Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiderman reboot is go...

Administrator

England

Spiderman reboot is go...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Chris...son-22146.html

Guess this will be instead of Spider Man 4
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The spiderman reboot has been "go" for a long time, man. Everyone's cast and they're already shooting....

United States
    This just seems silly to me.

They just made the Spider-Man films less than a decade ago. What's next, are they going to re-re-boot "Batman" yet again?

This isn't the silliest thing I've heard recently though. Apparently, they are talking about doing a re-boot of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" WITHOUT any involvement from Joss Whedon or anything to do with his version of "Buffy" at all -- a complete re-start. When I saw this I just laughed, it's one of the most ridiculous film decisions I've ever heard.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 10-Dec-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    What's next, are they going to re-re-boot "Batman" yet again?
    10 years from now? Quite possibly.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I keep reading this thread as "Spider Robot is Go".

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    They just made the Spider-Man films less than a decade ago. What's next, are they going to re-re-boot "Batman" yet again?
    Most likely. After the next film, The Dark Knight Rises(I think that's such a silly title), Nolan, Bale, and likely everyone else will be leaving. So they'll either have to hang up the cape and cowl for a while, hire a new team and continue as if there was no change, or reboot. I'm hoping they just give it a rest. Which looks like a real possibility now that DC is finally giving their other characters some big screen lovin'.

This Spiderman reboot is continuing the strange trend of hiring red heads to play blondes, and blondes to play red heads.

That's Zombieland's Emma Stone playing Gwen Stacy. Last protrayed by Bryce Dallas Howard in Spiderman 3. WTF?
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Dec-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: .

United States
    The "Spider Man" films are generally pretty good, so I'll probably Netflix this when it comes out -- it just seems awfully sudden to be doing a re-boot so early. This could lead to alot of people shaking their head in confusion as in: "Huh? That's not Spider-Man!" -- just seems like it's a little early to be doing a re-boot already.

Of course, "Spider Man" is a cash cow -- that's all the studios, obviously, have cared about for some time. Quality and content is secondary (like say, oh, telling an original story as opposed to do another remake/re-boot of a pre-existing franchise).

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    as a lifelong fan of spider-man, i am totally against another series of films coming out so soon. the first two were "amazing", but the third was quite a let down, but even with it's minor flaws, we just had a whole fucking trilogy of spidey-films in the last nine years or so. goddamn hollywood greed beating another property into the dirt....

regardless, they just did these films a few years back, this is just a cash-grab by sony and i'm having no part in it, other than to bitch about how unnecessary the whole thing is.

and even if i did give a shit, i'm pretty let down by them hiring emma stone as gwen stacy. while she's supposedly a natural blonde, that's not the point. i think she's way overrated and not that attractive at all...while i wouldn't kick her out of the sack, she's got a big old round moon face and her voice is gross-sounding....seems like all sony is doing with this one is hiring big, recognizable actors to bring in more money. fuck sony, fuck this reboot, fuck marvel, fuck superhero films. i really hope this thing is a big let-down at the box-office and they decide to let spider-man just chill for a while.

EDIT: judging by that pic bass posted, looks like ms. stone is doing the hollywood thing and skipping meals to be thin. doesn't matter, her voice still sounds like shit and i think she's overrated beyond belief.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 10-Dec-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: ............................................................................

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

As for the Spiderman films - While I enjoyed all three on various levels, I don't mind a new series. They were good, especially the second, but they didn't really leave a lasting impression with me. And on top of that, I didn't like whats-his-name that played Peter. Something about his baby face and voice just always pissed me off. And that was BEFORE the whole Spiderman 3 face gifs all over the net.

Hopefully Garfield can pull off a better Parker/Spidey. And I really liked 500 Days of Summer, so hopefully the director can pull it off.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Dec-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think this seems dumb. We had three awesome films in the last year. This is just like Sony saying "Sam, you're films were crap, and now we´re gonna re-do them".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    HERE is the first look at the new Spidey.

Looks like spiderman to me. Not too different but at the same time not too similar.
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Jan-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: .

United States
    see, this is why you're my fave ZFE, jason. always helping keep us up-to-date on these sort of things.

as for the pic, i understand that they can't get spidey's mask to show emotions, but seriously, the main draw of this film is spider-man, not peter parker and his feelings. still sayin "fuck this movie with a rusty screwdriver".

United Kingdom
    Emma Stone...? I'm in.
    Kill 'em All

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    HERE is the first look at the new Spidey.

Looks like spiderman to me. Not too different but at the same time not too similar.

gloves kinda make me worry, somehow they seem to signify a more drastic core change than rouths costume in superman returns. I know there trying to give this an ultimate spiderman vibe but sill, the costume seems off.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    gloves kinda make me worry, somehow they seem to signify a more drastic core change than rouths costume in superman returns.
    Speaking of the gloves, did you notice the bumps on his wrists? Maybe they're ditching the organic web shooters?