Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DARABONT just axed the entire writing staff for TWD

Undisclosed
    Darabont fired them all to make sure the story goes in the direction HE WANTS. It is all about making money through advertisers who sell to the target demographic audience. 18-24 year old males is most likely what they are going for. This means dumb down the plot, more action, more younger "cool" characters (i.e. gangstas and sunglasses wearing "cute" guys") and more screaming airhead chicks. IMO next Kirkman will be told his services are no longer needed and TWD will start looking less like the comic book and more like ROTLD 4 and DOTD 08.

United States
    Wow, dude...who slipped the Flouride into your water?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'll have to drag the Jump to Conclusions mat out again.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This show really tends to bring out the crazy folks, doesn't it?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Darabont fired them all to make sure the story goes in the direction HE WANTS. It is all about making money through advertisers who sell to the target demographic audience. 18-24 year old males is most likely what they are going for. This means dumb down the plot, more action, more younger "cool" characters (i.e. gangstas and sunglasses wearing "cute" guys") and more screaming airhead chicks. IMO next Kirkman will be told his services are no longer needed and TWD will start looking less like the comic book and more like ROTLD 4 and DOTD 08.

Either I didn't pick up on the sarcasm in this post or you have no idea who Frank Darabont is and what his track record entails.

United States
    Is this post a joke or is it real? I know when I look at Frank Darabont's track record I see all of those items mentioned above(i.e. young cool characters, more action, dumbed down plots).
    Did something get into the water supply or what? Some of the posts on here lately are unbelievably stupid.

England
    I get the impression Darabont wasnt happy with the direction the show was taking. It says somewhere in the original article that he rewrote most of the episodes so that points to the writers not "getting" TWD. I see all this as a good thing. If anything, I was more worried about his lack of future involvement in the series. This way he's got his hands all over it. I'm assuming he didn't fire the writers, he probably just didn't renew their involvement. Happens all the time.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 01-Dec-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Fucking itouch
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think AMC should fire everyone off and hire Uwe Boll and Zack Snyder to handle the rest of the series. But that's just me...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think AMC should fire everyone off and hire Uwe Boll and Zack Snyder to handle the rest of the series. But that's just me...
    This Is Atlanta!!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22561

looks like some are in the minority. people are pretty much fuming over darabont's decision.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some like to jump to conclusions over something they, like everyone else outside of AMC's circles, know nothing about. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's just typical internet fanboy freakouts.
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Dec-2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: .

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    so wheres the peopel who were saying "george who?" 5 weeks ago? darabont just killed the series........
    I am right here... and Episode #1 has outshined all of Romeros newer stuff
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Darabont seems to know what he's doing. I'm confident he'll do what's best for the show. Now, if you told me he was leaving; I would be in a panic.

Undisclosed
    Is that AMC's track record with their other award-winning original programming? Caving-in to the ACTION, ACTION, ACTION, attention-span-of-lint dummies doesn't seem to be the route they take. Why would they start now?
    Last edited by Ghoulman; 02-Dec-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Some like to jump to conclusions over something they, like everyone else outside of AMC's circles, know nothing about. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's just typical internet fanboy freakouts.
    I've been surprised by some of the sheer fanboy rage over this announcement, especially when so little is known ... I mean goddamn people, take a fucking chill pill.

Shawshank = awesome
    Green Mile = awesome
    The Mist = awesome

'Nuff said.

I've kind of sensed in this first season, or rather the four episodes I have so far seen, that there is an element of 'finding the show' over the course of the episodes, and quite frankly, if Darabont had to re-write portions of the episodes coming in to make them fit (i.e. to make them the episodes that we've all (or most of us anyway) been so impressed with) the over all vibe of the season as-pictured, then the dude knows what he wants and he knows what he's doing.

It's bizarre how some people (across the internet) have suddenly said this man, who has been one of the four biggest driving forces (in addition to Kirkman, Hurd, and AMC) of this show - and been responsible for it's success and respect, is now "destroying the show" etc. Seriously ... who spiked the water supply?