Thread: The hobo with a golden voice

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The hobo with a golden voice

This is a homeless man in Columbus that has a rather strange cardboard "help" sign...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is a homeless man in Columbus that has a rather strange cardboard "help" sign...
    WOW! That dude really DOES have a "golden voice" - someone needs to give this dude a job in radio or TV v/o IMMEDIATELY!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 04-Jan-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: bacon voice

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    My sentiments exactly! Good find bass, totally neat.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy crapola, it worked. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...a58vOf1n4MuToJ

"The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!," repeated a stunned Williams, 71, on local radio station WNCI.

A caller to the show who said she represented the Cavs offered Williams, who shot to stardom after local newspaper the Columbus Dispatch on Monday posted video of his perfectly-pitched panhandling, a full-time job doing voiceover work for the team and parent company and a free home in Cleveland.
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Jan-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Fuckin' A! FINALLY a "happy ending" for a story about a homeless dude down on his luck. GOOD FOR HIM! and kudos to the Cleveland Cavaliers who took the chance and hired the guy!

...and I bet it's all because of that video that was posted. Good on the guy who filmed that on the street, too. He just saved this dudes life from spiraling down the drain I bet. AWESOME!

Thanks for the followup, bassman!

England
    That guy should be working on "Garrison Keillor's" radio show, he'd fit perfectly with the format and mood.

Good luck to him anyway.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wow, this is wonderful news! Nice to know that sometimes things do work out.
    "I'm glad it had a happy ending after all."
    "Me too." - The Tallest, Invader Zim

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Congrats to him... Glad it did work out he does have a great voice.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Pretty damn awesome

United Kingdom
    I was watching this dude yesterday on youtube, what a voice. I'm glad things worked out for him, he seemed really sincere, he even had my wife shed a tear at his story.
    Kill 'em All

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Fuckin' A! FINALLY a "happy ending" for a story about a homeless dude down on his luck. GOOD FOR HIM! and kudos to the Cleveland Cavaliers who took the chance and hired the guy!

...and I bet it's all because of that video that was posted. Good on the guy who filmed that on the street, too. He just saved this dudes life from spiraling down the drain I bet. AWESOME!

Thanks for the followup, bassman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    I was watching this dude yesterday on youtube, what a voice. I'm glad things worked out for him, he seemed really sincere, he even had my wife shed a tear at his story.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aUeE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAcIFIASiI4

Here's an update.

Man what a story

I got all choked up as well. With all the crooks in this country that never go to jail it's nice to see the little guy finally get his.

This guy is an inspiration. He persevered, cleaned himself up and used the talent god gave him to pull himself up by his bootstraps.

What's more american than that?

I got choked up by this as well. If this didn't touch you you should be checked out to see if you have a heart.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"