the craziest god damn thing i have ever read on here (that is saying a lot). i love it. bravo.
    Thank you, sir. Little has changed in the plot in the past 3 years, but originally a home-grown strain of weed was the cause of the outbreak. What made it original from Pot Zombies, was everyone I knew smoked pot, so I had to go warn my entire friend base and the majority of my family. Then "Night of the Living Heads" with the same premise and almost the exact same name (Night of the Living Shred = my film) so I decided to ditch the name and contaminated pot and instead go with "Dawn of the Shred" and LSD zombies.

The LSD is gonna be key, because that is gonna be the most fucked up, twisted psychedelic shit we can put into the movie. Its gonna be the only SCARY parts of the film. Like Nightmare on Elm Street with the dreams, but less campy and more terrifying.

Every other part of the movie, however, will be more on the stoner comedy / rock opera / musical level. Although I would like it to be very creepy throughout.

One of the sideplots to the army of musicians is a group of stoner kids, who always choose the most cliche locations to blaze and never realize the danger that is going on around them, and quite obvious to the viewer.

"Woah, look, its that old prison from the 40's that got shut down because the guards were torturing the inmates...lets go roast this bowl in there."

"That graveyard looks secluded...time for a bong."

"Hey, lets go smoke this blunt in that abandoned carnival."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I haven't seen that one yet. But upon inspecting the IMDB page, it sounds suspiciously similar to "Streets," an even older, shittier zombie movie about a new drug that hits the streets called Ozone. Which is a movie I watched way after I had the idea for "Night of the Living Shred."

But that sounds unlike ANY idea I've ever heard. Maybe if you threw Shaun of the Dead, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, Flight of the Conchords, Half Baked, South Park: BLU, and Electric Apricot into a blender you'd get something KINDA similar.
    You lost me a destroying all the LSD
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You lost me a destroying all the LSD
    I know, its terrible, destroying such a wonderful thing.

But really, that sets into motion the epic ending. The house crumbling, a despairing orchestral piece softly playing as the camera pans out on the rubble, 'THE END' fading into view....

...until a loud guitar chord sounds and the guitar bursts through the rubble, a question mark getting added abruptly to "THE END."

So cheesily hilarious; if I saw that in theaters I might do that thing REALLY BIG douchebags do; cheer and clap at the end of the movie to showcase my support.

I always HATED that, even when I was a kid. The filmmakers aren't at the fucking movie, unless its the premier with someone involved in the film there, there's absolutely NO reason you should clap at the end of the movie. I've only done that ONCE, and that was at the start of Zombieland when Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" started playing. In my defense, I was really drunk and really stoned.

United States
    I live in the Manitowoc, WI area, so I liked the idea of the local location. It never creeped me out. The Dawn Community looked way too nice and why they hell would Miller park be a safe rescue station? I can't think of a worse place than a sports arena, look at the luck the Brewers have had surviving there.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    I live in the Manitowoc, WI area, so I liked the idea of the local location. It never creeped me out. The Dawn Community looked way too nice and why they hell would Miller park be a safe rescue station? I can't think of a worse place than a sports arena, look at the luck the Brewers have had surviving there.
    Zing!

I dunno, though. Freway access (near an Interchange), but a pain in the arse to get to via city streets. Defendable.
    Centrally located between North-South & City-Suburbs.

I agree with your sports arena notion, just not entirely in this specific case.

Anyhow, they're running zombies, so we're pretty much screwed.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Day of the Dead was set in Florida which is where I live now except I'm in Pensacola on the very west tip and I get the feeling that the movie was set further down possibly in the everglades. It does creep me out to imagine the zombies being in Florida plus my favorite show The Golden Girls was set in Florida during the 80's and I hate to think of my favorite gals being attacked by zombies while they're enjoying a nice cheesecake.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3