Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Member Awards

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Kind of like the way you're not the only one that thought the remake of Halloween was superior to the original?

Again, I post my opinion because it's the way I feel about something. You respond by saying that it's designed to "stir up trouble". No, it's not. It's designed to state my opinion and you, and some others, don't agree with it. What would you like to see happen to those who disagree with you, bassman? Have their opinions removed or have them removed? That's not very nice or mature, is it?

Believe me, I certainly don't mind having others out there disagree with me. It's boring when everyone thinks exactly the same. DubiousComforts is someone that I respect a great deal and he and I couldn't be further apart on our political views. But we understand how to respectfully disagree on certain things without it getting nasty.

After fighting cancer this year, there's not much that truly bothers me anymore. There's certainly a lot more to life than what someone on a message board thinks about you, especially when that person or those persons don't really know you or know anything about you.

Now, back to my question that you didn't answer. If I stop contributing interviews for the website, does that ensure that I will be "bounced" from here?
    Sorry to hear about your cancer issue, but that doesn't change the fact you're a DICK.

Lee, the only time you CONTRIBUTE is to brag about a new interview or the fact you landed screeners from AMC, when you post in other topics it is with a snide tone and the ultimate goal of stirring up trouble. This is why a lot of people don't like you. While you may have friends outside of HPOTD, I am sure those on here who are friends with you.... is a very small number. If you didn't come off some goddamn arrogant and elitist you may not have brought down the wrath you have gotten, especially from me.

I don't like you because you act like a dick. Not in a joking way, but ina total I am dick and proud of it way.

When you chimed into Lou's thread you could have worded it differently, or made hinted at what you wanted to say a different way, but obviously you're oblivious to sarcasm and humor. Were you not hugged as a child?

Anyway, Cancer issue aside, which I hope you overcome, bad blood between us or not I don't like to think of losing anyone to cancer... even if I can't fucking stand them, it is a terrible and brutal disease/illness... However, cancer aside, you're still a dick, and until you change your ways you can bet I will be all over you like fleas on a chicken.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 31-Dec-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: SPELLING
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Sorry to hear about your cancer issue, but that doesn't change the fact you're a DICK.

Lee, the only time you CONTRIBUTE is to brag about a new interview or the fact you landed screeners from AMC, when you post in other topics it is with a snide tone and the ultimate goal of stirring up trouble. This is why a lot of people don't like you. While you may have friends outside of HPOTD, I am sure those on here who are friends with you.... is a very small number. If you didn't come off some goddamn arrogant and elitist you may not have brought down the wrath you have gotten, especially from me.

I don't like you because you act like a dick. Not in a joking way, but ina total I am dick and proud of it way.

When you chimed into Lou's thread you could have worded it differently, or made hinted at what you wanted to say a different way, but obviously you're oblivious to sarcasm and humor. Were you not hugged as a child?

Anyway, Cancer issue aside, which I hope you overcome, bad blood between us or not I don't like to think of losing anyone to cancer... even if I can't fucking stand them, it is a terrible and brutal disease/illness... However, cancer aside, you're still a dick, and until you change your ways you can bet I will be all over you like fleas on a chicken.
    Gary, thanks for the somewhat kind thoughts. I guess?

Anyway, how about this? Since the new year is here, what if we make a concerted effort to avoid nasty squabbles? That doesn't mean that we can't have major differences of opinions, but that we just agree to disagree. What do you think about that?

United States
    That's what SHE said!!!

.... is my offering for best quote. And the winner is... ALL OF YOU!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    But we understand how to respectfully disagree on certain things without it getting nasty.
    That's all anyone wants here, man. Of course people have different opinions. The difference is in what manner you convey those opinions. I've tried repeatedly in the past to clear things up with you, but then you come in with name-calling and rude remarks that just aren't necessary. You've even gone as far as to insult me in threads in which I haven't addressed you at all. It's just the way you go about it.

By all means....have any opinion you like. Gary and I HIGHLY disagree with each other on Land and Dawn04, but we don't result to calling names. Same with Lou and the Halloween thing. It's just that they handle it in a kinder "tone" while you generally come in with insulting words like "idiotic".

The last thing I want on a message board is drama. I come here to escape the bullshit drama of every day life. It's meant to be a fun time. And I think your idea of turning over a new leaf is GREAT. Let's see if we can do that.

And as always....sorry about the cancer scare. Hopefully everything will work out well for you.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I've not been perfect with these scenarios either. I've made some poor choices in words when the debates have been heated and I need to keep myself in check, as well.
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Dec-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's all anyone wants here, man. Of course people have different opinions. The difference is in what manner you convey those opinions. I've tried repeatedly in the past to clear things up with you, but then you come in with name-calling and rude remarks that just aren't necessary. You've even gone as far as to insult me in threads in which I haven't addressed you at all. It's just the way you go about it.

