Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Member Awards

United States

2010 Member Awards

No one else has started it yet (Ahem, Andy???), so I figured... shit, let's do it.

Here's a direct quote from Andy on how it works from last year's member awards:

2009 member awards

We've do this on a couple of forums, thought id give it a try here, all you have to do is nominate whoever you like for each catergory, ill count up the nominations and see who wins. You dont need to vote in every catergory, just the ones you want to and feel free to invent some catergories of your own, and remember its all just abit of fun of course.

One rule, your not allowed to nominate yourself.

Nomation Catergories :

Best Male Member
    Best Female Member
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member
    Best Staff Member
    Favourite American
    Favourite Brit
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by)
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned)
    The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member)
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member)
    Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote)
    I have a few I'm going to go with here...

Best Male Member: Wyldwraith: The man has the best freaking posts here. His posts are always insightful and full of considered ideas. He keeps things fascinating.

Best Female Member: Wait, we have women here? Are they allowed?

Best ZFE Member: Bassman. He's like the Times Square in New York. It wouldn't be HPotD without him here.

Best Staff Member: Cap... err, Andy.

Wish you'd come back award: Arcades. Very rarely posts, but they are always interesting posts when done.

The Rhodes Award: DubiousComforts: Because Leo is too easy and Dub always gets people going -- which is always entertaining. I give him major kudos too because he always makes me think (and I'd imagine everyone too).

Best meme's/images: Minionzombie: No explanation needed.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more, but damnit.. it's time to get this ball rolling...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

UK
    Moon's memes/images are better than mine, no doubt. Lou and Moon really spur each other on too, hehe.

I'll have a go at this, just off the top of my head, like.

Best Male Member: Bassman (for his Ghostbusters love), Moon (for his meme-tastic-ness), and Lou (for the bacon)

Best Female Member: Chic or Debs

Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member: Me, motherfuckers, I've got the most posts!

Best Staff Member: Aces (the new boy, so I'm showing some love)

Favourite American: Lou (again, for the bacon)

Favourite Brit: Aside from myself, because I simply am so awesome, I'll go for ... Tricky or KidGloves or LoSTBoY

Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by): I think last year I said Lou, and that worked, so I'm all tapped out.

The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member): DubiousComforts, but not for being a dick, just for getting a real rowdy forum zombie discussion going on.

Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote): I never keep track of these things, but there's one in my signature.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Moon's memes/images are better than mine, no doubt. Lou and Moon really spur each other on too, hehe.
    Moon is the master, I'm just the padawan. Speaking of which, where's Moon been lately? I miss him. He's my brother from another mother.

Best Male Member: I'm going with a three-way (giggity) with this one: Bassman, Moon & Darth Los - bassman always stings me with zingers which I so rightfully deserve and own wholeheartedly not to mention he's always a good conversationalist in every way and isn't afraid to jump into any topic. Darth never fails to entertain me with every single post he makes... and Moon? Well, I could speak volumes about Moon, but we're just going to leave it at "he rocks" - period.

Best Female Member: Chic or Debs (MZ said the same thing, and I agree with him)

Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member: *sigh* I guess I'll have to vote for MZ... j/k, he deserves this one.

Best Staff Member: ALL OF THEM - for putting up with my shit on an almost daily basis and not kicking me to the curb. These guys all deserve Nobel Prizes for dealing with the likes of me.

Favourite American: I'm going with bassman or Aces on this one. Sorry, can't just pick one.

Favourite Brit: MZ, FTW!

Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by): I'm not sure who disappeared recently or in the past year, so I can't really comment. One thing I'd like to warn ALL the members about: Last year, MZ nominated me for this catagory, and look what happened. Let that be a lesson: Be careful who you vote for, because sometimes... they come back! (did you see what I just did there? )

The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member): I think we all know who should REALLY win this catagory, but I'm not about to name names. Not to mention I think "antagonistic" is too weak of a word.

Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote): MZ comes up with so many hilarious fucking quotes, there's no way I could possibly just post one. Lets just say he wins this shit hands down. I've said it before, I'll say it again - the mofo has a serious way with words, and is a master at the hilarious, quotable posts (for an example, go see the "itchy balls" post by Dj a few months back.. *snicker*). Dj comes up with some good zingers too, but I think MZ pretty much sweeps the catagory here.

That is all.

PS - BACON!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 30-Dec-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: bacon, dammit!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Best Male Member: I like Mikes'. It's got both girth and leng-... Oh! I get it! Uhm. Still Mike?

Best Female Member: Debbie, though she's not around that much anymore.

Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member: Bassman?

Best Staff Member: Andy or Neil. I think Andy, but they are both nice. Sorry Neil.

