View Poll Results: Which is superior?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romero's New Trilogy (Land-Diary-Survival)

7 12.96%
  • The Walking Dead

47 87.04%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Which do you prefer? Romero's last 3 dead films or The Walking Dead?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    I prefer last romero movies .even survival. at his best TWD is like survival. Itīs not THAT good, itīs mostly boring and Lame in some parts. itīs suppose to be serious but it has parts of stupidity all over the first season.i couldīn understand why people praise this with that blindness... oh donīt forget sitty cgi blood,explosions etc.. itīs not bad but lasGAR movs are solids pieces of old style zombie cinema
    You must really dislike TWD then. I remember your thread about Survival and how shocked your were at how crap it was. Maybe your getting the shit edited version of TWD in your country like the Germans are.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Being Attacked

United States
    Have to agree with most of the posters here. TWD is far superior. I am in the minority it seems in that I actually somewhat liked "Diary". I found 'Land" to be rambling and pointless and as for "Survival" I have to think in the wee hours of the night when he is all alone, even GAR is ashamed of that turkey. TWD has flaws (everything does) but it is the best thing going on tv for some time!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mpokera View Post
    Have to agree with most of the posters here. TWD is far superior. I am in the minority it seems in that I actually somewhat liked "Diary". I found 'Land" to be rambling and pointless and as for "Survival" I have to think in the wee hours of the night when he is all alone, even GAR is ashamed of that turkey. TWD has flaws (everything does) but it is the best thing going on tv for some time!
    I Actually agree with you on diary, while its still not great its definatly the best of romero's new trilogy, its the only one thats coherant anyway.

United States
    i also think diary is the best of the new 3....but that's not saying much. it's like, which sounds more appetizing: rotten eggs, spoiled chicken, or cottage cheese that is green with mold?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

TWD should be added to this. And yeah....what it says is true. Now fight clean, boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Gold dude!

And why is cooper smiling? I always knew that dude was some kinda freak.

You're welcome.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    You're welcome.

That was your work Moon? Shoulda known. I just about spit soda out of my nose on that one.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    That was your work Moon? Shoulda known. I just about spit soda out of my nose on that one.

May I direct Sir to something from our cellar?

HPotD GAR/Zombie Meme Thread

Dying

United States
    Another vote for the Walking Dead.

HOWEVER...I still love Land just as much. Diary and Survival leave a lot to be desired, of course, but I'll always love Land. (Perhaps its Dennis Hopper? Or the excessive feasting? Or maybe it being the first zombie movie I got to see in theaters?)

England
    Haha! some of the picture responses to this thread are pure gold! Brilliant!

I voted for TWD, "Land" was a let down, "Diary" was pure bilge and I can't even bring myself to watch "Survival".
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    oh donīt forget sitty cgi blood,explosions etc.. itīs not bad but lasGAR movs are solids pieces of old style zombie cinema
    Really? Diary Of The Dead didn't have any shitty CGI? And it being filmed in documentary style, a la The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield, makes it "old style zombie cinema" ???

Undisclosed
    Guys,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_oV0qd_IY

And once again: I really, REALLY enjoyed most of TWD. It's just not the second coming or anything.
    Come to think of it: neither were GAR's last three ... of the dead films, but I did find them enjoyable films that were way more original than what most of the horror genre has to offer nowadays. I mean in a subgenre riddled with clichés the old man is still trying to be original. Even at his most flawed there is still really nothing like a Romero Zombie film.

And I never said that anyone disagreeing with me should have their heads examined, I just wanted to say that the blind devotion TWD is getting VS. the hatred directed at GARS's latest offerings are incomprehensible. I found faults with the dialogue in TWD and some of the (new) storylines like the Vatos-episode and the stuff in the CDC. The series isn't free of shitty CGI as well.

that explosion at the end of the season's finale

Super Moderator

UK
    Piss easy - TWD.

However, this is not to say I didn't enjoy GAR's latest.

I loved (but now "like") Land when it first came out.
    I've had a tumultuous opinion of Diary, but I'm okay with it.
    And I had a lot of fun with Survival.

None of them are perfect, and none of them are (or were ever going to be) 'another Night/Dawn/Day' ... to have expected such a thing is entirely unfair, for reasons I've stated numerous times before.

TWD though is the best thing to happen to the zombie - and shambler zombie to boot - since Day of the Dead. Nuff said.

Ireland
    'Land of the Dead' isn't part of Diary or Survival. It's a continuation of the original series.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    It won't be long before people start to demand that any mention of George Romero be removed from the opening screen of Homepage of the Dead.
    Hey I am down with that... While George all lead us here, he isn;t what is keeping us here. Its the zombies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Piss easy - TWD.

However, this is not to say I didn't enjoy GAR's latest.

I loved (but now "like") Land when it first came out.
    I've had a tumultuous opinion of Diary, but I'm okay with it.
    And I had a lot of fun with Survival.

None of them are perfect, and none of them are (or were ever going to be) 'another Night/Dawn/Day' ... to have expected such a thing is entirely unfair, for reasons I've stated numerous times before.

TWD though is the best thing to happen to the zombie - and shambler zombie to boot - since Day of the Dead. Nuff said.
    Who leap over 7 foot fences...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon