Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of forums do we want this to be?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Sounds like you don't like internet forums guy.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Ah, I'm honored. It's a great fedora. I have to beat all the ladies off with sticks when I wear it out in public.
    motherfuck fedoras, trilby was here, being all around classier. you jus' jelly.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    "This has nothing to do with jelly!" - Zim
    Fedoras are cool... my sister's friend has one... and dam, is she sexy int...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    This thread just got creepy.

fuck it, i'm out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ain't nothin out of the ordinary for dis place, baby

Last edited by bassman; 28-Dec-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    I seen this before, good forums with lots of cool discussions get bogged down with "social butterflies" using every chance to snipe at anyone or anything they don't like. Drowning out any interesting points in lame jokes or just endless repeats.

Also intervening in threads with jokes about things said in other threads to make thing said there look silly, instead of... You know having an actual argument for why its silly and post it in the original thread.
    Its like the people in question just act like jerks so they don't have to do any actual debating.
    word. i don't post on this forum much anymore and i'll make no secret of why: many of you are incapable of discussing anything over the 2d grade level.

jokes have their place, without a doubt, but that place is not 4 or 5 posts into a thread where someone is trying to start what could be an interesting, relatively serious discussion. that is nothing but bullshit and a completely childish attempt at attention - the class clown syndrome - "i don't have anything relevant to say, so i'll try to show how funny i am". it is mildly cute in elementary school but fucking shocking when it is repetitive behavior from an adult.

most of the god damn memes and pics add zero to the discussion and are nothing more than a completely juvenile attempt at derailing threads in an effort to look "funny."

now i patiently wait for some fuckwit (yes, you are a fuckwit if you fall for it) to come along and post the inevitably puerile pic.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Must.... resist....

How do I escape this diabolically baited post !?!

If I can just reach my utility belt!
    Last edited by darth los; 04-Jan-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Jd's hat.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wow, puerile... haven't heard that before... I'm impressed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Mike hates the world these days, you guys didn't know that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Mike hates the world these days, you guys didn't know that?
    nah. just frustrated with the seeming descent into kindergarten this place has taken in the last 6 months or so. things seem to a bit better now, but there was a long stretch there when one couldn't avoid a visit from the kiddie patrol in each and every thread.

if that is the kind of board you guys want, then fine by me. like i said before, jokes and funny pics have their place. that place shouldn't be derailing 90% of the threads because certain posters want to act that this an internet romper room. a lot of what has gone on here recently is asinine.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Fair enough. Me? I would rather have a few laughs thrown into threads rather than the same old "Gosh I want the zombie armageddon to become a reality so I can thrive with my bad ass gun skills and live forever because i'm the coolest guy on the planet!1!". We've heard every scenario, we've heard the ideas, we've heard it all.

And if you want to talk about asinine, how about the level of complaining lately? Sheesh. If someone finds this place so unbearable....well....the door is over there. The internet is a big place...
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Jan-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    And if you want to talk about asinine, how about the level of complaining lately? Sheesh. If someone finds this place so unbearable....well....the door is over there. The internet is a big place...
    rational complaints are never asinine. people probably complain because they enjoy (or enjoyed) coming here and don't care for what has been going down lately. laughs are good but sometimes, it is simply too much or taken too far. things are funny once or twice but rapidly move into the territory of the juvenile when done over and over and over again.

if you want to try to show how funny you are use the shoutbox.
    Last edited by Mike70; 04-Jan-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: a

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It is asinine when you consider it won't change a thing. If you don't like it, stop visiting. If you would like to still visit and don't want anything humorous in your threads, ask a mod to delete it. They will generally delete the post or the entire thread if the creator asks them to.

Complaining about things not going your way is just like crying for attention. Might as well roll out the soap box...

Administrator

England
    Bass, your not a mod and you dont speak for us so stop telling people to leave.

Mike, if you want a serious topic without jokes, create one and say explicitly in your first post that you dont want it derailed. Then if it is derailed and mod spots it, the offending posts will be removed. I did put that in the FAQ along time ago too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not specifically telling him to leave. Just that he doesn't have to stay around if he doesn't like the forums. By all means, I want mike to stay. I like the guy...

United States
    I think there needs to be a lot more Paxil and Prozac prescribed to people in this thread! (just to be clear, so no one interprets that wrong, that was a joke)

It's an internet message board. Things get weird sometimes, and it will go through phases of strangeness, intenseness, etc. It happens, and it doesn't stay that way forever, so just step back (I didn't say "leave" - lets not go there) 'till there's a good opportunity to jump back in. It's not really that hard. Shit man, I left HPotD for over a year because I was annoyed at what was going on - but, I took a step back, collected myself, and returned at a later time when things settled down.

The REAL problem with ALL forums are the know-it-alls, people with no tact/common courtesy or conversation skills that interrupt threads with such stupidity that it can't help but derail everything. If people post pics and it gets on your nerves - ignore them, it's a nice little feature this board has. I, myself, have purposely created threads in the lounge (the "bacon" and "lou's gallery of weirdness" threads) for pics only, and have tried to keep them all there. I like posting pics and memes, but I don't want to piss all over other people's threads doing so (unless it's relevant to the conversation), hence, why I created those threads to let people just go nuts with them and keep them out of other threads. I realized I myself was getting a bit out of hand with it, so I reigned it in and relegated it (mostly) to those two threads.

Discussions are great, sometimes intense - but that's part of the fun. However, busting into a thread like you know everything and everyone else doesn't know shit - yeah, that's annoying as all hell and something I wish would go away on ALL forums (again, not just this one).

I'll be honest - the only issue I have here at HPotD is you fuckers don't post enough. I sit here at work, check the board at 9am, post... come back 3 hours later and there's like 2 new posts. Don't make me start another "I have shamed myself" thread to get you bozos talkin'!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 04-Jan-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: BACON!