Favourite American: Stalin.

Favourite Brit: Lenin.

Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by): Capn.

The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member): PJoseph.

The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) There hasn't been much drama here, so... I'm gonna go with.. Capn again... Sorry. Too soon?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Best Male Member: I like Mikes'. It's got both girth and leng-... Oh! I get it! Uhm. Still Mike?

Nuff said.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Best Male Member - Lou and Los
    Best Female Member - Although she's stopped coming by lately, I'm gonna have to say Debbie
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member - The man of Bass?
    Best Staff Member - Capn. No? MZ then.
    Favourite American - Moon and Prof
    Favourite Brit - MZ
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned) - Capn. Who else?
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) - Leo of course. We all know the reasons he's even still around...
    Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote) - DJ. "Asshole at large"
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Dec-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: .

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Best Male Member - THXLEO
    Best Female Member - THXLEO
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) ME, why cuz MZ voted for himself.
    Best Staff Member - ACES and Eights
    Favourite American - Tough one.... THXLEO
    Favourite Brit - MZ
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned) - SVENGOOLIE
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) - THXLEO.
    Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote) - DJ. "Asshole at large" (see Best ZFE)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Best Male Member: MoonSyler
    Best Female Member : Trin's mom Actually, Debbie
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member: Bass
    Best Staff Member: Aces!!
    Favourite American: Mike and Trin
    Favourite Brit : MZ
    Favorite Canuck: Mo
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by): Capn
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned): Capn
    The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member): Also goes to Aces
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member): Oh my. . . .Dubs. . I gotta pick you man.
    Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote) : Hmmm. . .I guess "Muldoooooooon"
    Last edited by clanglee; 31-Dec-2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: cause
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) - Leo of course. We all know the reasons he's even still around...
    What are the reasons that I'm even still around, bassman?

Super Moderator

UK
    Awww yeah, I'm sweeping the "favourite Brit" category this year ... there's a lot of "buzz" around this year for me winning that one.

/japery

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    What are the reasons that I'm even still around, bassman?
    Your interviews? Other than that you're just a troll. Now lets not bog down this thread with your usual trolling ways.
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Dec-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Your interviews? Other than that you're just a troll. Now lets not bog down this thread with your usual trolling ways.
    I've been a member of this message board or visiting this message board since the late '90's. How does that make me a troll? You don't think your statement to me is antagonistic or trollish? You don't think your snide remarks are trollish? I have a different opinion than you, and others as well, so I state that opinion. That makes me a troll?

My interviews are actual contributions to this website and they actually make it a better and more informative website. Trust me when I tell you that AMC had no clue that homepageofthedead.com existed until I contacted them. Andrew Lincoln made it a point to personally thank me in NY at the Comic Con because I was helping to publicize the show on a website devoted to George Romeo and not The Walking Dead. I've made actual contributions here, not high post counts.

But since you feel that I'm only here because of those interviews, how about if I stop contributing them then? Will that ensure that I'm "bounced" from here? Will I be banned because I actually have the nerve to share my thoughts that are not the same as some of the other members?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's a difference between posting your thoughts and opinions and trying to stir up trouble. Don't act as if I'm the first to tell you this, either. I'm not the first and I won't be the last.

The award asked for the most antagonistic member and I stated who that is. And as you can see....I'm not the only one that thinks so.
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Dec-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Besides, it's not like the awards are at all important, anyway...
    Obviously, since 'I' haven't been nominated by anyone...

United States
    There's a difference between posting your thoughts and opinions and trying to stir up trouble. Don't act as if I'm the first to tell you this, either. I'm not the first and I won't be the last.

The award asked for the most antagonistic member and I stated who that is. And as you can see....I'm not the only one that thinks so.
    Kind of like the way you're not the only one that thought the remake of Halloween was superior to the original?

Again, I post my opinion because it's the way I feel about something. You respond by saying that it's designed to "stir up trouble". No, it's not. It's designed to state my opinion and you, and some others, don't agree with it. What would you like to see happen to those who disagree with you, bassman? Have their opinions removed or have them removed? That's not very nice or mature, is it?

Believe me, I certainly don't mind having others out there disagree with me. It's boring when everyone thinks exactly the same. DubiousComforts is someone that I respect a great deal and he and I couldn't be further apart on our political views. But we understand how to respectfully disagree on certain things without it getting nasty.

After fighting cancer this year, there's not much that truly bothers me anymore. There's certainly a lot more to life than what someone on a message board thinks about you, especially when that person or those persons don't really know you or know anything about you.

Now, back to my question that you didn't answer. If I stop contributing interviews for the website, does that ensure that I will be "bounced" from here?