Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blu Ray and DVD Release

Undisclosed
    They should strike while the grill is hot. There's alot of buzz about this show and if they release it within a few months it should sell pretty well. I will definately own the blu ray the day it is released. I wouldn't expect too many extras. Much of what we see on the AMC site is what they will probably offer.

Undisclosed
    I'm curious: Has anyone here bought any of AMC's other original program on DVD, and if so, do those sets include the addition of any edited out footage? I ask because I am confident there are many bits that hit the cutting room floor from The Walking Dead and I'd very much like to see some of the worthy stuff put back in.

While we're on the subject of the DVD, anyone think we can beg, plead and persuade Darabont to put the stupid "flash forward" at the beginning of Days Gone Bye back to its rightful chronological place in the feature AS WELL as restore the rest of the footage from that scene that can clearly be seen from one of the behind-the-scenes featurettes?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hell no, shit the earlier the better, as long as it is packed with some features... one of them being a Darabont Commentary for the first Episode
    Same here. Darabont's commentaries in the past have been very interesting. Definitely wanting to hear his thoughts on episode one. Maybe he'll also sit in on some of the other episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulman View Post
    I'm curious: Has anyone here bought any of AMC's other original program on DVD, and if so, do those sets include the addition of any edited out footage? I ask because I am confident there are many bits that hit the cutting room floor from The Walking Dead and I'd very much like to see some of the worthy stuff put back in.
    Looking at the features listed on Amazon, Breaking Bad has deleted scenes. Mad Men also has commentary on every episode. That's what I'm hoping for...

United States
    yeah, i've got all seasons of breaking bad and mad men. there's some deleted scenes, commentaries, cool bonus features, etc. and they are very nicely boxed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Amazon had the three available seasons of Mad Men for 9.99 on Blu Ray the other day. I meant to go back and get them, but missed out on it. Now they're back at regular price. D'oh!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Normally with any TV show the DVD/BR doesn't come out til at least a month before the next season 1st episode airs. All networks do it like this it helps create sales and viewership. So if S2 is October 2011, expect the DVD/BR in September, maybe mid august
    According to Amazon, it'll be released on March 8th.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    According to Amazon, it'll be released on March 8th.
    Hrrrmmmm. That's new. I actually checked Amazon yesterday and that wasn't there. This also jives with what THR was reporting. Looks like it may be spring...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Amazon had the three available seasons of Mad Men for 9.99 on Blu Ray the other day. I meant to go back and get them, but missed out on it. Now they're back at regular price. D'oh!
    holy shit, 10 bucks per season on blu-ray? i've not even made the switch yet, but i'd have ordered them at that price anyway, so i'd have them when i upgrade...christ, 10 bucks, what a deal.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulman View Post
    While we're on the subject of the DVD, anyone think we can beg, plead and persuade Darabont to put the stupid "flash forward" at the beginning of Days Gone Bye back to its rightful chronological place in the feature AS WELL as restore the rest of the footage from that scene that can clearly be seen from one of the behind-the-scenes featurettes?
    Yeah, I'm hoping that at least will be restored to the show, given it's the one deleted scene everyone knows exists

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They've just had a commercial on AMC suggesting that you pre-order TWD through Amazon. Amazon has a March 8th release scheduled.

Looks like March is the month, folks...

Just been bitten

United States
    The Mad Men DVDs are pretty sweet; every ep has at least one commentary track and often two. Never any deleted scenes though.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's already been confirmed in a way, but these guys say it's definitely March 8th and will have "TONS" of special features including webisodes, making-of features, audio commentaries, and more.

And what they say is true....the price seems a bit steep for six episodes.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Dec-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: .

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    $50?!?! Jesus... no thanks.

United States
    $40.00 for the dvd set? I was going to purchase it, but I certainly won't at that price!

Pass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hopefully these guys are wrong about the price. Either that or hopefully they'll have a new release price drop like they do with certain releases...