Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Dark of the Moon

United States
    c'mon now, bassman... it's ok to be Gay, see?

Oh, and for the record.....

Last edited by LouCipherr; 09-Dec-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailer 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVt75aGko8

What can I say? I'm a sucker for huge robots and explosions. Especially on this large of a scale. They got my money.

But damn that new girl is FUGLY. Megan Fox was skanky, but at least she looked good. This new girl looks like a monster...
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Apr-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This new girl looks like a monster...
    Clearly, she's hideous...

Though I do agree her prominent (collagen enhanced?) lips and cheekbones are served poorly by the makeup in the film.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Everything from the neck down is fine. It's the neck up that's the problem.

*shivers*

She looks like a deformed Ivan Drago, ffs...
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Apr-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Like I said, I agree the lips and cheekbones need to be toned down rather than enhanced when they do her make up. Otherwise her whole face looks swollen, as it does in the pic you posted.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    1:yes that girl does look like shes having a mild allergic reaction and the woman can act her way ot of a paper bag made out of moist towelettes in a bucket of water.

2:that trailer was pretty damn rad.

3:it cant be as bad as revenge of the fallen was.

4: dont know if folks still have a wicked hatred for labouf but honestly hes probably the closest thing to this generation of actors' will smith and he looks like hes doing a good performance from the trailer.

5: OPTIMUS PRIME. CUTTING ROBOTS IN TWAIN.

Super Moderator

United States
    I agree on all 5 points, actually.

United States
    I have a feeling this thread is a helluva lot more interesting than the 3rd movie will be.
    My kids can see this one without me. I'm done. I never played with Transformers anyway, I'm all about the He Man.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I have a feeling this thread is a helluva lot more interesting than the 3rd movie will be.
    My kids can see this one without me. I'm done. I never played with Transformers anyway,
    I never cared for Transformers either, but still find these movies enjoyable in a "shut off ya brain" kind of way. They're just very simple entertainment....and there's nothing wrong with that, imo...

Plus Optimus is one of the coolest on screen characters of the last decade. Love that guy...
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Apr-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I never cared for Transformers either, but still find these movies enjoyable in a "shut off ya brain" kind of way. They're just very simple entertainment....and there's nothing wrong with that, imo...
    Nothing wrong with that. But I still can't stand these movies for some reason. And I liked the cartoon & used to collect the toys, so...

Plus Optimus is one of the coolest on screen characters of the last decade. Love that guy...
    One of the few redeeming features. I've been a big Prime fan from back in the day. But still not enough.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    1:yes that girl does look like shes having a mild allergic reaction and the woman can act her way ot of a paper bag made out of moist towelettes in a bucket of water.

2:that trailer was pretty damn rad.

3:it cant be as bad as revenge of the fallen was.

4: dont know if folks still have a wicked hatred for labouf but honestly hes probably the closest thing to this generation of actors' will smith and he looks like hes doing a good performance from the trailer.

5: OPTIMUS PRIME. CUTTING ROBOTS IN TWAIN.
    Agreed.

Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely (the chick with the face) looks like she'll just be wandering around gawping at shit and getting into trouble. Lame. I wish they had picked somebody with a bit more personality and attitude ... I'm still to see the movie of course, but I doubt she's going to do an awful lot of anything but get in the way.

I never watched the kid's show, so the 2007 movie was my first real exposure to anything to do with it. The first one was rather enjoyable, I thought, and the second had some good stuff in it - but it was incomprehensible nonsense most of the time - this third one looks more focused, thankfully.

LaBeuf (or however the fuck it's spelled) is alright by me, I don't understand the hatred - perhaps it's more the guy himself, rather than his performances, but in a movie it's the performance that really matters (which is where I wouldn't be surprised if RH-W falls down).

United States
    I saw Our Idiot Brother last weekend and Bucky Larson yesterday. This better be good because my luck in movies lately has been sucking.
    Although Bucky had its moments, I did alot of groaning. I've waited on this because I'm not really into cars/robots, and because I wanted to wait until it only costs $2.50. Besides, my only other choice is Bad Teacher.
    So I plan on giving it a chance. I have seen the other two so at least I'm up to snuff on what up in that world.
    All I can do is hope, cough cough puff puff... puff.
    Right?

-- -------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Ok, I saw it. It's ok as far as watching it on the bigscreen, it definitely had some dark moments. It was kind of weird that it went from being totally a gimmicky kid's movie to the bad guys actually killing people, and blowing them up, or vaporizing them, or...
    You get the picture.
    I'd say if they'd skipped the kiddie crap early on, and trying to sell some merchandise along with it, then it might have been some killer schnizz.
    Still couldn't tell who was who half the time, except Optimus Prime's flamey armor. My kid kept telling me the red eyes are the bad guys, and I kept forgetting.
    Anyhoo, it was ok for a $2.50 ticket price. If you like cars, or robots, or robot cars, then this is your bag. I don't, but it was watchable and cool to behold on the bigxcreen.
    Maybe Bucky made this go down alot smoother, I dunno. Good one time viewing is my recommendation, preferably on a bigscreen. Didin't see it in 3D so I can't really say whether that'd be better, but I couldn't really see where it would've either. Shit was flying around too fast to focus on much. Blah, blah, blah...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    It was kind of weird that it went from being totally a gimmicky kid's movie to the bad guys actually killing people, and blowing them up, or vaporizing them, or...
    So like the first one, it's misjudging its audience? The first one was almost certainly aimed at kids, action and plot wise, and then they throw in completely inappropriate gratuitous t*ts&ar$e footage, and 'comedy' scenes about masturbation. I don't get it. Miss out those stupid shots/scenes, and you have a super family friendly action flick, but with them, who exactly is it aimed at? My 8yr old loves to watch the film, but I'm only happy for him to do so if I'm there to skip one or two questionable (unecessary) scenes.

Have they done the same with the third one then?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So like the first one, it's misjudging its audience? The first one was almost certainly aimed at kids, action and plot wise, and then they throw in completely inappropriate gratuitous t*ts&ar$e footage, and 'comedy' scenes about masturbation. I don't get it. Miss out those stupid shots/scenes, and you have a super family friendly action flick, but with them, who exactly is it aimed at? My 8yr old loves to watch the film, but I'm only happy for him to do so if I'm there to skip one or two questionable (unecessary) scenes.

Have they done the same with the third one then?
    But would your 8 year-old even understand those scenes - particularly the 'comedy wanking' scene?

It's like Ghostbusters - the movie I saw during my childhood was one thing, and then re-watching it after a long time away from it as a 21 year old was a totally different experience where I realised just how many rude jokes are in there ... mind you, it's a tad more subtle than Transformers could dream of being.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But would your 8 year-old even understand those scenes - particularly the 'comedy wanking' scene?
    I think it, and a couple of other scenes, are inappropriate for an 8-10yr old IMHO. But my main issue, is it's not just inappropriate and unnecessary, but the screen time could have been put to far better use (especially for the age group being targetted).

Maybe I'm just a prude! I noticed in The Goonies there's some very unnecessary strong language in it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan