View Poll Results: Which is superior?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romero's New Trilogy (Land-Diary-Survival)

7 12.96%
  • The Walking Dead

47 87.04%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Which do you prefer? Romero's last 3 dead films or The Walking Dead?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Guys,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_oV0qd_IY

And once again: I really, REALLY enjoyed most of TWD. It's just not the second coming or anything.
    Come to think of it: neither were GAR's last three ... of the dead films, but I did find them enjoyable films that were way more original than what most of the horror genre has to offer nowadays. I mean in a subgenre riddled with clichés the old man is still trying to be original. Even at his most flawed there is still really nothing like a Romero Zombie film.

And I never said that anyone disagreeing with me should have their heads examined, I just wanted to say that the blind devotion TWD is getting VS. the hatred directed at GARS's latest offerings are incomprehensible. I found faults with the dialogue in TWD and some of the (new) storylines like the Vatos-episode and the stuff in the CDC. The series isn't free of shitty CGI as well.

that explosion at the end of the season's finale
    VATOS, one episode out of 6 that was a little mediocre... vs LAND, DIARY and SURVIVAL 3 out of 6 GAR dead films that aren't mediocre... they are just shit!

Well Land and Survival are shit... Diary I dig, but Still the newer 3 GAR films are total and utter crap, and Darabont, seriously, the man walked all over GAR's latest efforts, whipped his dick out and pissed all over them while screaming MULLLLDOOOOOONNNNNNNN
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 07-Dec-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: .
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    VATOS, one episode out of 6 that was a little mediocre... vs LAND, DIARY and SURVIVAL 3 out of 6 GAR dead films that aren't mediocre... they are just shit!

Well Land and Survival are shit... Diary I dig, but Still the newer 3 GAR films are total and utter crap, and Darabont, seriously, the man walked all over GAR's latest efforts, whipped his dick out and pissed all over them while screaming MULLLLDOOOOOONNNNNNNN
    Eloquently put. Fantastic argumentation. I am convinced: Darabont for president!!!!!!!!!
    And one more thing: if you dig Diary but also think it's utter crap and just shit does that mean that you dig shit?

Confusing.

I like both GAR's recent 'smaller' films AND TWD. They're quite different. Apart from the Ghouls that is. And boy do I like Ghouls
    Last edited by krisvds; 07-Dec-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: pasta

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Who leap over 7 foot fences...
    There were certain shots that had problems in terms of shamblers, hehe, although they climbed it rather than leapt it ... but they were a smidge spry for that shot, in my view.

Hopefully we'll see in further episodes a more core version of what their shamblers are, a tighter zone and rule-of-movement in which to work - I'm sure they were figuring all of that out on-the-hoof as they went along, but now that they've got more experience under their belt hopefully there'll be a tighter sense of consistency. It was only in rare shots that things got a little wide of the mark, but then also part of it is down to just dealing with so many people, and then if someone starts going a bit too swift, everyone else will do the same ... so I suppose some shots might cause trouble, especially in the beginning, but as I said, hopefully the 'zombie school' they have will seek to refine what they've learned so far.

Shoot - while Land is part of the original three, it's really more about just being on of GAR's recent zombie efforts, which is why these three have been put together ... plus some folks would never say that Land is part of the original trilogy ... certain Land Haters spring to mind.

Dead

United States
    TWD!!!!
    Everytime!!
    Land wasn't that bad either. I thought it would be better than it was, but not nearly as shitty as 'survival of the dead'.
    Diary had it's moments also.
    But I'll take TWD anytime.
    I'd rather watch TWD right now than Romeros original 3!
    Not declaring that TWD is better overall than the original 3, just fresher.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    TWD!!!!
    Everytime!!
    Land wasn't that bad either. I thought it would be better than it was, but not nearly as shitty as 'survival of the dead'.
    Diary had it's moments also.
    But I'll take TWD anytime.
    I'd rather watch TWD right now than Romeros original 3!
    Not declaring that TWD is better overall than the original 3, just fresher.
    Well except for the rotting corpses... they aren't so fresh

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No contest. TWD.

