Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golden Globe nomination for WD

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I got you're back bass.

What can we say. It's also inexplicable to me how anyone can like land, but they do.

That's just their taste. What can i say, a seven foot tall slutty mom having MM just works for us.

Last edited by darth los; 16-Dec-2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Muldooooooooooooooooooon!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You should have left it a TDR being the shiz-nit. You ruined a perfectly good comment by adding that his remake of Halloween is better. I have a feeling Lou may come in here with a wadded up newspaper and slap you on the nose with it and say "Bad Bassman, Bad"

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I got you're back bass
    *charges into the room with wadded up newspaper clenched in fist, sweating, hyperventilating*

All right, who brought up that goddamn piece of shit remake of Halloween??

*points newspaper at bassman*

Was it you?

*turns and points newspaper at darth los*

YOU?!

That's it, everyone out of the pool! This party is over!

(TDR still rocks nuts though )

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Do I have to defend Land again?! Come on... look, it's the only GAR flick with skateboarding, it's got Dennis "Castrophony" Hopper, it's got Luigi from the Super Mario Bros. Movie, cheerleader zombie, Pretty Boy, "Stenches" (okay, not cool, but yeah....), explosions (a must!), and Dead Reckoning! Not to mention Simon Pegg cameo, and "You got fucked! Hahahakhakhak"! So yes... I like this film.

Undisclosed
    I like High School of the Dead more than TWD. Every episode had something to see.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Carpenter's best horror film was The Thing and Halloween doesn't even come close.
    The Thing his best film? I never saw it that way. Assault on Precinct 13 (granted I haven't seen this one in a while), and Starman seemed like better films than that one. Though, I'm not or think will ever be a fan of the remake and much prefer the original "The Thing from Another World" to it's more popular remake.

I prefer the backstory Zombie gave to the story. Although a white trash backstory, at least it gave the story some weight.
    BUT BUT BUT! NOT HAVING A BACKSTORY MADE HIM SCARIER!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    "You got fucked! Hahahakhakhak"!
    That guy was awesome.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The Thing his best film? I never saw it that way. Assault on Precinct 13 (granted I haven't seen this one in a while), and Starman seemed like better films than that one. Though, I'm not or think will ever be a fan of the remake and much prefer the original "The Thing from Another World" to it's more popular remake.
    Best horror film. Although IMO, it would also probably be Carpenter's best work all around. They Live a close second.

More often than not, I would agree with you on this. But Myers in the original is just a seven foot bafoon walking around killing teens for no reason, really. Sure, they give a small explanation about his past but it just didn't add up well enough to equal a gigantic mute with a William Shatner mask and an urge to kill. I felt like Zombie made it more believable and engaging. It gave you something to base the entire story on rather than teens, tits, and blood.

Like I said before....I'm not sayin Carpenter's original is garbage, it's just not as good as some make it out to be, imho.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Dec-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I felt like Zombie made it more believable and engaging. It gave you something to base the entire story on rather than teens, tits, and blood.
    So the white-trash angle made Michael Meyers more believeable to you? Are you serious dude?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    So the white-trash angle made Michael Meyers more believeable to you? Are you serious dude?
    Yup. While I agree that the white trash stuff was over the top, it's still believable. Look at psychos of the past. Most of them come from broken homes just like Myers in the remake.

Is it really SOOO hard to believe that someone likes the remake over the original? There are people out there that hail Dawn04 as the greatest zombie movie ever, for fucks sake!
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Dec-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Yup. While I agree that the white trash stuff was over the top, it's still believable. Look at psychos of the past. Most of them come from broken homes just like Myers in the remake.

Is it really SOOO hard to believe that someone likes the remake over the original? There are people out there that hail Dawn04 as the greatest zombie movie ever, for fucks sake!
    That crap wasn't belileveable, it was exactly as you said: over the top - making it completely unbelieveable in the process. What made Michael creepy was that he was from a middle class home with middle class parents in a middle class neighborhood. You didn't expect him to go full-tilt-psycho. In the remake, it would've been more shocking if he became a graduate of Harvard rather than a psycho.

It's not so hard to believe, it's the reasons for liking it that are hard to believe for me.

Dying

United States
    Oh god, Rob Zombies Halloween better than John Carpenters? Now all I gotta hear is that Dawn '04 was bett....no, no, something far worse. I gotta hear the Day of the Dead remake with Vhing Rhames is better than the original Day. THEN my head will explode.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Oh god, Rob Zombies Halloween better than John Carpenters? Now all I gotta hear is that Dawn '04 was bett....no, no, something far worse. I gotta hear the Day of the Dead remake with Vhing Rhames is better than the original Day. THEN my head will explode.
    The Star War prequels are just as, good as the originals! :-X

Dying

United States

United States
    Somebody get me my rolled-up newspaper again! I have some swattin' to do!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tell that to the dude with the kitchen knife rammed through his skull.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"