Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: DARABONT just axed the entire writing staff for TWD

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Outside of the Grimes family, Andrea was one of the most developed characters in the first season. Her development started at episode 2, peaked in the middle, and the resolution ended with her and Dale in the season finale.
    The scene with her and Amy in the beginning of Episode 4 was so, obviously the writers saying "Pay attention audience this is important!" in way so they could "develop" the sisters.

Even the scene with her and Rick talking in the store was a little ridiculous.

Admittedly, your right about her scenes with Dale. They have so, far been her best. but everything else to me was-

That "Soap opera" story is essential to the basic plotline. I'm always confused by this complaint because:

A. It's part of the source material.
    B. Without any sort of internal conflict it's only humans versus zombies. Thats fine for a small story, but it doesn't hold up a series in the long run.
    I don't particularly mind it, but the way they've used it so far it's been forced. It never was like that in the comic. Far as I remember anyway. I really hope they don't keep doing that in Season 2 though.

I hope, I don't sound like a basher because I'm not trying to be. I like this series, and hope its a success. Alot of shows have bumpy Season 1 though so, I'm sure it'll get better.

The only big complaints I have in the series so, far is:

Merle(such a walking cliche )
    Vatos(Hmm....I wonder if we will possibly see these characters again?)

Undisclosed
    I couldn't agree more Doc. I hope the forced feeling of some of the "development" had everything to do with NOT knowing if the first season was going to be well-received or just a one-shot bomb (Shame on them for not knowing...But that's another matter altogether).

The Merle thing and the Vato thing screamed personal ideology to me. Like someone was thinking: "We need to show how stupid Caucasians can be while spotlighting the common misconceptions about minorities." But I could be wrong. I would have been content to see Merle die on the roof and not have had the vato's arc at all thus sticking a little closer to the source material.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still say the racist stereotype of Merle isn't that big of a stretch. Sure he may be slightly over the top, but I meet assholes like him at least once a week. They're everywhere. As Los always says....they're steretypes for a reason.

Plus I just love Micheal Rooker. I could watch that dude eat a bowl of soup for fifteen minutes and be happy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still say the racist stereotype of Merle isn't that big of a stretch. Sure he may be slightly over the top, but I meet assholes like him at least once a week. They're everywhere. As Los always says....they're steretypes for a reason.

Plus I just love Micheal Rooker. I could watch that dude eat a bowl of soup for fifteen minutes and be happy.
    Did I hear my name?

I'm like a Genie, I hear my name and it's like SHAZAAM !

But yeah Bass, that's normally the case.

I thought the first episode was gold. Great Character development if only a tad slow paced. I sometimes wonder what gar would have done with that type of time if he had to tell a story.(4-5 hours)

It's perhaps the reason why i like dawn the most even though day is technically the superior film. Dawn was the longest, thus he had a chance for deep character development. The fact that it was a small group of protagonists he could focus on and the 2 1/2 hours he had was huge.

But i Digress. Guts was a very good "action" episode.

*Sigh* Now we move toward the middle two. As I already stated, character development is great and all but eps. 3-4 were just too lifetime/oxygen channelly for my taste and I hope they do less of that and more of the type of character development we saw in eps 5-6. It was great without the estrogen overdose we got in eps 3-4.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"