Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Two Predictions (*spoilers from comic book*)

Aaland

Question Season Two Predictions (*spoilers from comic book*)

List your season two of The Walking Dead predictions and what you would like to see in the next season.

As for me I'd like to see what became of Merle Dixon, I also wonder where the group will head next, possibly Fort Benning?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I predict Merle Dixon will become "The Governor".

I would like to see the actress that plays Lori lose her constant look of surprise.

I'd also like to see it follow the book(s) more closely.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I predict it won't air at all because the network is trying to ruin it in favor of Rubicon.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Dec-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Do I want to know what this "Rubicon" is?
    I really want Merle to show up, yeah... That better happen!
    2D: I'm reminded of that Sparks sonk... y'know, "I Predict"!
    Russel: D, let the man talk. Sorry about that, please, continue.
    Thanks Russel. Where was I? Oh yeah, I also think there will be more zombie attacks, and more deaths... sure hope nothing bad happens to Glen, though... everyone else, I don't really care much about.
    Murdoc: Yeah, why is that? Y'know... you got some weird Oriental fetish? 'sthat it?
    Yeah... yeah, Muds, "oriental"... where's Noodle? She needs to come in here and kick your ass...

United States
    Possibly some spoilers for comic fans

I predict that there will be a lot of Death, and that the remaining "non-comic characters will meet gruesome ends to help push even further just how much danger exists on the road.

I further predict that Merle will in fact return, we will learn that he removed or disabled the alarms at the camp, and it will be revealed in a scene where he pulls his brother aside to try and get him to assist him in killing the Living. I feel at this point his brother refuses to side with Merle based on getting to know the other survivors and Merle might even kill his own brother.

I predict season two will have a showdown with Shane and Rick over Lori, and they end of season two will be them finding prison but not entering it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Do I want to know what this "Rubicon" is?
    It's a cancelled AMC show. I was just joking around with the fans who seem to think the year long wait between seasons is an attempt by AMC to ruin TWD...

Anyway....all joking aside I think the second season is going to be tricky. Darbont confirmed three things in that EW article. Tyrese, Michonne, and the prison. Tyrese is easy because he could show up in the first episode during the "on the road" segments. Michonne and the prison are two different situations, though. In the comics she shows up after the prison, but the prison happens after the gated community and Hershel's farm. So unless they make it to the prison in the last few episodes and Michonne enters as the season is coming to an end, I think she'll most likely be introduced before the prison. Somewhere around the community and farm, maybe? Or maybe the same time as Tyrese?

Then again....maybe they'll skip the community and farm. I REALLY hope not, but you never know.

Also as for Merle - Darabont says he'll be back next season. So if he IS the Governor....how does that work out? That's an awful lot of ground to cover in 13 episodes...
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Dec-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: .

United States
    considering that the governor doesn't appear till after they discover the prison and darabont has said that he imagines the prison will be discovered at the very end of season 2, i think it's gonna be at least season 3 before the governor shows up.

and i really wish all this conjecture about merle being the governor would stop. part of the governor's story (which i realize could be altered, but hopefully not this much) is that rick and his group who encounter the governor and woodbury are under the impression that they are welcomed and that the governor is a good leader. i really don't know which troll on the nets started this "merle is gunna be tha govner!!!!!!1" speculation, but i'd like to punch him in the fucking throat.

England
    I want to see an episode dedicated entirely to Merle and what happened to him after his touching speech on the roof. We partly know but I want to see it.
    Tyrese is an absolute must and so is Herschels farm. They can skip Wiltshire Estates because the reveal would be so obvious to the comic book fans it would lose dramatic tension. Or maybe they can do it as well as Amys death cause I didn't see that coming. It's been a long time since I read that part of the book.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Tyrese is an absolute must
    ^^^ This!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'd like to see Season 2 as the journey to the prison. Wilshire Estates for an ep or 2, meeting back up with Merle (and the consequences for both Daryl & T-Dog), whatever side-tracking they'll do in the process, and have them see the prison in the distance at the end of the season.

Saying that, I don't wanna even think about the Governor until the end of Season 3, or the beginning of Season 4.

***Spoiler:***

The Helicopter that Rick & Co follow to the Governor's town, could it be the same one that Rick saw in Ep 1?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I predict that at some point in season two someone will bring Gar into the discussion, offend others and get called a hater.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    ^^^ This!
    Yep. Without Tyrese you have no prison arc.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Hasn't Hershel's farm been confirmed? I'm sure an article by Gale or Darabont assured that it was gonna show up. I'll try to find it.
    Last edited by Doc; 15-Dec-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Mistake!

Undisclosed
    My predictions are based on two things: Season 1's pacing (pretty much the first 6 comics). And Darabont's relative faithfulness to the comic.
    -Merle who?
    -Due to the obvious gas a shortoage, the caravan shrinks to a logical and more managable size.
    -We see some on-the-road action and meet Allen and Donna as well as Tyreese, his daughter and her boyfriend.
    -We see some variation of Wiltshire Estates and T-Dog and Donna die.
    -We see the incident that leads to Hershels farm.
    -Hershel's farm and freakishly large family.
    -We see the helicopter again.
    -The Rick/Lori/Shane plays out.
    -Glenn gets laid.
    -Snow!
    -The group find the prison.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kirkman: Michonne? YES. Governor? NO.

http://scifipulse.net/?p=39530

He also says that he intends to start bringing certain characters from the show into the comic series. Daryl in particular.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jan-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: .