By all means....have any opinion you like. Gary and I HIGHLY disagree with each other on Land and Dawn04, but we don't result to calling names. Same with Lou and the Halloween thing. It's just that they handle it in a kinder "tone" while you generally come in with insulting words like "idiotic".

The last thing I want on a message board is drama. I come here to escape the bullshit drama of every day life. It's meant to be a fun time. And I think your idea of turning over a new leaf is GREAT. Let's see if we can do that.

And as always....sorry about the cancer scare. Hopefully everything will work out well for you.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I've not been perfect with these scenarios either. I've made some poor choices in words when the debates have been heated and I need to keep myself in check, as well.
    Sounds good, bassman. I think we can learn to live with one another pretty easily, to be honest...and thanks also for the well wishes.

United States
    I'm not trying to cause more shit out of this dilemma but I figured a thread of this type would cause some shit. Which is one of the reasons why I withheld my opinion. The other two reaons being I'm still a novice to these forums and my only nomination would have been for the The Rhodes Award but seeing how it appears to be a dick award, my nomination didn't fit the catagory being a half pussy half asshole. We'll just call him a passhole.

Winning the Dick award isn't sooooo bad...

See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit! - Guy in Bar from Team America
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 31-Dec-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Remember Dicks fuck Assholes!

Super Moderator

United States
    Guys, let's leave this thread for it's intended purpose and not continue to turn it into a means to air personal grievances, flame/bait fellow members etc.

You have PMs to contact fellow members if you feel the need to reach out to them or you could just use the ignore feature if civility is somehow beyond your ability, either way, stop monopolizing this thread for the negative.

Happy New Year!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Best Male Member: me, i think i am hilarious.
    Best Female Member: chic, same as last year.
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member: bassman, search nazi and ghostbusters fetishism and all.
    Best Staff Member: Aces, going to the new guy.
    Favourite American: Tough one this year, gonna go with JDFP because he obviously enjoys his country a lot and proves there are still conservative americans who can be just that and not opinionated d-bags all the time and thats nice to see. especially on the internet
    Favourite Brit: mz hands down. even if hes the easy mode brit
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by): Brett, no explanation needed there.
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned): Brett again.
    The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member) bassman, "First he came for the people who didn't use the search function when first visiting the site, and we did nothing..."
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) THXLEO
    Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote) Too many to pick this year.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Best Male Member: me, i think i am hilarious.
    Best Female Member: chic, same as last year.
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member: bassman, search nazi and ghostbusters fetishism and all.

Favourite Brit: mz hands down. even if hes the easy mode brit
    1&2 -
    3 - hey, I've gotta have a "hook" to be memorable, right?

Easy Mode ftw!

Administrator

England
    Well if i was going to count up everyones votes and decide a winner id probably disqualify you all becuase it clearly states the only rule is your not allowed to vote for yourself.

So i suppose the winner is me seeing as ned voted for me and the rest of you are disqualified?

GO ME!

United States
    been away for a while, for various reasons. if anyone cares, i'm gonna put my votes in for this:

fave male: moon
    fave female: debs
    fave ZFE: bassman
    fave brit: MZ
    fave american: JP/darth (toss up)
    wish you'd come back: moon (fuck the haters, bro, you made me laugh multiple times daily and i miss your funny hi-jinks)
    wish they'd let you back: brett

special nods must go to billray and DJ, both of who i met in person and found to be very cool cats and lee for his interviews with TWD cast/crew for the site.

happy new year to all.

United States
    Thanks for the votes well those who voted for me. I haven't been around cause of my medical issues which are too boring to really mention.
    My vote would for each category all of you! So, count that you each got a vote from me.
    Happy New Year to you all!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Well if i was going to count up everyones votes and decide a winner id probably disqualify you all becuase it clearly states the only rule is your not allowed to vote for yourself.

So i suppose the winner is me seeing as ned voted for me and the rest of you are disqualified?

GO ME!

Too damn funny.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Guys, let's leave this thread for it's intended purpose and not continue to turn it into a means to air personal grievances, flame/bait fellow members etc.

You have PMs to contact fellow members if you feel the need to reach out to them or you could just use the ignore feature if civility is somehow beyond your ability, either way, stop monopolizing this thread for the negative.

Happy New Year!

Is this Aces the member speaking or Aces the moderator speaking?

I ask because based on your answer... the alteration to my behavior
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Canada
    Hey, I know you.