Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globe nomination for WD

England
    I've never watched any of Uwe Bollocks or Rob Zombies efforts...but I suspect they would make "Diary" look like the greatest movie of all time...

Just dl'd "Flight of the Living Dead" though...probably give it a spin later on.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've said it many times before and I'll continue to defend it as long as it takes.....The Devil's Rejects is the shiz-nit.

The remake of Halloween is also better than the original. So suck on THAT!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've said it many times before and I'll continue to defend it as long as it takes.....The Devil's Rejects is the shiz-nit.

I'll back you up all the way on that one Bass.

I had zero reverence for the original series. I think they are the worst of the "Big 3" slasher films by far. (Freddy, Jason, Meyers)

The new halloween along with TDR and House of 1,000 corpses are sick, brutal films. Right up my alley.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    GTFOH
    I hope that some kind of inside joke
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No joke, hombre. And as you can already see...i'm not alone.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    GTFOH
    I hope that some kind of inside joke
    Kidgloves, I know exactly how you feel. If you hear someone say something as idiotic as the remake of Halloween is better than the original, just consider the source.

Dying

United States
    As much as I enjoyed The Walking Dead, it's going to need something of a miracle to win the award. It was good and all, but this season of Dexter was one of the strongest in the series' history. I wasn't all that impressed with Mad Men this year so I'd bet that The Walking Dead gets more votes than that, but frankly Dexter deserves the award and I hope that it wins.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    As much as I enjoyed The Walking Dead, it's going to need something of a miracle to win the award.
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect TWD to win much of anything. It's more of a "just to be nominated" show. Maybe the effects categories, but that would just be because the competition is so slim....
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Dec-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Fan # 1: This genre is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions !
    Gar: What do you mean, "biblical"?
    Fan # 2: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Romero, real wrath of God type stuff.
    Fan # 1: Exactly.
    Fan # 3: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
    Fan # 1: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
    Fan # 2: The dead rising from the grave!
    Fan # 3: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    You just gave Bass-y a GB-gasm.

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Lol!

On topic: only one, albeit prestigious, nomination?
    No love for Demunn or Lincoln? Too bad. They really stand out.

@AcesandEights : you want intellectually irredeemable horror? Go watch Uwe Boll Now that shit is dumb!
    Agreed & agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Just dl'd "Flight of the Living Dead" though...probably give it a spin later on.
    I actually LIKED that one. Not great in an artistic sense, but a fun fun albeit cliched zombie movie that surprised me with how well it was done (budget/FX wise)

Hafta find it first.

Last edited by MoonSylver; 16-Dec-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: wouldn't YOU like to know?

Undisclosed
    Ok. Devil's rejects and its predecessor ARE very gorey, fun horror films.
    You can't be serious? We are talking about the same remake right? The one where the Michael Myers character gets this awful backstory sucking all mystery out of the character? The one devoid of all suspense? You need to rewatch Carpenters original. Pay attention to the photography, the way Carpenter builds suspense is Hitchcock worthy IMO. One of the best horror films of all time me thinks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Hafta find it first.

You know what they say....It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    You can't be serious? We are talking about the same remake right? The one where the Michael Myers character gets this awful backstory sucking all mystery out of the character? The one devoid of all suspense? You need to rewatch Carpenters original. Pay attention to the photography, the way Carpenter builds suspense is Hitchcock worthy IMO. One of the best horror films of all time me thinks.
    Do we really need every member of the board to ask the same question because a few people have an opinion that differs from most horror fanboys? I've already said it....yes I'm serious. I don't need to rewatch anything. Carpenter's best horror film was The Thing and Halloween doesn't even come close. I prefer the backstory Zombie gave to the story. Although a white trash backstory, at least it gave the story some weight. Carpenter's original isn't necessarily bad, but it's very overrated, imho.

God forbid someone has an opinion of their own that differs from the majority.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Dec-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Do we really need every member of the board to ask the same question because a few people have an opinion that differs from most horror fanboys? I've already said it....yes I'm serious. I don't need to rewatch anything. Carpenter's best horror film was The Thing and Halloween doesn't even come close. I prefer the backstory Zombie gave to the story. Although a white trash backstory, at least it gave the story some weight. Carpenter's original isn't necessarily bad, but it's very overrated, imho.

God forbid someone has an opinion of their own that differs from the majority.
    and you are telling that to someone who has been virulently attacked for liking survival? ;-)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not sure about you being attacked, but you wouldn't differ from the majority around here on that topic. Check out the poll on Survival and you'll see that most people here like it to some extent.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Dec-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    I'm not sure about you being attacked, but you wouldn't differ from the majority around here on that topic. Check out the poll on Survival and you'll see that most people here like it to some extent.
    Yeah. Not attacked. Virulently disagreed with by a very vocal minority. It's all good you know. That's what we are here for no?
    Last edited by krisvds; 16-Dec-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Halloween remake bashers front of Judea

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

You should have left it a TDR being the shiz-nit. You ruined a perfectly good comment by adding that his remake of Halloween is better. I have a feeling Lou may come in here with a wadded up newspaper and slap you on the nose with it and say "Bad Bassman, Bad"

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*