Thread: City Limits

United States

City Limits

This is my first non-LD contribution to the site. While I don't suppose it to be my best work posted here, I do confess that it is my favorite.

I've been a long time fan of the pulp genre and tried very hard to give this particular story that same gritty feel. (Although I don't generally like doing stories in the first person POV as I feel its cheatingly easy )

I'm hoping for feedback on this story via this thread or in the author comments, as I would really like to rewrite it someday. I'd love to flesh it out a bit, and make it longer (although it felt right when I was writing it). I like Cross, and would like to do more with his character, I'm just not sure what...

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy.

Dying

United States
    Sorry it took me so long to read it, the holiday season has been a killer.

I genuinely enjoyed the story, and I gave it a 9/10. Frankly I think the fact that it's got about an average of a 7 rating while I write this is kind of a crock, and I don't think that some people that rated it actually understood what you're going for. Gritty, fast-paced, a bit bleak...I liked it.

I will say, though, that I didn't really get a Sin City vibe from it as the description stated. That's not a bad thing, mind you. It had its own distinctive voice. My only gripe was that it felt a tad too short. Beyond that, great read.