And I actually like Land...
    The LAND dvd does make a great coaster for the Beer Stein don't it?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The LAND dvd does make a great coaster for the Beer Stein don't it?

Fresh Meat

United States
    Wow, I guess I must be simple or something. I watch as many films in this genre as I can, simply because the idea of a zombie apocalypse scares the shit out of me. Although some are far superior to others, and I have my favorites like anyone else,I enjoy all of them on one level or another. Although I think that TWD blows away Romero's last 3 films,no contest, I dont hate any of them, even with all the thinly disguised, heavy handed socio-political messages contained within. Another thought for ya..The same thing wrong with Bambi, for example,is wrong with ANY zombie film... animals don't talk, and dead people don't walk. Talk abou willing suspension of disbelief. LOL
    Last edited by fishfast41; 07-Dec-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added a thought

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    You're welcome.

That's quality
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    okay, somebody just made a comment that had me scratching my head, talking about those who don't like romero's new films yet enjoy the walking dead needing to have their heads examined.

i know that many have said these 2 entries into the undead mythos aren't comparable, but i think that they are, and most of us can't help but draw comparisons between romero's works and TWD.

so, completely ignoring the original three (which are untouchable classics), do you prefer romero's latest dead films or the tv series the walking dead?

as for myself, i'd watch TWD any day of the week. while it's not perfect, it's the best zombies-on-filmstock thing i've seen in decades. if you ask me, romero's recent works are "meh" at best at downright fucking terrible at their worst. i know everyone's got their own opinion, but seriously, how can someone defend shit like survival and claim that it's as good, if not better, than what we've seen over the last 6 weeks?
    "YOU MEAN ROMERO HAS MADE MORE ZOMBIE FILMS SINCE THE BIG 3?" LMAO

dude i havn't even seen Survival just outta spite....TWD gets my freakin' vote....do i think he's more creative hell 2 the freakin' no!

If Romero was in his prime these days he would have ripped Darabont's cornhole from his rectum and spoon feed it to him!

GAR is a freakin' ground breaker for pete's sake....just like Elvis before them there was nothing! "groundbreakers"
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is there any point in keeping this open?

28 to 3 pretty much says it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    YeAh bass, agreed.

That looks worse than the jets score from last night. (even though they lost 45-3 )

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    LMAO

So now not only are some of you are going completely bananas over TWD, some of you prefer the series over Survival WITHOUT HAVING SEEN IT?
    Sorry, that's too sorry for words.
    Are there even any people around this romero undead fansite who can get it through their thick skulls that there are people out there who actually enjoy both TWD AND GAR's films? Comparing the two and making a silly (swearing) contest out of it? Pointless. They are very, very different. This debate? Well, it's almost like the O'Flynns VS the Muldoons.
    Oh the irony...
    (cue rants dealing with how utter shit GAR's films are and how utterly sublime TWD is)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thems the breaks. One group takes it to an extreme and says the others are "going bananas" over how "sublime" TWD is, while the other group is shouting back "GAR fanboy!".

Welcome to HPotD.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    LMAO

So now not only are some of you are going completely bananas over TWD, some of you prefer the series over Survival WITHOUT HAVING SEEN IT?
    Sorry, that's too sorry for words.
    Are there even any people around this romero undead fansite who can get it through their thick skulls that there are people out there who actually enjoy both TWD AND GAR's films? Comparing the two and making a silly (swearing) contest out of it? Pointless. They are very, very different. This debate? Well, it's almost like the O'Flynns VS the Muldoons.
    Oh the irony...
    (cue rants dealing with how utter shit GAR's films are and how utterly sublime TWD is)
    "you can always count on conservatives to ruin the groove!"

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    YeAh bass, agreed.

That looks worse than the jets score from last night. (even though they lost 45-3 )

"who are the Jets!" lmao
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Thems the breaks. One group takes it to an extreme and says the others are "going bananas" over how "sublime" TWD is, while the other group is shouting back "GAR fanboy!".

Welcome to HPotD.
    That's just it. No breaks for me. I actually like BOTH.

BOOOHOOO? I'm sorry!!!!!