Thread: Blood Test

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Blood Test

Season finale shows the survivors having to submit to blood tests in order to gain entry to CDC

Does this mean the virus can only be transmitted by bite?? If we go by GAR "every dead body.." rule then everyone would be infected bitten or not.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Gemini; 03-Dec-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Could be a 'Typhoid Mary' situation, where some people carry the virus but don't have symptoms or get sick.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Well. . the comics go by the everybody rises rule. . . . so. . .hmmmmm.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I feel sorry for anyone in the UK that hasn't yet seen episode 5 and enters this thread. Spoiled...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Sorry, my bad. Again. Can somebody tell me how to properly spoiler tag within a post?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Does this mean the virus can only be transmitted by bite?? Thoughts?
    I believe we will learn what the comic has already made canon: That

everbody carries the virus and death is merely the catalyst. Being bitten only speeds up ones death.
    But I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Sorry, my bad. Again. Can somebody tell me how to properly spoiler tag within a post?
    This: [
    Then: spoiler
    Then: ]
    Then: The text you wish to be hidden.
    Then: [/
    Then: spoiler
    Then: ]

example: [ spoiler ] blah blah blah [ / spoiler ] NOTE: I've included extra spaces in hopes it will display for you.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Thanks! Although if anyone is hardcore enough to be browsing this forum I doubt I spoiled much of anything!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks! Although if anyone is hardcore enough to be browsing this forum I doubt I spoiled much of anything!
    The UK doesn't air episode 5 until later today. They're about 5 days behind the US premieres. There's only a few people here that wait for the TV premiere instead of loading it immediately after it premieres in the US, but still. I would've hated to stumble into this thread and seen the end results of Episode 5, ya know?

Anyway.....as for the subject of the thread...

I like the idea that someone else suggested in another thread. Maybe he's not really testing, but creating new subjects? It would ruin the comic storyline with Andrea, but juding by the preview that may actually be the case. I mean....the guy was heartbroken that he had no more test subjects....so you never know. Until Sunday, anyway.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Dec-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed

Season finale shows the survivors having to submit to blood tests in order to gain entry to CDC

Does this mean the virus can only be transmitted by bite?? If we go by GAR "every dead body.." rule then everyone would be infected bitten or not.

Thoughts?
    For the love of god, i hope they don't break that rule! "bites or death only you bastards!"
    I SMELL SOME POO...

England
    As a UKer, I am DLing them hot off the press, then recording the official UK screenings in HD on my Sky+ box (looks like we are gonna have to wait a while for the BD/DVD releases, I am keeping them all to tide me over).

I just hate being a week behind with this series when folks are chattering away about it...been doing the same with SGU as well.

As for the CDC guy...

he was whining about the only other samples being "necrotic", after his others were destroyed...does this mean they were culling "healthy alive people" for their brains? Nasty if true
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    As a UKer, I am DLing them hot off the press, then recording the official UK screenings in HD on my Sky+ box (looks like we are gonna have to wait a while for the BD/DVD releases, I am keeping them all to tide me over).

I just hate being a week behind with this series when folks are chattering away about it...been doing the same with SGU as well.

As for the CDC guy...

he was whining about the only other samples being "necrotic", after his others were destroyed...does this mean they were culling "healthy alive people" for their brains? Nasty if true
    Not necessarily I would think

necrotic tissue takes time to die to be necrotic tissue

Yojimbo would prob know the answer to that q better than me.
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 05-Dec-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: messed spoiler up

England
    I still prefer the virus explanation to the "anyone rises" rubbish, makes it more believable for me but thats just my opinion!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I like the idea that someone else suggested in another thread. Maybe he's not really testing, but creating new subjects? It would ruin the comic storyline with Andrea, but juding by the preview that may actually be the case. I mean....the guy was heartbroken that he had no more test subjects....so you never know. Until Sunday, anyway.

Oh man I hope not!!!! Not Andrea!! She's one of my favorite characters from the comic!!! Oh geeze!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."